Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Those are the exact words John Sculley used when firing Steve Jobs from Apple.

You're going to see, once people realize that QB teaching resources are being wasted, everything is going to change

I don't know how many examples we have because of the immense pressure to play high pick rookies.Aaron Rodgers is the obvious one, there's Tyrod, and Tony Romo.

drew brees, philip rivers, eli manning, tom brady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Oh boy, every team finishing 8-8.

A good, well-supported minor league system is how most problems in play quality is cured.

Having a minor league system for a sport where guys only really have a limited number of hits their body can take and where the average career length is 2.5 years doesn't really make much sense.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

Who did Brees torture? :stonk:

Brees is a big noted supporter of Gitmo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Why? Does Matt Ryan suck? Or did I rate him too low for you? So far I've been called out on Ryan and Carson Palmer, neither of which invalidates my argument, btw, and their lifetime stats seem to generally bear out my rankings.

If we want to argue the difference between a "B" and an "A", I suppose we could but I'm not sure how it effects the overall point I made, which is that there's not really a "quarterback competency crisis" in the NFL at all.

Carson Palmer and Matt Ryan are both perfectly good, solid NFL QB's, neither of which I think are going to the Hall of Fame or anything

Putting Rivers and Romo with Luck, Ryan, Stafford, and Flacco is kinda funny

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Best QB season wasted on a fuckface organization?

code:
Year	Age	Tm	Pos	No.	G	GS		Cmp	Att	Cmp%	Yds	TD	TD%	Int	Int%	Lng	Y/A	AY/A	Y/C	Y/G	Rate		
2011	31	DAL	QB	9	16	16		346	522	66.3	4184	31	5.9	10	1.9	77	8.0	8.3	12.1	261.5	102.5		
How the gently caress did the 2011 Cowboys go 8-8 with that level of QB play? :wtc:

2010 Rivers is near identical to that. Truly Rivers and Romo are linked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Why is Aaron Rodgers at the top, when he can't get anything done with Nelson/Cobb, while Rivers is passing for 70% and no INTs with basically just Travis Benjamin

I've always been amazed at Rivers' ability to get 100 yard receiving performances out of guys like Eddie Royal, Legedu Naanee, Seyi Ajirotutu, etc

• Locked thread