Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Ceciltron posted:

There's something respectable about a girl with a healthy appetite and a good tolerance for liquor.

My friend, allow me to suggest to you Mongolia.

Yorkshire Pudding fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'd way rather be immature goat on a pedestal with sweet shades than any green one.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Haier posted:

China caught up to me and I realized how awful and backwards it is dealing with anything here. By that point I was utterly disgusted with China and the culture and never ever wanted to come here again.

Nice, you really learned a valuable lesson 10 years ago.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Usain Bolt ate nothing but McDonalds Chicken Nuggets for the entire duration of his stay in Beijing for the Olympics. He knows something we don't.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

That reminds me of the video where the dude is doing one of those in America, it looks like up on some foresty mountain. He's a grown as man but he wound up behind a family who's going kind of slow and he's freaking out and screaming. He finally ends up just going full speed and slamming into the back of some teenage, instantly knocking her out.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

*unconcious body hanging limply over side of cart*
"poo poo, she doesn't look so good"

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

That article is a pro read. I should start doing what Yau did with more things in my life.

"He had a good idea but I didn't really understand it. I decided to write it out a little more clearly, so I deserve the lion's share of the credit".

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I think we have well established China.jpg's 5000 pages of history, and our autonomy should not be interfered with by outside mods.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I thought Haier got probated for using the word "muzzies", not any Chinaman slang.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I don't know about China/HK/Worst Korea, but for women in Japan vulnerability and helplessness are seen as a desirable sexual trait.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

The baby voice thing in Korea is called aegyo and is the loving worst.

Sichuanhua is so unpleasant to begin with I haven't noticed if anybody here does it.

I swear convenience stores and any sort of sweets shop specifically hire girls with extremely high pitched voices. Every conbinni or "31" has at least once girl who shrieks IRASHAIMASE like an air raid siren.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

"Excuse me sir, you're doing something illegal"
*produces 2 Marlboro cigarettes*
"Carry on"

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I go to a very, very small gym in Japan. It's mostly used by older dudes staying in shape or whatever, so there's a lot of lol. There's a guy who comes in and just kind of staggers around, picking up any free weight he can find, and then does something with it. Maybe he'll do a few curls with a 5kg, then switch it out for a 12kg and lay down on his back and do kind of a one armed bench press thing. Then he'll go sit on a quad-extend machine and do a half-asses military press. He'll walk nice little circuits around the room while doing this and when he walks by me he'll throw me a cheeky wink.

I brought in some push-up bars, the kind that widen your stance to make your push ups use more of your back muscles, and last time I was in there he picked them up and just windmilled them in his arms for about 30 seconds before he got tired and sat down on the mat.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

If a Tibetan made this argument about any one of the many elements of Tibetan culture and religion China still bans, they would be instantly convicted of separatism and tortured to death before any of us could hear about it.

Please respect the sovereignty of China's affairs.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

hakimashou posted:

I remember reading something years ago about how one of China's aircraft carrier problems was that the US has literally generations of carrier pilots and have been able to do a really good job with training, but China has to start from scratch, or trying to learn from the Russians.

Yeah, that's one of the effects (and probably a reason) of America being at war basically nonstop for 70 years. We have generations of war-tested experience at the helm of every major detachment, all of whom were trained by people with decades of war-tested experience. I can't confirm this, but I remember reading somewhere that Japan actually has a really good navy too because they're one of the only countries who consistently does war-drills with the American fleets.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

As someone who also worked for a food shelter as a teen, what the gently caress it isn't normal to want to plunder it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I remember before I moved to Japan that I read some article that was fawning over the Perfectly Punctual Train System, and how if trains were even a minute late that the company would "Issue a sincere apology to the customers waiting". As soon as I got here I realized that meant that whenever a train was late an announcing came over the intercom and said "The train will be late, sorry for the inconvenience".

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Stringent posted:

Who has more punctual trains than Japan though?

Not arguing about punctuality, just stating that lots of people like to push the Mystical Orient narrative by implying that if a train is even a moment late the conductors will commit seppuku because of the unbearable shame it brings, as opposed to them just saying "Sorry, it's late" which is what happens everywhere else in the world also.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Let us English posted:

I get really tired of middle class white people who've barely left their lovely flyover state lecturing people about racism whenever someone with actual experience abroad shares their POV.

"touts will pick up women and carry them into clubs! It happened to my Friend!"

"that's kind of racist."

"shut up you don't know about my experiences! I've been here for years!"

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Yes, but I'm not the author.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Sorry guys, got my Chinar-wires crossed with who told what story. Much Face has been lost by me.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Oh? Well, since you've decided to keep this going, do please tell me why you think I would make up that story. I'm absolutely fascinated.

Well I can't say for sure, but I know some people who display histrionic behavior because the attention makes them feel valued. Like asking internet strangers if they should report a teacher they had in highschool for sexual harassment because a friend made an offhand remark about being sent a vague email 15 years ago. But I am not a psychologist so I cannot comment.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

There's a Chinese stay at home dad in my apartment community and he never puts pants or a diaper on his 11 month old. So the kid just struts around with his dick in the wind peeing everywhere and then when he does China-dad calls over one of the maintenance women to clean it up. They don't look particularly happy about it. I've seen plenty of naked Thai children (loving phrasing) but they're always hanging out in rural areas and not in the city proper or suburban communities, so this guy comes across as really trashy.

They did this in Mongolia since diapers are expensive and difficult to find, but what made it hilarious was that mothers had a "poo song". From the time they are born mothers sing some song and try to get their kids to poop so it conditions them to poo to this one song. Then whenever the mom thinks they need to drop a deuce they sing the song and just hold the kids over a bucket.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

There's a "Puzzle Museum" in Ulaan Baatar. It mostly just contains lots of little hand-sized puzzles you can try and solve, but also has some history stuff. At one point our tour guide just nonchalantly says "And as you know, the first puzzles came from Mongolia". One of my friends was like "Woah, wait a second, what did you say? How can you possibly know that? What does that even mean?". The lady looked at him and said matter-of-factly "The ger is a puzzle". And then moved on as if that settled it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So plunge 4 girls from each county, badda bing badda boom no hep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

How does China feel about the fact that there's still a Peace Corps presence there? Does the World's Largest Economy not think it's strange that after 5,000 years of civilization they're still asking unskilled 22 year olds from the Unnamed Country to come help them plant carrots and speak English?

• Locked thread