Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like to yell at the kids on chopped junior. They're always doing some stupid poo poo and the judges are too nice to call them out on it. I make sure I criticize them in front of my own kids, so my kids know not to do that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

What little I know about hot chicken makes me think this isn't how you're supposed to do it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PhotoKirk posted:

The show that was supposed to make food and cooking accessible to the "everyman" ironically created the worst generation of food snobs ever.

I would love to hear your reasoning on this. For all the reasons I no longer care for Alton Brown's schtick, I've never associated food snobbiness with him.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

His recommendation in the most recent episode that you leave your chicken out for two hours under a house fan to dry before roasting was some amazing bullshit. I mean I don't doubt that it removes any moisture from the skin, but who has time to do that?

I just spatchcock it the night before then put it in the fridge uncovered. Fridge is low humidity and dries the skin out nicely.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drgitlin posted:

Yeah since this thread is mostly posts that are just the right side of creepy about people none of y’all actually know I’ll unbookmark it and you can go back to writing your new media fanfic.

As if it would be better to make creepy posts about people we do actually know.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
breville at least makes good poo poo. Maybe they can use all their science and know how and manufacturing expertise to figure out how to put controls on the joule.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Eat This Glob posted:

Being with babish sucks, but I only saw one episode before concluding it wasnt for me. His "binging" show is neat still imo. OTOH, guy fieris supermarket show is supposed to be entertaining, but the douche chill vibes are way too strong to ever give it a try

I've softened on him. He seems to be a genuinely decent fellow that's stuck doing an exaggerated character. And because of that, he's stuck with that awful, awful hair for the rest of his life, or until TV decides it's done with him. Like they did with Emeril.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On Worst Cooks last night, a guy called a ham hock a ham cock and alton kept repeating it and they even put hashtag #hamcock on screen.

I have nothing to add to that.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got a hankering for some macaroni salad with a side of type 2 diabeetus

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
$25 is cheap but $30? Slow your roll Mr. Rockefeller.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Galloping Gourmet is great if you want an old cooking show to look for. Graham Kerr is hilarious.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So dude shows up with a pig butchering diagram tatted on his arm so I ask "Where did you stage?" and he just looks at me, no idea what I'm even asking.

Yeah we taught him a thing or two out back.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760?s=20

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

droll posted:

3 kitchens into the video so far and they've all had dishwashers. In NYC.

Is that unusual?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That seems so weird to me. Dishwashers are cheap, and they save water. I suspect it has more to do with the age of the housing there and the fact that landlords don't have to invest in improving them than anything else.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

They require plumbing in though, which landlords are unlikely to want to do.

Plumbing them is just tapping off the water and drain lines under the sink. It’s not a huge undertaking.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Carbonara is primed for internet drama because it's one of those dishes people get strangely elitist about despite its origins as some poo poo poor Italian families threw together because they didn't have anything else to eat in the house.

Food purity arguments are dumb anyway, but getting elitist about struggle food is the weirdest thing.

Looking at you, beans-in-chili haters.

fake edit: To be clear I'll still judge someone for putting velveeta in carbonara, not because it's impure, but because it sucks.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Steve Yun posted:

Tiktok food drama of the week:

Some lady on Tiktok has been promoting her own dressing called Pink Sauce

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7115136781527338286

She makes it at home! By hand!

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7111313292542446894

But people started noticing weird things

Like she said there was milk in there but it comes in the mail and the bottle has no instructions to refrigerate

It says 444 servings per bottle

It costs $20

Ingredients misspelled

The color was different between batches

The consistency was different between batches

Guy who makes lots of dressings weighs in:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7122346566505172270

Just wanna say I appreciate food safety laws

Could the garlic not be acting as an emulsifier? I know traditional Spanish alioli uses only raw garlic as an emulsifier.

I mean, I still wouldn’t touch this stuff, but I’m just curious because there’s a shot load of glaring in the blender in that video.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really need to proofread better.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What is the white people food meme?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh ok I thought it was a picture meme that I missed.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I opened some durian candy at work once. After the third person asked if we had a gas leak I admitted what I did and apologized.

I just wanted to try it, I had no idea that candy would stink up the whole joint.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I knew that actually durian fruit would be bad. Had no idea these would…I’m thinking it was durian flavored sugar wafers. They were not good.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

Prepackaged durian snacks are basically inedible compared to fresh durian. I can eat fresh durian no problem, even fried pieces, but Costco sells a pia hopia durian snack cake and when I took a small bite I almost threw up.

That’s good to know. I was led to believe durian smelled like garbage but tasted good but these smelled like garbage and also tasted like garbage.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

This movie is loving WILD. I caught a screening yesterday and it's one of the funniest movies I've seen so far this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAWZMssP3gM

That looks right up my alley.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey what ever happened to Emeril? I don’t remember him getting milkshake ducked or anything but my memory sucks. He just kind of disappeared from tv.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Christ that’s awful.

Yeah i didn’t think there was anything outright offensive about the Mexican episode, other than maybe the mustache on the one dude’s tres leches cake.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

So should I watch the British people baking show or what

It really is a better baking competition than anything America has to offer. But you can’t forget that at the end of the day, it’s still British people giving out awards for baking.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Democratic Pirate posted:

Having a taco challenge for a baking competition is wild. Yeah you need skills to make tortillas, but why not do something else like bolillos. Maybe make tortas if you need to have fillings in there.

Paul Hollywood criticizing one of the contestants because there was browning on her tortilla was pretty wtf

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t think Dino is commenting on their attractiveness. He’s just saying what they’re wearing is ugly.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They need to give them the a blast chiller to use. Probably the only area where American baking shows are better, they always have a blast chiller.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but no one is baking outdoors at home either so maybe they could level things out a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man I wish I was good enough at something that I could totally sell out doing it.