Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I'd like to have a new suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

The Great Autismo! posted:

also post the suit or it is a direct attack on my identity

I'm gonna directly attack your identity politics.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I still think a cummerbund is involved.

2-part cummerbund.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

The Great Autismo! posted:

deceitful penguin is a he?

Yes, lol.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

hakimashou posted:

Of all the things I miss about HK the thing I miss most is Des Voeux Rd

Everyone thinks I'm crazy but I looove the smell of those shops

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Nice thing about China: sudden nice food smells out of nowhere.

Bad thing about china: apartments aren't generally plumbed with p-traps, meaning Bad Smells when not Good Food Smells.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

It took 2 years for them to notice thier dog was actually a bear

City folk always make me laugh.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
That's right! They dishonour the heroes and martyrs of the century of humiliation!

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Let's be fair, it might be India.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

fish and chips and dip posted:

I doubt they'd refer to India as being east Asia though.

Asia does start in the mideast though, You never know!

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Booty Pageant posted:

real talk

this yanny laurel poo poo isn't anything new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

we still haven't figured out whether this man is saying bad rear end or pissssssssss
and it's almost been 10 years

china #1
:piaa:

only loving morons hear bad rear end. It's piss.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I do agree that it’s piss. I’ve never actually met a person who thinks it’s badass

You are confusing as hell.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

...does not exist in China.

They still sell Snow Beer, sorry.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

WarpedNaba posted:

You think he deliberately tries to look like a mass murderer?

There are mao look-alikes you can hire for events.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Everyone uses Russian tech.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Bajaj posted:

My latest China story:

I am going for a short time, one month, maybe two, just to hang out with my friends before going back to the USA to see family. I haven't arrived yet. Chaoshan Girl has been super patient and helpful in trying to find me a sublet or short-term rental. There's a new scheme taking over cities, according the news article I read, where "young and hip" studios catering to single people or post-college kids can rent. Companies like Mofang and others are remodeling buildings to fit in like 400 studios and fill them with every bit of furniture and appliance needed to live alone, including having internet and TV included in the price. They have gyms, cafes, and all this other superfluous stuff added which is part of their system: Advertise at one price, but then every renter must pay "building fees (like HOA stuff)" as well some companies charge their own electric and water rates on top of the building fees and scoop out their share from that as well. They might advertise like 3000 RMB for the studio, but fees and their bills take it well over 4000 per month. Then you see the rooms at the 3000 price and they might not even have windows or something, and if you want windows, then the base price goes up to 4500 or something. On top of this, they often seem to demand the contract's worth of fees at once, like all those scam gyms tend to do.
It's a ton of money for a studio, and when CG went to look at these places there was a lot of availability. It's easy to see why when across the street in a building made in the 1990s you can get a fully furnished place without any fees or weird bills for under 3000.

CG was talking to a real estate guy outside and he showed her one with a three-month lease and it had everything included and the price was really good for the area, about 1000 less than I expected to pay. CG went, sent me photos, I said to get it, and then she started signing the documents and giving the real estate guy the scans of my passport and all this stuff. The landlady is really lazy and made them both wait two hours so she could add her signature, even though she lives right down the road.

She walks in and picks up the contract and talks to CG for a moment. She looks at the name on the lease and can't read it.

Her: "Foreigner?"
CG: "Yes, my friend. He is really good, very clean, cooks at home, works on his computer."
*Shows her photos of how I transformed my last Chinese dump into a cozy place*
Her: "I rented to a foreigner once. A Chinese from Malaysia. He was messy. I can't trust foreigners again."
*Literally just walks out of the house without saying another word*

The real estate agent tried to contact her and she replied that was shopping with friends and didn't have time to talk.

For not having to think about these kind of "issues" for the past nine or so months, xie xie for reminding me how you are, Mainland China.

my wife had one of these "modern youth apartment" deathtraps that had no windows and humidity issues. She left after barely a month. The place was awful. Her new place is nicer but none of the plumbing has p traps so SEWER GAS SMELLS ahoy

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Coolguye posted:

the way people go limp after any sort of impact in SEA will never stop fascinating me

In all fairness, going limp is solid maneuvre.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
The Hukou system is literal serfdom

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Anyone got that news story bout the couple that literally did not know kids came from sex?

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
If anyone wants to take some of the awful big black squirrels that are an invasive species in this region off our hands they are more than welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Or don't encourage the sex trade and the exploitation of humans.

• Locked thread