Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

What in the Jesus GODDAMNED Christ, is wrong with this GUY'S voice, that he thinks that TALKING like that, is going to be an EFFECTIVE delivery, of what is BASICALLY a, pretty GOOD recipe?

As a Guy Who Was on a Failed Reality Show, they want you to talk like that. Choppy little sentences and raise your voice a bit at the end of each one. Watch Fast and Loud, Richard Rawlings is the best (worst) example of it.

For cooking shows, Two Fat Ladies is my all-time favorite. Just two British ladies cooking recipes that probably used most of the lard and salt imports to the British Isles. No jump cuts, no flashy editing, no wacky challenges or hijinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eNc_nfBrGQ

I guess I'll put this out there. They didn't pick us up, Naked & Afraid got the nod instead.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Zenithe posted:

For some reason Australian Netflix just got BBQ Pitmasters. I want to eat everything.

In addition to godlike food, I've also learnt a fair bit myself, and it's a pretty interesting look into an intense culture.

Season one was the best, IMHO. Johnny Trigg is a hoot in real life, so is Tufffy Stone.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

mindphlux posted:

alton brown presents "milquetoast eats" gueststarring chris kimball and as many bowties as possible

The show that was supposed to make food and cooking accessible to the "everyman" ironically created the worst generation of food snobs ever.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I would love to hear your reasoning on this. For all the reasons I no longer care for Alton Brown's schtick, I've never associated food snobbiness with him.

Maybe it's just my circles of friends, but everyone I know that is a huge fan of AB is also an insufferable "foodie".