Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The_Doctor posted:

Crime Scene Kitchen came back last night! :toot:

Hell yes. It's amazing watching Joel McHale sink further and further unto "this is where my career has led me. This is now my paycheck." Every episode.

Only time he broke out if it was when Ken Jeong showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

What if Padma quit because she's lactose intolerant

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

How does the WGA/SAG strike affect food tv?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Honestly I enjoyed this and wouldn't mind seeing more

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Uh oh. Well that is gonna be a very awkwardly cut tournament of champions this year

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jesus christ.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

ive been binging ToC for the first time over the last couple of weeks, and that was the only time ive seen him. that sucks for his ex

Superchef grudge match was fun. You could see who was doing kayfaybe and just having fun with a friend and who really really fuckig hated each other. Like to the point I expected them to grab the knives and attack each other

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Yeah I was shocked Brooke was seeded so low because she won TOC 1, and finalist in 2 and 3.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

I remember Beverly being bullied constantly in Top Chef season 9. It was so over the top that it started to become funny and I started to believe that maybe they edited out all the parts that made people hate Beverly in the first place. The biggest accusation was that all she did was Asian food but she still almost won the competition. I don't think she's ever been back for any kind of retrospective so we'll never know.

Yeah....so uh....

It was because prior to S9 Beverly had called out Heather's boss for wage theft

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

TOC update. Starts the 18th of Feb

Also, counting the lineup, East Coast is indeed 1 chef short, so that's likely gonna be an awkward edit

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I'd be more interested in ans Eric/Jet show down. Either way tho I wanna see Jet in the finals.

Edit: that being said, Shola also would be awesome

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

ive been watching food network stuff on hbo max and put good eats on while i had dinner. i picked an episode from the reboot 5 years ago and it was sourdough.

well, the conceit of the episode was Alton was stuck indoors because of a pandemic and its aftermath, so let's make sourdough. this was from 2019...alton brown confirmed as an illuminati guy

also, hell yeah more TOC

Yeah that was weird as hell.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

TOC prelims started tonight and it showed they haven't fully memory holed Darnell. It would have been a ten second cut to remove him but they still showed him

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Melomane Mallet posted:

I mean, if he's a competitor this ToC, it would be really hard to memory hole him.

Yes but the press announcement of the contestants this year didn't mention him going as far as to have it so that the east bracket had one less chef.

Now what I was talking about is they showed him in flashbacks winning previous TOC rounds which they coulda easily cut

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

smackfu posted:

Is Tournament of Champions good? We are jonesin for some reality cooking shows besides Top Chef and Bake Off which are only like 20 weeks total each year.
My wife and I enjoy it and it has a ton of Top Chef Alum.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

My bracket has Shota making a deep run but I think Jet will win West. For east I went dark horse with Nini.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Uhhhhhh I have an ep where Simon and Justin break down the bracket.....are you all watching the matches?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The live episode is the first three (?) or four matches, just having finished the first battle and in the middle of the second.

Up here in Canada they just gave the Champs their rings. So I am going til 11pm. Just in time for Last Week Tonight.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I consider Malarky losing by only 2 points is a victory for him

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Holy poo poo we just got to Darnell and AF. This is such a crazy edit

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Considering Brooke has made the finals every single TOC she has been in, can we call this the biggest upset so far in TOC history?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

ToC5

Jet hangs on by the skin of his teeth, Murphy loses as expected (I love him but he doesn't seem to have that killer instinct), Mei utterly dominated, and happy to see Amanda advance!

So, each round Looks like we are losing one past champion. Who will fall next time? Mei or Mauneet?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hell I could see Mythical Chef Josh doing pretty well because for all his monstrosities he creates he also is incredibly creative and can do good food well

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

NGL I really wanna know more about this because I don't think I can watch LCK up here in Canada

Also is there TOC tonight becuase Easter?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Holy poo poo Is this Jet's year? Feeling it especially with the edit

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

To be fair she was pretty good on the Netflix Iron Chef.

As for sleepy on Fast Foodies, that's because she(and everyone) was high as balls

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Finally watched TOCV (Working midnight shifts suuuuuuck).

I think The results are such a strong argument for blind judging in cooking competitions. Like the results every round seem to have POC and Women winning more and more and it's wonderful

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Top Chef

nice on team power bottom

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Tonight's Top Chef

Holy gently caress. Rasika has to be the most shocking elimation I have ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Riptor posted:

The "chaos" challenge is one of the worst prompts I've ever seen on the show

Pretty sure I have seen worse. It is probably the worst not sponsored challenge.