Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I learn it by repeating it as often as legally possible.

Currently researching African American slavery. I currently have 9 fantasy football teams going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Next month is the Holocaust.

I'll be going around to various jewish businesses and gay bars farting as often as possible. If anyone frowns at me I'll frantically shove almonds into my mouth. All in my old marching band uniform.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Trail of Tears is gonna be great. Tie a dollar to a fishing line on a super hot day and just lead people on as fast as I can make them walk. I'll try to do this at the Seminole hard rock for the proper demographic.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I think I might have to up it to 100 dollar bill as a dollar just doesn't have the same allure as it used to. But drunks and gamblers are desperate.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna sperg here for a sec. Charge of the light brigade wasn't an outteching. It was more an communication fuckup.

General X saw a lightly defended artillery line and he sent light calvary to make sure the Russians couldn't drag the artillery away or reuse it. Light calvary were perfectly capable of doing this. The order was then sent to the commander at the front.

The commander at the front couldn't see the lightly defended ridge due to the terrain. But he could see another heavily defended ridge with a shitton of soldiers and artillery on it.

And orders were orders.....the commander knew it was gonna be really bad and led them but still....
The General saw the fuckup but he couldn't get a message recalling them in time. They did actually reach the ridge and took parts of it but they got pretty hosed up and had to retreat. Big fiasco.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Back then: You'd smoke, drink, and play cards. Then you'd stab the other dude for cheating.

Today: You vape, drink mt. dew, and play halo. Then you report the dude to xbox with "a cheating human being" as the report reason.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Also a bunch of places called themselves the "Roman Empire" after Rome fell because it gave them legitimacy. And most places adopted styles and customs as much as possible because it was seen as "civilized". The Holy Roman Empire existed until the 1870s when it became Germany.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The 1st Reich was traditional Rome. The 2nd Reich was the Holy Roman Empire. And the 3rd Reich was tragically snuffed out in its prime by some top tier level cyberbullying by the Allies to make Hitler commit suicide.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mozi posted:

we should teach more herstory, in my humble opinion!

My 8th grade teacher did this and even called it "herstory". It was always some hilarious poo poo like: This guy prosecuted a war against the strongest empire ever and this guy wrote a legal document that will be used as a basis for countless countries today. This lady brought soldiers water.

Most of you know who that lady who brought people water was off the top of your head. Because there was nobody else to bring up.

Human societies are primarily patriarchal so most important events involved just men. It doesn't mean women are unimportant its just a sad fact of history. You don't need to shoehorn in embarrassing poo poo like that.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Also every schoolchild knows George Washington Carver invented the peanut for some reason. But he hosed up and missed peanutbutter somehow.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
haha his name was Tard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

KomodoWagon posted:

Lol nope 'traditional Rome' was still around by the time the HRE was formed (Eastern Roman Empire, what we call the Byzantine Empire today) so 1st Reich was HRE, 2nd was the German Empire (the one w/ Kaiser Wilhelm) and 3rd was Nazis. I really am a tremendous prick.

You will regret contradicting me on the internet.

• Locked thread