Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hate that show. A guy is frying up some tofu and putting it on a plate it's not loving cancer research..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chef's Table is the worst food show ever. I rather watch Mark Summers chow down on garbage State Fair food.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Italian people are basically insufferable. Doesn't matter if something tastes good. They'll call it poo poo if it's not the way their grandma made it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I specifically meant Italian people in the online comments section. In-person they are good people.

I'd love to see those chefs watch a Filipino version of pasta carbonara. They'll flip their poo poo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Gordon Ramsay showed up in one of the episodes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Marco Pierre White has to be the granddaddy of that kind of chef character.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I want more recipes presented in music form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOTrHrGSeNM

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She keeps talking about Chez Panisse and it annoys me because I hate Alice Waters

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He's a good cook from Canada. The guy I hate is Action Bronson.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Willie Tomg posted:

off camera i'm sure he's whatever. on camera matty matheson is a loud fat man who throws butter, bacon and cheese on it, whatever "it" is, for epic fuckawesome reddit upvotes and ron swanson imgur reaction gifs. he's what's wrong with the internet, he's what's wrong with nerd culture, he's what's wrong with america. stop it.

THIS is an outstanding cook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKCeHGoqfgs&t=289s

Masterchef Professionals is cool because it doesn't do that Hell's Kitchen walk of shame circus crap. Everyone leaves with their heads held high because they were good enough to be considered in the first place. Also it owns how Marcus Waring is low-key the nice guy between the two chef hosts despite his po-faced and utterly serious demeanor, and Monica Galetti might be smiley and approachable on the surface with an airy sense of humor, but her skills tests out her as a sadistic goddamned psychopath who loves watching folk squirm just to see them carry it.

Every dish on that show has a bunch of vegetable purees, chantarelle or morelle mushrooms, faggots (whatever those are, some kind of offal meatball?), and compressed fruit or something. I like the show a lot but most of the dishes including their plating start to get very similar. And I think they focus way too much on presentation.

Also I have a feeling Marcus Wareing might not be back for the next season because his flagship restaurant just lost a Michelin star.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 7, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Samurai Gourmet too

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Doesn't he refuse to shake hands with fans or something. Though shaking hundreds of hands probably sucks.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bourdain is probably the only person on the planet to bring Obama to a hole in the wall for an interview. And then proceed to just talk about their kids and eating strategies for the noodles. And yeah I legit started swelling when I saw Obama could use chopsticks.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He's one of the few to point out that the chicken wings are trash and overcooked. They should start cooking them fresh instead of buying it at a supermarket.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

His videos just reminds me of snooty places like Williams Sonoma

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

This is the Bon Apetit staff sitting around and talking about pizza for an hour. Wish my job was like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a7Q7vvuA9I

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

wormil posted:

Seems like BA videos are getting longer, well YT videos in general seem to be getting long, does this appeal to most people? I've been skipping most BA videos because of length. I watched the sauce and cheese videos and lost interest in their pizza series. For me it's like bowling, fun to do in real life with friends but boring to watch. Like Claire recreate Doritos was mildly interesting but in the end she made Doritos which are literally in every store in America. Guess I'm not the target audience. It's just that I'm interested enough to watch 8-10 minute videos but not enough to watch 30-60 minute videos.

I treat the long videos like a podcast. Just put it on the background. They don't expect anyone to make those doritos recipes, it's just for entertainment.

I do watch all the videos from the Carla lady and there's another one doing Indian style recipes that are pretty easy to make.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chris seems to be the most methodical recipe guy and Brad is a human golden retriever but I don't think the recipes they present look all that appetizing. Meanwhile I feel I could smash 5 bowls of anything Priya or Carla makes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She's not a BA employee and just does contract stuff.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's annoying how he pretends to be doing some treacherous climbing of a mountain while there's probably an army of camera crew and producers right behind him.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I liked seeing Andy work in a Chinese restaurant in their recent video. I want to see more of the staff try to survive in the restaurant setting where poo poo is always blowing up.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The video lengths are excessive now but that's Youtube in general. It's why those apology videos are 2 hours long.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Looks a lot like these folks were involved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ

Sounds similar anyway

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

ATK can be great but sometimes the seasoning level sucks rear end. They made a big pot of gumbo and only added like a teaspoon of cayenne.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The new Claire recreates whatever video is 40 minutes. This is ridiculous.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

White ramen guy makes curry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvyeJTRK_CA

I know I'm making glorious nipponese curry tonight

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ranter posted:

I made this. Was way better than the first time I tried making that boxed curry with chicken thigh. I think the pork and a good stock are what make it great.

I used pork chops and it was a huge mistake. Meat got super dry and hard even with a pressure cooker. Also adding the honey made it gross. Skipping that next time.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Steve Yun posted:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJjyyWFwUIOfKhb35WgCqVg

This Mexican grandma’s cooking channel started blowing up recently (too bad it’s all in spanish)

Alice Waters would jerk off to this

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I thought it was a parody of those Chef's Table wankfests

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's amazing how BA videos have changed in just a few years. Their channel used to have terrible videos like this. Annoying loud music and basically a paid advertisement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JZ0maxb3MY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EuESxt1gPE

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There was some social media backlash when he banned trump supporters from his restaurant. Sounded like an impotent rant.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

David Chang ain't no Bourdain but he's putting in the effort. With celebrities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Foc0I0CACY

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm glad they only did 4 episodes because they were running out of steam fast. He should stick to doing travel shows with friends.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The lady making the french omelette in their egg video is legit. Made Brad's omelette look amateur. Though Priya's chopped up egg whites looked like a disaster to me.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Most of his food doesn't look that great. His steak wrapped in eggs looked dry and bland. His kimchi was a travesty and he has a 20 minute video about making a balogna sandwich.

I don't think Priya has spent any time in a professional kitchen and she lacks some skills but I'd scarf down all her Indian-ish food.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He wears tinted glasses indoors

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah dumplings are a meal.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Still got triggered by the others. And no I never had dumplings as a snack. I'll eat like a dozen at a time.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The BA site has a recipe for the best morning buns as well. Aren't morning buns just cinnamon buns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqy4XFraBlk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I really want that pizza oven they use in the BA kitchen but it's like $700. Way too much for an oven that only cooks pizza.