Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Democratic Pirate posted:

Is it cool if I just watch Jacques Pepin vids on YouTube?

There's a twitch channel which regularly plays jacques and also jacques + julia.

It also shows this lovely early 90s show with random hotel chefs making lovely food. And a vegan cooking show. But the jacques/julia stuff is awesome.

https://www.twitch.tv/food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Steve Yun posted:

Episode 4 is a New York Jew making ramen and telling everyone to go gently caress themselves.

So no pork broth ramen?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
What do you mean they gave it away?

The first episode of the first season, when the music kicks it up a notch and builds into this big crescendo as they reveal all the dishes.... I cried.

Food TV isn't meant to be that emotional but those film makers know their craft.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
That seems super sloppy for a top 50 restaurant. Good restaurants now use electronic systems with email and credit cards and reminders/notifications. Is it a Thai culture thing perhaps

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Bob Morales posted:

https://www.julietaboulie.com/

Play this drinking game. every time she says 'Lebanon' take a shot. You will die before the first recipe is done.

WE GET IT. YOU'RE FROM LEBANON. YOUR loving LAST NAME IS 'TABOULIE'. MINT LEAVES REMIND YOU OF LEBANON. OKAY.

Where are you seeing these recipe videos where she says Lebanon a lot? That page you linked just has 2 short 30second videos.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Pollyanna posted:

Do we do YouTube here? I like Chef John.

Hey everyone it's chef john here from food wishes dot com wiiiiith, every video starts the saaaaame! You read this in his voice.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Elizabethan Error posted:

and got racist in Iowa.

ooooh do go on

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
searching for Create, Create Channel, Create Channel Youtube is surprisingly not working.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoC47do520os_4DBMEFGg4A

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 19, 2018

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Oh, the link was right but lowtax's youtube [/] tagging magic breaks it. Updated it to remove the tags. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoC47do520os_4DBMEFGg4A

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Yeah garlic in carbonara can gently caress right off.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Tendales posted:

The thing I thought was most interesting is they were all totally fine with using bacon or pancetta instead of guanciale. gently caress garlic or parsley, but eh, if you can't find pig face we forgive you.

In pork we find peace and harmony. Pork knows no nation, no borders. Pork is love.

My favorite meat to be sure. I am glad I don't keep kosher/halal because those blokes are missing out.

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 14, 2018

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Mu Zeta posted:

White ramen guy makes curry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvyeJTRK_CA

I know I'm making glorious nipponese curry tonight

I made this. Was way better than the first time I tried making that boxed curry with chicken thigh. I think the pork and a good stock are what make it great.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Steve Yun posted:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJjyyWFwUIOfKhb35WgCqVg

This Mexican grandma’s cooking channel started blowing up recently (too bad it’s all in spanish)

Over 800,000 subscribers. Hopefully her family is raking in the big $ now.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Stella Parks is doing good work over at Serious Eats but besides that there's not much happening there lately.

Methinks Kenji has switched priority to building his brick and mortar empire, travelling and raising his kid. How the man still finds time to cook for fun at home while owning a restaurant blows my mind. He must have had serious external financing and success to not be pulling 80 hours for it, being able to travel to south america for months < 12 months after opening...

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Oh no poo poo? I only follow his insta and its all pictures of food hes cooking with his kids and at the restaurant. But it totally makes sense that he's branding. Because holy poo poo he has a lot of free time if he was actually running the place.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
BA's Brad + his cheeky camera/editor Matt are the best things about that channel. Fight me.

(claire is a close second)

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

fknlo posted:

My favorite Brad moments are when he randomly shows up during someone else's thing.

And mumbles random things that require subtitles that are actually not what he said but are Matt sassing him.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
yeh a whole bird browned and sitting on the table is a thing. families are used to dry poo poo and as an outsider for whom thanksgiving also wasn't a thing, it was weird

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I remember a rumor a few years back that Alton is a boomer oval office.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
no one is doing that

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Resting Lich Face posted:

Wait. People ship the BA crew?

Why?

Resting Lich Face posted:

I find that unlikely.

Very few people are doing that, probably, but I bet some are.

are you OK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I bought a bag of sour warheads at Big W and took it into a movie when I was 12. I chemical burned my tongue it took 5 days to heal. I am cosmo.