Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Suspect Bucket posted:

Hot drat the Elotes episode is off the dang rails. The editing is always sooooooo good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKfbA2mTN0

i've only started watching BA recently and every single time I see Brad in a video I get incredible Andy Dwyer vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mu Zeta posted:

Jacques Pepin is a legend but I'm still haunted by his use of a metal fork to scrape his nonstick pan in his omelette video

i got Anthony Bourdain's cookbook for christmas and during the section where he talks about making omelets he basically says "if jacques loving pepin wants to use a metal fork in his non-stick pan who am i to stop him, he's jacques loving pepin"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

food network is doing a big dumb tournament of champions which is exactly my poo poo, especially because there are a bunch Top Chef competitors involved, but I think this is the first time I've ever heard the words "Top Chef" on the Food Network before. They've always just referred to it as "other cooking competitions" or something along those lines, but apparently with like, 5 winners/runners-up from various Top Chef seasons they can't just do that for the Tournament of Champions.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

toplitzin posted:

Why am I not surprised Molly's drink is the piña colada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWPswqRwc

the most chef-rear end thing that they have all the fancy amari and aperitifs but when it comes to the rum it's just like "eh gently caress it bacardi"

like in the colada it's fine but come on get a little fancy for the daiquiri.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Eat This Glob posted:

Claire did an episode of "it's alive" and she is in heaven. It is delightful seeing her get the honzi graphics. I'm phone posting so I cant embed it easily, but it is worth a watch.

i love her griping about Gourmet Makes, her talking about how in her series they'd tell her to get her mug out of the shot was kinda funny but also shows exactly how success eventually gets kinda boring because they make you do the same thing over and over again without any sort of interesting changes.

also her with the baby was pretty adorable

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

lets not pretend that there aren't many many americans who have knockdown dragouts about whether beans belong in chili

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

dino. posted:

Food People: why do vegans have to call it a burger/milk/cheese if it’s not made of animals? Call it something else! Etc etc.

Also food people: put velveeta and bacon bits in pasta! It can still be called a carbonara!!!

the only people who actually care about vegans calling things burger/milk/cheese are companies who make those things who are trying to make it harder long term for a serious competitor to gain prominence. burger companies will have a much easier time fighting, for instance, the impossible burger if they are legally not allowed to call it a burger, which is genuinely a thing that they are trying to make happen.

edit: also idgaf if it makes me a filthy American, bacon is superior in carbonara to it's cured pork competition. it can't be lovely bacon, but good bacon makes it better.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

honestly her criticism of Kondo makes *way* more sense to me than her criticism of Tiegen. It's almost certainly true that Chrissy Tiegen's career has benefitted from being married to John Legend and being an attractive model but hiring a couple people to help make recipes isn't necessarily the same thing as "a content farm" and she seems to put a lot of work and time into what she does. She sold out but also it's hard to say that anyone who started with a food blog and ended with cookbooks and product lines and poo poo sold out because that's the goal of what you're doing. It's like The Pioneer Woman, who is probably the ideal career path for someone like that.

On the other hand, a woman who got famous with "you need to get all of the dumb poo poo you don't use out of your house" all of a sudden making dumb poo poo you don't use is hilariously ironic.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

look I'm not gonna say that cutting horizontal is objectively the right way to go but I am gonna say that the two best sandos in that video were both cut horizontally. and I'm not talking about Molly's vaguely Cuban-esque sandwich.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I'm not normally an Amiel fan but this video of him and his wife making doughnut bread pudding is pretty adorable and that pudding looks dope as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YzvmrqJHc8

I've made doughnut bread pudding a couple times and it's really really super amazing with some Krispy Kremes (my sister had them at her wedding instead of a full cake setup so we had a bunch of leftovers, then it went over so well that I made it again), topped with a creme anglaise and some chocolate sauce. It'll probably lop a few days off of your lifespan but at this point who wants to live longer?

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 6, 2020

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Veskit posted:

Fine, that's how you want to be?

As a black man in america, there's a gigantic pushback to seeing racist behavior. You get called crazy, nuts, over reactive, and a lot of how could you say this or that. There's no general sense that your gut, your wealth of knowledge of what racism is can be the only thing needed to see the darkness in others. For all of the BIPOCs out there, if you sense that there is racism somewhere trust your gut, and stick with it and find out if justice is possible.

It should have been more obvious to others that a youtube channel in which every white person with a show gets to do whatever the gently caress they want, and the other minorities at best get to demonstrate a disrespectful version of their home meals is probably racist. I should have been more vocal about it. I should have protested the channel sooner. I should have trusted my instincts of how racist america is, especially in the food industry where the faces of white people are put on display while the minorities do the real labor.

honestly you're totally right, I've started to watch BA over the last few months and I've really enjoyed it. The "oh man where are the black people" sensor has gone off a couple times in my head, but because I'm white that noise never really went beyond a low drone. That dull droning was clearly observing the biases that the channel had, not just regarding who is and isn't there, but also who does what out of the people who are there, and I just set it aside because I thought the videos were fun and I picked up some recipes, but clearly that all has a price, and that price is "loving over BIPOC". It sucks and I need to do better.

I hope BA does the right thing and pays all the people who make them so much money, and I hope Rapoport goes away.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Veskit posted:

There's systemic issues there and if you think it's pay related you would have to be loving blind at this point.

you're right, they need to hire some black hosts and stop making everyone who isn't white only work on recipes that people would assume they got from their grandmas. Plus getting more BIPOC in decision-making positions. The pay is just step one, and something they could easily do with a snap of their fingers right now.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Bob Morales posted:

A magazine company not giving raises in this day and age? Especially during a nationwide pandemic? How surprising.

BA isn't "weird food magazine", they are trendy and popular food magazine. They publish what sells.

Rapport brought....golf clubs to the office? Omg. Annoying boss texts assistant on weekends? That has never happened anywhere ever. If he was texting her anything "bad" and not just "hey can you get my dry cleaning" (which she obviously should t be doing outside of work) they will be released any day now.

So now Sohla makes $60k and not $50k? Or she was hired at 50 and makes 60 after being there? Still peanuts in NYC but it's nice to see the number changing across different posts/articles

so
A: The only black employees at BA was Rapoport's assistant who
B: was paid 35k and did not receive a raise during her 2 year 9 month tenure as his assistant despite
C: being made to do personal errands that were outside of her job description and answering weekend text despite HR reprimanding Rapoport and telling him to knock it off

and your response is "ugh that happens everywhere why is she complaining?"

I'm impressed, I've never seen someone lick boot so hard it ended in their colon

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Man you’d better stop, your colon can only take so much

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Don't they have split employment too? Like they work for BA on the magazine and Conde for the YouTube channel? Like that was the whole problem that started everything, Sohla was working for BA as an assistant editor on the magazine and Conde started using her in videos without payment. I know Conde owns BA buts its still a legal separate and distinct company.

I wonder if she might try to parlay her increased fame into making another try at a restaurant.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

charliebravo77 posted:

I hope it's takeout/delivery only because anything else these days seems like an even more terrible idea than restaurants usually are.

oh yeah, I almost forgot about the pandemic hellscape we're still living in

woo

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Fartington Butts posted:

Padma Lakshmi has a new show on Hulu called Taste the Nation. It's mainly about immigration and the food cultures that have come about in the US as a result. That's a bad description, but it makes sense when you watch it.

I watched the first two episodes and seems pretty interesting. Gddamn did I want burritos and sausages afterwards.

Speaking of Padma, the season of Top Chef that just ended was really good all the way through. It was an All-Stars one so all of the chefs are the best of the best and the challenges are really cool stuff like making a kaiseki meal for Olympic athletes or traveling to restaurants on Jonathan Goldman's last Best of LA list and eating the food and making something inspired by them, and the finale took them to Italy to cook for people with like a bajillion Michelin stars.

Top Chef is easily my favorite competitive reality show, and it's because it's reached the point where interpersonal drama doesn't really happen, the groups they've had the last few seasons have all gotten along really well and helped each other out and made each other better, and like 95% of the food they make is stuff I'd die to eat.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Eat This Glob posted:

I honestly cant remember the last season of top chef I watched, but when this one came around I had both cable, a DVR, ample time thanks to covid, and a desire to give it another whirl. I have really enjoyed it so far. I havent watched the grand finale yet, but I've really enjoyed it. I think I'll keep watching.

Padma owning people online reminded me that I used to love the show.

yeah Padma's a pro Twitter follow and over the last few years Tom's really gotten into political advocacy through food, he helped raise a bunch of money for restaurant staff during Covid and is starting up a podcast talking about politics and food.

I would like to watch Padma's Hulu show at some point, it's obviously trying to fill the gap left by Anthony Bourdain but from a completely different perspective even as she visits some of the same groups of people. Probably better than the Gordon Ramsey version of that same show that I've seen some commercials for.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

more falafel please posted:

BATK staff going rogue would be the poo poo, I hope that happens

poo poo, the defector should give them a call, have it be a part of a subscription bundle

I'd happily pay for the good writers of Deadspin and the good cooks of BA without all of the corporate bullshit

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Eat This Glob posted:

On food thoughts, I watched the last season of top chef all-stars for the first time in ages this year, so I went back to watch top chef: boston on hulu because that's my area and i adored melissa and gregory. glad to see why they were all-stars. im watching tc: kentucky because i appreciated the curveball of kentucky. so far, so good

Kentucky is a really good season, but after your done you should check out the Colorado season, probably my favorite non-all Star season in forever, everyone likes each other and they’re all cool and even the most insufferable one is still a nice guy.

although the “special twist” involving old contestants who come back is extra dumb for reasons that become very obvious. maybe making a pregnant lady climb a mountain is something that someone could have seen coming and tried to head off at some point. Like, I know the TC people love LeeAnne Wong, naturally, but her episodes were just a series of exasperated head shakes culminating in the most obvious “I have to leave the competition” moments in reality TV history.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 13, 2020

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Eat This Glob posted:

I just finished it. I really liked it. I thought the finale should have gone the other way, but I wasn't eating the food. I was stoked to see fatima and chris pop up as sous chefs in the finale. I liked them both a lot throughout the season. Regarding the special twist, I was also happy to see Lee Anne wong pop back up, but yeah, dropping a first-time pregnant woman from Hawaii in the goddamn rockies 10k feet above sealevel was asinine lol

e: I also realized I probably didn't have choice for "most insufferable." one of da bears? mustache Joe because of his facial hair?

yeah, I was thinking of mustache Joe when I wrote that. he's just really young and a little headstrong, but he's still a good guy (and it was nice to see him pop back up in the next All-Stars season.

Eat This Glob posted:

I decided I'd check to see where Fatima from Top Chef: Colorado landed after the show and I did not expect to learn she died from cancer at age 29. loving hell. RIP

this is the incredibly awful coda to that season. You can tell in the season how well everyone gets along, especially with Fatima, and then by the time the finale aired she had been diagnosed. She got visits from the rest of the cast regularly, as well as Padma who came and sat with her during some medication sessions, and she even went on Ellen during a period of recovery! But she passed like a year later. It sucks to see someone who is basically your age who is so nice and well-liked with so much talent and potential get dealt the absolute worst possible hand. A real gut punch. :smith:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mu Zeta posted:

His Julia Child recipes looked legit

yeah no one has ever re-made Julia Child recipes and then gotten a big head about it thinking people might want to hear about other things in their lives, thus leading them to make an embarrassing vanity project that everyone makes fun of

actually I think all the Babish stuff is fine and like the guy I just think the story of the Julie and Julia lady thinking everyone wanted to hear about her affairs is hilarious

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

back in the world of things airing on actual television channels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGv_atSHVb4

I sort of stumbled on this by accident as it was re-airing but it's a lot of fun, they really let Alton do all sorts of fun spooks and scares for this. Moments like this remind you that he was in film before he was in food

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I'm glad that they prominently featured their new team member in this video, she's adorable and I hope we see more of her.

and Sohla is great too

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://youtu.be/QzqvtqyqxiE

This channel really should be insufferable because it starts out as just a rich kid doing rich kid poo poo but he discovered that when he gets his dad (Susur Lee, an actual Iron Chef from IC Canada and international restauranteur) to use fast food to make better food, he gets views. So he’s done that more recently.

The kid is kinda lame but it’s funny to see a legit chef like Susur Lee at home, he’s very chill and it’s interesting to hear him talk about fast food (like comparing the CFA chicken Sando to the Popeyes one), but it’s even more dope to watch him turn fast food into fancy food, even if it’s not like “easy, you can do this at home”

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IR3p0CxlLg

Another Claire video but this one has a fun little coda: Claire and a friend from high school (comedian Jo Firestone) tell a story from their days growing up in STL and reminisce about being absolute dorks in high school (I think my sister had cooking contests with her high school friends at least one occasion) and the food they ate growing up. Well worth watching to the end. Especially if you’ve ever been exposed to STL “cuisine”

they’re right, Provel cheese and a cracker crust is a crime against pizza and the only reason people like it is because they developed a kind of Stockholm Syndrome from eating it as a kid. It’s ironic because there’s some pretty good Italian food there but for whatever reason the city has gone all in on “garbage pizza” as a food brand

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

hah, that's a cute vid.

I lived in STL for handful of years. gooey butter cake and imos are awful in my meaningless opinion but you are a straight up crazy person if you don't think "toasted" ravioli isn't delicious. deep fried ravioli? sign me the gently caress up. There are some truly fantastic food spots in STL, unfortunate that their main known-for culinary export is bad pizza.

This is truth, toasted raviolis are incredibly good

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I think how you feel about Kenji probably has at least a little to how much Alton Brown you were exposed to when you were younger. Good Eats was a very formative cooking show fir me and so I’m used to someone who is even more of a know-it-all than Kenji, and Kenji often talks about Alton as an influence. Most people who have that kind of personality can grate on you, my mom hates Alton Brown for exactly that reason.

The only person I’ve ever seen who has been able to walk the line of “know-it-all” while still maintaining likability is Adam Conover, and he mostly did that by making himself even more obnoxious in his show and letting there be other people who get to pop his bubble on occasion. I can’t imagine Alton or Kenji playing the foil, they both know they’re smart but don’t want to play that as a negative. Worst case scenario is a Neil DeGrasse Tyson who was that sort of guy but became a total killjoy and now ends up the butt of jokes more often.

Actually Justin Warner on Food Network has a good balance as well, although I think he’s way more of a Boy Genius than a know-it-all. The difference is that he doesn’t have a job explaining how to make basic home goods and thus gets to be Liquid Nitrogen guy and make wild things. (He’s also likable because he still lives with his parents occasionally, which is very relatable to a fellow Midwestern millennial.)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

New season of Top Chef is airing its first episode now. They filmed over the summer in Portland, where of course nothing interesting was happening during this past summer, so I’m sure it will be business as usual.

Seriously though: it’s looking to be unique. There’s no shopping in-store, they make lists and pick up their groceries at Whole Foods. There’s no big fancy celebrities judging (with one very obvious and IMO obnoxious exception), they have past contestants as a part of a reoccurring judging panel that will eat every meal and switch off as the “guest” judge. There’s no public events, a lot less cooking for large groups (although they’re doing a requisite “cook for doctors working during the pandemic”) event, just a whole lot of Tom, Gail, Padma and friends. Also wildfires forcing changes in the schedule because they couldn’t be outside. This year is also emblematic of a bigger change that Top Chef has been making over the last few years. I think since Eric Adjepong a few seasons back they’ve made a concerted effort to include chefs who cook African food, and this year they’ve got two chefs who made African cuisine week 1, and the season preview showed off visiting a West African restaurant in Portland. This season has chefs from a wide range of backgrounds, everything from Africa to Japan, Thailand to Haiti, Mexico to India. It’s nice that they’re showing off a wider range of cuisines.

Episode 1 spoiler: I’ve never been so disappointed by an episode 1 elimination, Roscoe seemed awesome and makes some of the best BBQ in the country. I hope he comes back up through LCK.

Edit: quite the lineup of past contestants:
https://twitter.com/bravotopchef/status/1377779089482911746?s=21

Edit2: finally after over a decade top chef has made up for employing Toby Young for 2 years

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 2, 2021

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

AnonSpore posted:

https://www.eater.com/2021/5/11/22430383/why-are-gross-viral-food-videos-popular-rick-lax-facebook-watch

Apparently most of the bizarre cooking videos popping up recently are the product of one dude pumping out viral content

Well I’m glad someone from The Voice is finding success

Edit: without yelling racial slurs that is

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

eke out posted:

no one talks about top chef in this thread but this season is fantastic and jamie owns

This is the best season in ages; everyone is super nice and good and supportive of each other and also really good at cooking. The challenges are good too, it’s nice to see the show branch out and work with cuisines that don’t often show up on the show. They managed to work through COVID really well

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

A General note on Top Chef this season:

Having the rotating panel of former TC contestants is great, especially because Kwame and Gregory are really showcasing their amazing fashion sense every week.

Notes on last chance kitchen:

The finale is always a real gauntlet, watching the chef trying to get back in get steadily more exhausted is great fun. You can see as he’s explaining it that Tom is very pleased with his game design this time around. It’s compelling TV and I love that there’s just that much more Top Chef every week.

Jaime is truly the queen of LCK this year, coming back after elimination and shutting down Byron after he awakened the beast in the finale. Underestimate at your own risk.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mu Zeta posted:

Probably a choice since I quit watching the show years ago when one of the challenges was encasing all the food in a huge block of ice and making the chefs use a pickaxe to get the igredients out. And one of the judges later complained that their food was frozen. Like.. don't loving put the food in a block of ice then.

It has gotten much better since then; there were a few seasons where there was a surplus of dumb reality show bullshit but they’ve gotten away from that because they realized it’s much better to test actual cooking skills. It’s been paired with an increase in highlighting different cuisines. This season had a challenge where the chefs went to African/diaspora restaurants in Portland and made dishes inspired by that, another challenge where they used ingredients from native populations from Oregon, and one where they had to make savory dishes featuring fruit (without vegetables) picked and cooked right on the orchard. This week’s was preparing dishes highlighting tofu and they got to visit the oldest tofu manufacturer in the US.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

You know the family episodes of Top Chef always aim for the feels but the combination of the pandemic and how close these chefs are really made this week a five-hankie affair. This season really is something special and I cannot wait to see how it closes out

i know Tom and Padma have officially banned the self-sacrifice at Judges Table and Maria obviously was not gonna let Jamie do that but that was still one of the most touching things I’ve seen over the entire run of the show. She didn’t do it because she thought she hosed up she just wanted Maria to get that same second chance she had, if Jamie doesn’t win Fan Favorite now fans should just be banned from voting on it ever again. And Kristin talking about how she felt when she was sent home and telling Jamie that she deserves to be there was really sweet too. The last five or so minutes of the show were non-stop sniffles at my house. Maria went out like a champ even if she didn’t make the finals.

I know that reality tv made its name on showing people at their most cutthroat and cunning, but it’s truly better when everyone is talented and competitive but also they respect and love each other.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

GrandmaParty posted:

Worst cooks is the best at this because they legitimately seem to be having fun.

When I watch this with my family I joke that the people having the most fun making Worst Cooks are the editors because they get to do all the corniest effects and goofy interview bits and it plays because the vibe of the show is so fun that it works

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Screaming_Gremlin posted:

Since I know there are other people in this thread watching Top Chef. Spoilers for the final episode.

On one hand it sounds like Gabe's food was pretty amazing. It certainly looked great. Unfortunately, it sounds like he is a trash human being who was fired from his job for constant sexual harassment. Who knows if anything public will come out, but it is certainly a really disappointing way to end what was otherwise an amazing season.

This really deflated what was an otherwise good season. I was really happy to see Gabe win and a couple hours later I saw statements from Padma and Gregory about the allegations of harassment. Alas it’s unsurprising that a male head chef did stuff like that considering how restaurant culture has been over the last… ever, they probably can’t take the title back but I suspect he’ll not be invited back as other past winners have been.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Have you ever watched Binging with Babish and thought “man I wish I could watch this guy gently caress up”? Well then I have the video for you!

https://youtu.be/M8DHsercsOM

You think it’s bad when he gets mocked by a world-renowned Italian chef and then proceeds to almost ruin $500 of cheese, then you get a glimpse into a 4 digit car repair bill and loving up his first try at the dish, but then he blames the cheese and is cursed by the Pecorino gods and fucks up a bone simple dish as many times as there are ingredients in Cacio e Pepe.

I like the guy but it was some good ol’ hubris and failure worthy of Roman mythology

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

Eyyy Ron Popeil just died

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/28/ron-popeil-dead-dies-infomercial/

The guy who popularized home rotisseries and dehydrators with his infomercials

Ron Popiel is a name that I literally only know because whenever I made jokes about Billy Mays or Vince Shamwow and my mom asked who they were she would always end up waxing poetic about Ron Popiel

But also the Chop-o-Matic is the perfect device for young people who don’t have developed knife skills because it makes chopping and mincing a breeze if you’re not picky about them being wildly uneven in shape

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

This is sort of insane because they’ve been running Beat Bobby Flay non-stop for the last month because he’s got a BBF cookbook coming out.

As someone who watches entirely too much Food Network, after a while you notice that there’s a sort of west coast/east coast divide between the different shows, with Bobby Flay as the face of the New York stuff (which also includes Chopped) and Guy Fieri as the face of the California stuff. There are some chefs that will do both sides (Alex Guernasheli, Damaris, Michael Voltaggio) but most of the time they don’t really cross over. And Guy keeps attracting really great chefs too, both Kristen Kish and Brooke Williamson are doing his shows regularly. I think Fieri has been the bigger name on FN for a while now but they really seem to be leaning into him all the way. Who knows, maybe they’ll just exit NYC entirely. I know the building that they’re based out of, it’s right in the heart of Chelsea which can’t be cheap. With the impending Warner merger they might be looking to consolidate in LA.

Personally, as much as I enjoy BBF (and honestly, I don’t mind Bobby Flay as much as some people, anyone with a giant orange cat is my friend), I think the vibe of GGG is better. First off, the show doesn’t come from a place of just ballooning the ego of the star/host, and all of the judges and contestants feel like they like each other. Plus, it’s got a much wider range of possibilities and is just more relatable to the average person. If you’re competing with Bobby Flay you have to be a high-skill chef, but GGG can have an episode where four 15-year-olds can go run around the store and it’s still compelling TV. It’s just more fun and entertaining.

All that said, if Netflix offers Nacho Flay a show I’ll subscribe. Look at this handsome motherfucker he makes Bobby look like Mario Batali.

https://twitter.com/nachoflay/status/1047547605453090816?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Folks, our long national nightmare is finally over: Bobby Flay is staying with Food Network

https://twitter.com/michaelausiello/status/1462772329629597699?s=21

Also here’s a picture of his cat making a fool out of sanitation guidelines:

https://twitter.com/barryweisbord/status/1379443037881925636?s=21