Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Whatever it takes to get Brett Dalton back on the show.

Have you seen what the poor guy is doing now?

A loving Christian film, a romantic film, and...some cheap rear end kickstarter crap? What a waste of his talent.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Doesn't matter how the rest of the season is this is so loving beautiful looking and seamless I love it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Codependent Poster posted:

Whatever it takes to get Brett Dalton back on the show.

Have you seen what the poor guy is doing now?

Rock me, Sexy Jesus!

BrianWilly posted:

All that is for Ghost Rider, though. As a fitting representation of Robbie Reyes from the comics, this incarnation is...severely lacking, at least in this one episode. If not for the stretch-and-you'll-miss-it scene between him and Gabe at the end, nothing about his story or characterization or actions have the least bit to do with the original character. Interrogating and torturing his victims? Going on about vengeance and devils? It all just confirms my suspicions that they'd wanted to use Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch and just transported whatever blueprint they had in mind for those characters over to Robbie no matter how much or how little those square pegs might fit this round hole. Or else -- and I'm not sure if this is the better or worse option -- they went for Robbie from day one and just felt like molding him into the most generically-Ghost-Rider-y presentation possible, despite the fact that what makes Robbie so interesting is all the ways he's different from the other, more established spirits of vengeance. :shrug:

The end of his initial series does have him decide he's going to start giving into his bloodlust and murder bad people, so it's not too far off in my eyes.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The premiere pulled a 1.1 last night. Not great, but it's apparently a little bit better than what that timeslot has been doing for ABC these last few years.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Teek posted:

The premiere pulled a 1.1 last night. Not great, but it's apparently a little bit better than what that timeslot has been doing for ABC these last few years.

Ghost Rider is going to personally go to each house and Penance Stare the occupant.

Only those who watched the premiere will survive the catatonia.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
i heard he's ridin' through town with his head on fire, can someone confirm/deny

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Chokes McGee posted:

i heard he's ridin' through town with his head on fire, can someone confirm/deny

Blue jumpsuit appears to be missing, however.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teek posted:

Which, for context, is slightly above the back half of last season but lower than the first 2 and a half seasons.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OB_Juan posted:

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one that thought that.

What's funny is despite all the people hating the new director, they've done a remarkable job of making shield HQ feel more..... professional than it has in any season until now, where it always felt like they were woefully understaffed with redshirts and it was just the main crew that was really active all that much.

It's kind of funny because so far, it looks like an improvement in every possible way to the effectiveness of SHIELD with no indication anyone's really being evil. I really want to see where they're going with it.

ED: I bet right now that the reason Coulson is no longer director is he wouldn't sign the accords.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's kind of funny because so far, it looks like an improvement in every possible way to the effectiveness of SHIELD with no indication anyone's really being evil. I really want to see where they're going with it.

ED: I bet right now that the reason Coulson is no longer director is he wouldn't sign the accords.

That would be a great reason for Coulson's demotion, and pretty in character.

It's true that there's no indication of evil so far, just hella bureaucracy.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Episode owns, show owns, everything owns.

Just rewatched the ep. Im glad yoyo is still around, the character is cool but also her power is really cool.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Hopefully the by the book procedures is because the new director, who is apparently a comics character from the 40s, is actually Horton's Synthetic Man from the first Captain America movie. It would certainly be a way to tie in the AIDA plotline.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

The Director is a Koenig, obviously.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

double nine posted:

Speaking of which, the guy that Mae was beating the poo poo out of, I was sure that was Koenig, but they never gave us a clear shot of his face.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I just got this in an e-mail from the people who put together the fall mini-comicon in the Valley.

I'm tempted to go.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Gonz posted:

I just got this in an e-mail from the people who put together the fall mini-comicon in the Valley.

I'm tempted to go.

He's really funny and was a nice guy when I saw him at a local con. Got an autograph with "Hail Hydra."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holy poo poo that loving ruled. They really took their later time slot to give them more gore.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

He's really funny and was a nice guy when I saw him at a local con. Got an autograph with "Hail Hydra."

I'd like an autograph with these Hydra logos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1yJCg65rYw

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4 Episode 1: The Ghost

http://i.imgur.com/yPmlBd0.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/tCtz5Rx.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/crpybsL.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/neOM1v7.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/e1vrcDf.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/wzGrL2O.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/fbZoxXJ.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/6ZF69jP.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/QlTbqoy.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/ly2sXnH.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/amwkiEz.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/PVcZ5UF.gifv

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Show is high quality. Still my favorite show currently on TV.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Can someone please add some flames to:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, my knowledge of Ghost Rider being the Nic Cage movies, I always thought he killed people with either staring or fire to the point that there's only ash left. Him dragging that dude off and then there being a splatter of blood on the other guy's face like he just jumped in a puddle certainly was a surprise.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
There are as many Ghost Riders as there are things to ride.

There's even a Smokey and the Bandit Ghost Rider.

And a bear. Also, a shark. And Elephant.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 22, 2016

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
How about a unicycle ghost rider?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Gorilla Salad posted:

Don't forget Tank 666, the tank with 4 Ghost Riders:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Did the Nazis get any superheroes of their own or were they just constantly owned by captain america and ghost riders and stuff

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Did the Nazis get any superheroes of their own or were they just constantly owned by captain america and ghost riders and stuff

This doesn't add up at all.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Zzulu posted:

They were all Arian supermen led by the greatest superhero of all, duh.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

David D. Davidson posted:

Oh poo poo here comes dat ghost rider

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Zzulu posted:

There's Captain Nazi, a lovely Captain MarvelShazam Jr. villain.

Edit: Are they seriously calling him loving Shazam Jr now? That's even worse than when he was CM3.

Ojjeorago fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 22, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

double nine posted:

But not a Patton Oswalt. :(

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

David D. Davidson posted:

You haven't heard of the Unipiper? He's Portland famous.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Zzulu posted:

There was Baron Zemo....but he was just some guy that got a purple sock glued to his head.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blazing Ownager posted:

Calling a twist now: A major character dies. We think "Oh, it was a LMD! Whew!"

Then we find out no, the LMD was the one that survived, with a scanned version of that person's brain still in it, so the actor remains on the show as no longer human.
Aw poo poo, it'll be Simmons, won't it? And Fitz has to keep a version of her alive because the reality would break him, because they can't stop loving with that relationship.

PantsOptional posted:

Blue jumpsuit appears to be missing, however.
Also he is decidedly not a motorcycle hero. :/

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Zzulu posted:

There were a few, Captain America had to fight someone. Baron Zemo, Red Skull, Baron Strucker, Arnim Zola, and of course this guy.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Finally watched the episode!

It was so well-done! I have avoided all spoilers and articles, so had no idea Ghost Rider was going to be added to the show (until I saw it on ABC's website as I fired it up). I was a bit worried about the effects but they were actually pretty splendid!

Quake v Ghost Rider was excellent. The box is a neat little mystery. I hope its just May who is infected, I really like her team (especially the woman who showed up before- Piper?). I was actually worried when they were in the room we were going to watch May rip them apart.

Simmons showing some backbone while still trying to protect her 'family' was a welcome development.

I did laugh when I saw Fear the Walking Dead's psycho kid as Robbie's little brother in the wheel chair. Hopefully he will be better on this show.

Are we sure a Koenig isn't the Director? Patton Oswalt has been getting out a lot more and is pretty active on Twitter now. I really am holding out hope to see him again.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
If this show ends without touching further on the multi-Koenig mystery, I will be very sad indeed.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

What comic are these images from?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch #1

Bigger:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Sep 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrAristocrates posted:

Hah, S.A.D.I.S.T.

Also, wasn't Nick Fury in the current cinematic universe the guy who enjoyed inventing the acronyms or was that someone else? I'm wondering if the reveal will be Samuel Jackson as director.

• Locked thread