Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Hardball with Chris Matthews
Dec 18, 2007

quote:

MATTHEWS: So, is Hillary backer Bob Kerrey pretending to sell Obama, but clearly putting the shiv in?

Here is Hillary Clinton defending him and Bob Kerrey: “I think the remarks were very positive. I know Bob. He was being very complimentary of Senator Obama. He was making a point that Senator Obama makes himself all the time, that, because of his upbringing and his heritage, he is, in his view”—“in his view”—catch that line—“very well-suited to communicate with the rest of the world. And he has just himself that he wants to have a particular outreach to the Islamic world. So, I think Senator Kerrey was being, you know, very generous in what he said.”

But didn‘t Hillary dump on Obama a few days ago for playing up his Indonesian roots? So, what is she up to here? Is she pushing how great he is for having been born in Indonesia, or what, or simply reminding everybody about his background, his Islamic background?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/22326842/ns/msnbc-hardball_with_chris_matthews/t/hardball-chris-matthews-dec/#.V9-Gkz4rL_S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

as a child of immigrants who will be profiled and interned after a trump win, i still think the country & world would be better off in 10 years if he wins as opposed to clinton winning.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

i dont, though i imagine trump's immigration policy will be mostly DOA with so many stakeholders relying on cheaper labor coming to the states. otherwise, intervening killer drone lady who is all about govt secrecy is a well understood evil.

i imagine republicans and her will work pretty well on foreign policy and erosion of privacy. at least with trump there might be a facade of resistance and a public conversation but liberals will probably fold on profiling because :911:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Roylicious posted:

I hope the 9/11 veto gets overridden if he does it. Saudi Arabia sucks.

Although Obama has kind of a point that it then sets a precedent and opens the USA up to lawsuits from foreigners. Solution to that is maybe stop doing illegal war things though!

he's been allowing a suit against Iran to go through, including for 9/11

https://www.rt.com/usa/335174-iran-damages-september-911-victims/

(yet RT but w/e)

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

sorry, i should have meant 'the precedent has been set, anyway'

• Locked thread