Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Roylicious posted:

I like how it's now an Obama conspiracy that single payer public option didn't happen even though the GOP explicitely said 'we will filibuster this unless you remove this' and at the time the Dems did not have 60 seats so it was either remove it or nothing. Then the GOP filibustered anyway and the Dems got lucky with Kennedy's seat and managed to squeak it through as it was on the floor before the GOP got the seat filled.

It's also an Obama conspiracy that the GOP then sued over it and took it all the way to the Supreme Court, which was only resolved June 2015.

What exactly is he supposed to do? The executive isn't the king. He can't just force Congress to pass laws nor can he tell the courts to screw off with their injunctions.

There is no bargaining possible when the GOP says 'remove this or we will filibuster it and it will never pass because you don't have 60 seats.'

e:

I very rarely post in here but even I know you're either a moron or a bad troll. "Empowerment of this toothless regulatory agency is bad because it is toothless!!!" is what you just said.

Lmao i don't even care about any of this but just lmao at "the GOP threatened to filibuster so it was completely impossible of course no chance whatsoever shouldn't even try, except uhh this thing they filibustered and got passed anyway"

Like lol hardest self own i've seen in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread