Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I always thought unit 00 and unit 01 were clones of Lilith. The rest were definitely Adam clones though. I also think that Seele doesn't get what it wants, since Shinji ends up being the arbiter of human destiny instead of them. At first he's like "Make it all feel better!" cause Shinjis a little bitch. But at the end he realizes that all humanity being one being sucks and frees everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Nathilus posted:

Seele absolutely does get what they want, for a while at least. Humanity is merged with the powers of both progenitors in EoE and that is seele's preferred endgame. The god that they create kills itself though, so they only get immortality of a sort rather than that plus unlimited cosmic power.

That's what I was saying though. I don't really think any sane person would make Shinji Ikari their god. The one action he does take in that entire movie is to unmerge all the souls. I have to figure Seele is pretty unhappy with that outcome.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Lots of Godzilla tits

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Nathilus posted:

It's like the saccharine "shinji's school days" anime you get a peak at in episodes 25 and 26. Eva without the angst and suffering is barely even eva.

https://youtu.be/FckkZihQUaU

I'm of the opinion that Shinji's real life is actually an incredibly depressing version of that. He's not actually fighting giant monsters, he's just a regular kid who created this universe in his head cause his life is horrible as poo poo. His mom's dead, his dad ignores him, the girl he likes hates him, and everything terrible about the series is to some degree real, except it's incredibly mundane. Which means even in his fantasies, Shinji is the most pathetic person alive.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

nomadologique posted:

what i'm saying is, contrary to popular opinion, the show is complete and unjustifiable garbage without those two episodes. they are the holy spirit that transmutes its worldly poo poo into genuine meaning.

I agree somewhat. Those episodes definitely give the show meaning, but I did like watching the world end in End of Eva.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Evangelion is the reason I stopped watching anime. While I think it's legit good, the End of Eva is pretty messed up and a lot of other animes emulated the creepy stuff without realizing it was supposed to be disturbing.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I heard that their budget got unexpectedly slashed due to some bigshot getting piss about the episode in which Unit 01 goes unleashed ULTRA-VIOLENCE upon the rouge EVA that the kid from Shinji's class was in.

That's cause they got fined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Yes it is.

• Locked thread