Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
OP is wrong, we're about to experience a QB renaissance. The last decade of five teams dominating the playoffs because of their quarterbacks will be an aberration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

I was thinking the same. I think almost by definition and the nature of competition, in any given year "about a third" of NFL QB's would be considered "bad". I don't think there's a "quarterback crisis" at all but, if there is, one factor may be the trend towards playing really young players early on rather than sitting them for a few years like teams used to do.

Right now, we have:

Great:
Aaron Rogers
Cam Newton
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Ben Roethlisberger
Russel Wilson

Really Good/Above Average
Tony Romo
Matt Ryan
Matt Stafford
Andrew Luck
Phillips Rivers
Eli Manning
Joe Flacco

Adequate
Andy Dalton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Alex Smith
Jay Cutler
Kirk Cousins
Carson Palmer
Ryan Tannehill
Sam Bradford

Rising Too early to say
Carson Wentz
Teddy Bridgewater
Blake Bortles
Marcus Mariotta
Derek Carr
Jameious Winston

Brock Osweller
Dak Prescott
Tyrod Taylor
Trevor Seiman
Paxton Lynch
Jared Goff
Jimmy Garapolo

Complete poo poo/Hopeless
Case Keenum
Mark Sanchez (is he in the league?)
Blaine Gabbert
RG3
Shaun Hill

I don't know what to make of Kaepernick. I always thought he could play.

I don't see a crisis here. Luck, Bortles, Winston, Mariotta, Wentz and Carr look to have bright futures. If anything, I think the position is on the rise. For comparison, I went back and looked at starters from 10 years ago, 2006:

There are names on there like John Kitna, Chad Pennington, Rex Grossman, JP Losman, Jake Delhomme, David Carr, Matt Leinart, Vince Young, David Huard, David Garrard, Bruce Gradkowski, Byron Leftwich, Brad Johnson and Aaron Brooks. I think the ration of great to good to average to poo poo is about the same as it's always been.

Carson Palmer adequate? wtf

Nov 6, 2002

Should have stopped at Jeff Fisher, point was made.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Before the game started I was like, just so everyone knows, this guy is actually really slow.

And then he went out and ran a naked bootleg and a bunch of read option plays.

It's all relative. I'm sure to the coaching staff him and Jimmy are like cheetahs compared to what they're used to.

• Locked thread