Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
/me removes his loincloth revealing his sandblasted sunburned and battlescarred mollusk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

What is the deal with the server browser? It shows different servers every refresh without any filter being changed. I have yet to see it show Official Server #12 even when I have all the filters set for all and when I manually type it in (or don't). Is this happening to everyone or am I doing something stupid somehow?

Also, I have started characters on two different servers, both of which I favorited before I joined. When I try to search or browse by favorites nothing comes up. I don't want to have to keep starting characters over again because I never can find a server again.

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
the server browser in game is hosed. If you use steams server list that will work.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

the server browser in game is hosed. If you use steams server list that will work.

They just patched the IG server browser again, but the steam one is better because it queues you.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Is the netcode as bad as it looks?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DOWNLOADING NOW SO EXCITED YEAH

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Detroit is resurrected.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Holy balls, this is taking forever to load the world even in a SSD.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
There hasn't been a Detroit this fine being constructed since vanilla Rust. Pure organized madness.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Are there iron ore nodes? Where are they usually located? I've outgrown sandstone it seems.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Givin posted:

Are there iron ore nodes? Where are they usually located? I've outgrown sandstone it seems.

You have to head inland...top half of the map is littered with coal (dark rocks) and iron (silvery metallic rocks)

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Do we have a designated pooping street goon server to play on?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

SweetBro posted:

Do we have a designated pooping street goon server to play on?

The server that everyone is playing on right now is official #193. We were on official server #12, but then a group of us split off since #12 was always full. Then everyone moved over because they wanted to be with the new cool kids.

Inkel fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 1, 2017

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Jesus Christ I feel retarded, how do I break stairs, or ceilings, or ANYTHING I've built?

edit: Thank you

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 1, 2017

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Slim Killington posted:

Jesus Christ I feel retarded, how do I break stairs, or ceilings, or ANYTHING I've built?

Hold E to bring up a contextual menu and then click on Dismantle.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so far goonton is coming along pretty good

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Still laggy as gently caress though, 300 ping at the best of time, with it often shooting up to 1000-can't-move-ping

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

You can't shoot through windows which is stupid.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Right now this feel like every other survival game I've played but with some nice QoL features.

When and if they ever smooth out the lag issues, I'll probably play this a lot... until Zelda comes out.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Elendil004 posted:

You can't shoot through windows which is stupid.

Wasting this crafting point on windowed walls makes me more angry that it should.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
I found literally the best base location in the early game. Lol at the people claiming islands right at the starting zone.

I mined up like fifteen thousand rocks, built a goddamn base, then decided to level for a bit. Took advantage of server lag to kidder lots of crocodiles.

But, playing solo is awful. Can someone point me to a link explaining how to use steams server queue thing?

Nyfrin
Jul 8, 2006

Thursday Next posted:

I found literally the best base location in the early game. Lol at the people claiming islands right at the starting zone.

Well, share! Always good to know good spots.

Thursday Next posted:

But, playing solo is awful. Can someone point me to a link explaining how to use steams server queue thing?

Disclaimer - haven't tried this since I'm at work, but Reddit seems to think it works.

1. Go to your steam page
2. Click view at the top of the page
3. Select servers
4. Select Conan Exiles as the game
5. Sort by alphabet etc and find your server (i.e Official "O")
6. Click join, refresh until it find the player list and set auto-join if full
7. Let Conan Exiles load up to the menu on its own. It will join after about 10 Seconds.

Make sure Conan Exiles is closed before you do these steps.

Nyfrin fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 1, 2017

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I can't wait for the day that online play is like offline. It's almost a completely different game. Mobs use special attacks and the AI actually functions.

Also not everyone starts in the exact same spot like some people think. It's either instanced or there are multiple similar but different spots to start at off of the map.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I like how the animal mutant things will attack your base when you are in it. I thought some player was attacking me, was surprised it wasn't and was just the ai.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I found some good iron deposits in the west part of the map, northwest of the river by a green magic barrier that I am afraid to touch.

Aside from lolgoonisland are there any good base spots? With Avatars being a thing, is a distributed base a better idea?

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

Nyfrin posted:

Well, share! Always good to know good spots.

Disclaimer - haven't tried this since I'm at work, but Reddit seems to think it works.

1. Go to your steam page
2. Click view at the top of the page
3. Select servers
4. Select Conan Exiles as the game
5. Sort by alphabet etc and find your server (i.e Official "O")
6. Click join, refresh until it find the player list and set auto-join if full
7. Let Conan Exiles load up to the menu on its own. It will join after about 10 Seconds.

Make sure Conan Exiles is closed before you do these steps.

I'd also suggest adding the server you plan on using often to favorites within steam so you don't have to search every time you want to play again. Just right click your steam icon in the task bar, hit Servers and go to your favorites to see how many people are online and just join via that. Works way better and faster than the ingame server browser.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Are we going to be switching from 193 in the future seeing as how it's a blitz server with hardly anybody but goons on it? Maybe wait for the devs to raise the cap and then goonrush one of the normal official pvp servers?

Gamesguy fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 1, 2017

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
^ I'm guessing we're waiting for the server cap to be raised first.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Best spot I've found so far is the double oasis North of the city. There's iron and coal loving everywhere, humans to farm for thralls and of course plenty of plants and stone.
I haven't had this much fun with a clearly dogshit game in a long time. My friends and I have made the whole production chain that lets you get iron gear and it's pretty nuts--it at least doubles your yield on every resource node. Whats the fastest way to get xp apart from going into a spider cave and getting tons of corruption? We're still working on figuring out how pretty much everything works. Also haven't seen any giant monsters like in the trailer, although the NPCs nearby are clearly working on something.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

How do you ditch corruption?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Elendil004 posted:

How do you ditch corruption?

You have to talk to [enslave] a priest, and they will cleanse you.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Dancer thralls seem to be the only way.

Edit: ^ nvm

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like how Hunger and theist work in this game. You eat a giant steak and guzzle water and you're good for a long drat time compared to other survival games where it's like "oh you haven't eaten 3000 calories in half an hour guess you're starving!"

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I like how Hunger and theist work in this game. You eat a giant steak and guzzle water and you're good for a long drat time compared to other survival games where it's like "oh you haven't eaten 3000 calories in half an hour guess you're starving!"

Pray to Yog! Sanctified Meat fills both water and hunger! :v:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The current game plan is gently caress around until rubber banding is fixed/server caps are raised

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its a good time to level up a character and figure out what you are interested in crafting and stuff

thats what im doing anyway

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Also server 193 says it's in Europe lol like why would you ever choose it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont think its actually in Europe tho.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

How does xp work? I mean I know you get some for every action but killing stuff seems slow, even spiders and all the crazy stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Xp for kills only I think. So if you are in a group only one person will get the xp, which I think is a great decision.

Servers also have a ton of customization so check the server settings to see if it's set lower.

I got to level 5 in a couple hours just dicking around alone.

• Locked thread