Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

It's heartwarming that the old thread was closed, now everything harmonious as it should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKx1aenJK08

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Honest question, can you identify the offended race?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

fish and chips and dip posted:

China is looking more and more like a parody of 1950's America when it comes to sexuality.

Strange to think that it's only been 3 years since BDSM has stopped officially being a mental illness in America.

nong posted:

Medicine with Chinese characteristics

:allbuttons:

Reminds me of when my friend was stuck in the hospital here while were getting her moved to Singapore. Two of her meds don't exist outside of China as far as an Australian Doctor and I could find. The doctors here didn't seem to see a problem with a reliable spiking fever about an hour after pill time. So happy that's over.

quote:

CHINESE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE IS BETTER.

These weren't TCM, these were western medicine with Chinese Characteristics.

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 2, 2016

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

tl;dr : My chinese host brother has a spy club and he reports on everything I do.

Are we talking late teens, or little kid?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

This is one of those problems where the correct solution is to just let the universe do it's thing. Stop traffic if you're an overachiever.

Never do that.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Don't treat the dog-whistle like it's human, it'll get bad ideas. It's amazing enough that it figured out how to repeat what it heard on the 24 hour news for the better part of a year, lets just give it kudos for that.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'm not sure how seriously the guy who says "you're not doing China right unless you're insanely bitter about it" is arguing TBH.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Curious as to why our resident Australien pulled out his wicked Spanish skills.

V- Not surprising you'd sympathize with the criminals.

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Oct 21, 2016

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

The Australians obviously.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

:salt:

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'm pretty sure the Scots have us beat in the fried food department.

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 22, 2016

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'd have to start by arguing that it's more nationalistic than anything, but I doubt the internet defense league is interested in an honest debate.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'm aware, and that's why I just shitpost. There was that one serious post in the last thread that I'm not happy with, but that's what you get for letting me drink and post.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

As a China expert I think it's fair to say this is the dumbest internet slapfight I've seen in a China thread so far.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

JaucheCharly posted:

Yea, but why go to france?

L'Afrique n'existe pas.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

That's good, I took it as you implying Koreans couldn't play golf.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

As a compromise, could we launch 5000 hipsters out of a cannon to make room for our Chinese overlords?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLFQlrV8Dms

America is the strong man on the roof, China is the helpless baby, and ThePwner is the mommy.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Just big boned I'm sure.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

He does look scammable.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

devil posted:

Chinese people have been aorund for 10s of thousands of years

If this is using the measurement I think it is it makes the US somewhere around 5000 years old.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Outrail posted:

40,000 years of Australian culture.

~150,000 years of African culture.

~3.5b+ years of Earth culture

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Today is the worst pollution I've ever personally seen in Chengdu and it's only December. :frogsiren::regd08::frogsiren:

I had to ask my friend if my eyes were hosed up, it was like Chengdu had a yellow filter over it.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I can see across the street while looking out the window, the USD conversion has been fixed, and some guy in the colonies talked to some Chinese people. I think we can say China's at least #4 now.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Well poo poo, it's more like 70% like 30% dislike for me, I'm not sure where I stand anymore.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

THE PWNER posted:

This but unironically. Getting owned hard in a war doesn't mean you get to gently caress off and make your own country.

It seems to have happened at least one time.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

THE PWNER posted:

That is a bourgeois lie. There is no Taiwan, Only China.

Says Taiwan right here on these missile crates.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Modest Mao posted:

why should I care about influence on bumfuck nowhere spread out over several continetns when I have 1/5 of human life under complete dictatorial control in the place human life is thriving the most

Food for one.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Rutibex posted:

the UK Argentina is like this about the falkland islands

Fixed, considering the Falkland Islands voted to remain in the UK.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Haier posted:

"Hey, how was your Saturday?"
"Same poo poo, different day."
"SSDD? I hear you..."

Making me happy that I live a boring life one post at a time.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Haier posted:

https://www.imdada.cn/
It's a delivery service, but somehow the e-bikers are on another level of bad and reckless driving. I don't know if they have a short time limit and can lose their commission, but they are always in a huge rush and give no fucks about being as obnoxious as possible. There are tons of them in my area and I've seen them shoot through crowds of people and hit some with their baskets and not even stop. I've been cut-off or nearly hit by them too many times that whenever I see a guy in blue coming my way I know it's not going to be a good encounter.

If it works like the other services they get work based on their reviews. Better reviews get more work.

quote:

After being in Thailand, I am also partial to Pepsi and milk.

You monster.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Blistex posted:

My god-daughters are both adopted from China and are living in rural Northern Ontario (not that there are many Urban options here). I often worry about the hicks that they will run into as they grow up, and hope that they don't have to deal with much racism. I think that guys get it more than girls when it comes to overt racism, but the girls that they will be going to school with are merciless (I'm a teacher so I have some insight into this) and they like to exploit any perceived weakness they can find. My wife and I recently found out that we are going to be having a little "hybrid" of our own ("oh! mixed baby, so cute") and I really hope it turns out to be a girl, as there is this perception (not sure how true it is) that mixed Asian boys seem to have a bad track record with fitting in.

Have you seen this wonderful section of Reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/hapas

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

oohhboy posted:

The gently caress is that even?!?!

Self hating half white half asian (men almost exclusively).

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Probably, but I don't remember seeing it.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Invisible Handjob posted:

Do any of you guys drive in China? It must be terrifying. I was scared enough just crossing the road.

I've driven scooters and motorcycles here, I've felt safe doing it exactly 0 times. There are a handful of intersections I refuse to take as well.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I suggest that your girlfriend is culturally insensitive rather than racist, which may change how you approach the conversation.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I was submitting my weekly report today when I noticed that I have so far made around $1k saving my HK superior $200, with more to come. I'm not going to mention it to anyone. This is my China story.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Was the Russian an aspiring DJ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Haha how did this get here.

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 27, 2017

• Locked thread