Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ye gods, that was dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Okay, I love this getting right down to poo poo in the first episode. I hope they keep this pace all season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MrAristocrates posted:

That topped the Lash transformation. So great.

Hell that topped the Hive transformation.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am looking forward to the adventures of Fitz and John Hannah to see if they can make the world's most expensive bullet decoy its totally a sexbot

also more of Ghost Rider's sweet car

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mikeraskol posted:

WHY IS THE EPISODE OVER I NEED MORE

Just watch the episode again

I swear I'm going to do that at this rate

I may watch the full on :supaburn: Ghost Rider sequence like forty times before tomorrow because gfd

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How can anyone tell if May is possessed with rage ghost?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Okay, this season already rules. But gently caress not May!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
like I literally went eeeeee afterwards like a goddamn child because holy poo poo it's Ghost Rider

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I'm expecting the director to be super encouraging based off of Simmons' comment of how he doesn't want anyone to feel less important.

Basically the opposite of May's normal demeanor.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
okay so person who does GIFs for the OP I'm gonna need one of the entire transformation sequence tia

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

May sees that poo poo and is like "pfft whatever"

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Chokes McGee posted:

okay so person who does GIFs for the OP I'm gonna need one of the entire transformation sequence tia

Yup.

Codependent Poster posted:

May sees that poo poo and is like "pfft whatever"

Not the first supernatural artifact that has messed with her mind. She did power herself up with the rage staff. But yeah, I'm concerned for her. :ohdear:

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

PunkBoy posted:

Yup.

Not the first supernatural artifact that has messed with her mind. She did power herself up with the rage staff. But yeah, I'm concerned for her. :ohdear:

Except the rage staff was Asgardian. So advanced technology etc etc.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I loved that they took the rocket launcher scene out of the comic for Ghost Rider's intro.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

http://i.imgur.com/j6j6QVy.gifv

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

that'll do, X-O. that'll do

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Out of the goddamn park. I am so enthused for next week now.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

:tviv: Bookmarked.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/rBCwy5k.gifv

GOD DAMNIT

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
So Ghost Rider's going to be the answer to whatever's in the box, right? Like, that "he burns souls" line isn't a throwaway when there are ghosts around.

Also, this season is looking good.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
That Ghost Rider transformation was amazing, and made pretty gruesome when you realize his eyes pop and are burned out of his own skull.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

gently caress yeah, it's back.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I did like how, while he doesn't have a helmet, the design on it from the comics is part of his skull. That's one drat good looking ghost rider, hopefully they keep it up for the rest of the season.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Actually my first thought when this scene occurred:

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Apparently SHIELD is now run by Friend Computer.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

X-O posted:

I loved that they took the rocket launcher scene out of the comic for Ghost Rider's intro.

You don't happen to have that on hand, do ya? My google-fu is weak tonight and it's not pulling it up.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I was worried they were leaning a little too heavily on Ghost Rider for a shot in the ratings arm, but drat if it wasn't cool.

I really hope the show's push to expand it's audience succeeds. Each season gets better than the last and I'd be bummed out if it ended.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Bruceski posted:

You don't happen to have that on hand, do ya? My google-fu is weak tonight and it's not pulling it up.

https://twitter.com/AgentM/status/778415096859090948

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this? posted:

So who wants to bet that Fitz's VR brain scanner thing comes into play copying someone for an LMD?

Calling a twist now: A major character dies. We think "Oh, it was a LMD! Whew!"

Then we find out no, the LMD was the one that survived, with a scanned version of that person's brain still in it, so the actor remains on the show as no longer human.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thanks.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

So many good pacing calls. Not waiting around and dragging out the reveal and instead going straight in balls-out with it was the first of many smart decisions.

This show is really underappreciated. And I get why. The first season had me >< close to jumping off-board. I even skipped a few episodes before Winter Soldier convinced me to check in and see how the hell the TV show was going to handle that. It's just been on an upward climb since, but a lot of viewers are very "Once burned." It doesn't help that anyone backing up to catch up has to slog through season 1.

That said, season 1 makes the whole show much, much better in the long run, so you can appreciate how far things have progressed and see actual character arcs, something this show does very right.

ED: Also I kind of find it hilarious that AI is apparently banned.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 21, 2016

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

The eye effect they on the ghosts, were those really similar to the design of the antagonists that showed up in the Dr. Strange trailers?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Visually-speaking, Ghost Rider is amazing. It's not the chromey-stylish helmet of the comics but I couldn't care less, I just want to see more of whatever this is.

For the purposes of the AoS storyline, Ghost Rider works perfectly as well. His integration into the world-building was pretty seamless and will obviously play a relevant role in the stories and character arcs going forward in ways we can already see.

All that is for Ghost Rider, though. As a fitting representation of Robbie Reyes from the comics, this incarnation is...severely lacking, at least in this one episode. If not for the stretch-and-you'll-miss-it scene between him and Gabe at the end, nothing about his story or characterization or actions have the least bit to do with the original character. Interrogating and torturing his victims? Going on about vengeance and devils? It all just confirms my suspicions that they'd wanted to use Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch and just transported whatever blueprint they had in mind for those characters over to Robbie no matter how much or how little those square pegs might fit this round hole. Or else -- and I'm not sure if this is the better or worse option -- they went for Robbie from day one and just felt like molding him into the most generically-Ghost-Rider-y presentation possible, despite the fact that what makes Robbie so interesting is all the ways he's different from the other, more established spirits of vengeance. :shrug:

So yeah. Anyway.

AGENTS OF SHIELD WOO THIS WAS A GREAT OPENER, YEAH?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
HOLY gently caress, how the good goddamned does that effect look better in a TV show then on Nic loving Cage?!? Because Luna isn't cackling like a madman while it's happening? Is that all it takes?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

The eye effect they on the ghosts, were those really similar to the design of the antagonists that showed up in the Dr. Strange trailers?

Truth be told it kind of reminds me of something from, of all things, the SHIELD comic where Dormammu unleashed a mindless plague on the earth to pave the way for his conquest.

Which also ties into the running rumor of Big D being in Doctor Strange.

I dunno.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Calling a twist now: A major character dies. We think "Oh, it was a LMD! Whew!"

Then we find out no, the LMD was the one that survived, with a scanned version of that person's brain still in it, so the actor remains on the show as no longer human.

Turns out it's Ward.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Turns out it's Ward.

I'm totally on board for a Ward LMD cameo. Maybe May commissions one for use as a practice dummy

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Pyroi posted:

I'm expecting the director to be super encouraging based off of Simmons' comment of how he doesn't want anyone to feel less important.

Basically the opposite of May's normal demeanor.

He's also a very "things are done by the book" beaurocrat from what we can tell.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Whatever it takes to get Brett Dalton back on the show.

Have you seen what the poor guy is doing now?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I like that they're finally using code names. The MCU has been very shy about that. We've never heard them utter the names Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, or Mockingbird. Now they finally use Quake and Ghost Rider.

MrAristocrates posted:

Hah, S.A.D.I.S.T.

Doesn't S.H.I.E.L.D. do that in the comics all the time? Come up with all kinds of acronyms?

Proposition Joe posted:

It sure sounds like it, citizen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They said Mockingbird once. I think literally once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Proposition Joe posted:

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one that thought that.

• Locked thread