Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I still had like 900 posts to read in that thread, lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

China thread would be great if "no why" and "bad for healthy" got ppl probated

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'm sure this has been posted here before but I was reading old longform articles and I ran across one about Chinese business culture

quote:

As Zheng details in her book, getting overly sentimental or romantic toward women is seen as a sign of weakness and lack of masculinity. If a businessman is unfortunate enough to love his wife or girlfriend, using it as an excuse to avoid sex is a massive faux pas. I’ve seen some instead plead tiredness or drunkenness, a more acceptable excuse, or use everyone’s 2 am exhaustion as a chance to slip away. Yet it’s not unknown, according to sex workers, for men who have retired with the girls for the night to pay for “special services” the next morning that they never received, instead spending the night watching television or sleeping chastely.

Perhaps that’s why some bosses demand a more public performance. The ultimate are what participants describe as frequent forays into group sex, often with more male than female participants. Sharing women appears to bring men closer to each other, in a perversely familial fashion. As one northeastern saying goes, “Once two men share a woman, they’re brothers.” And when it comes to building up mutual trust, the photos often taken during these miniature orgies provide a rich source of mutual blackmail material that can prove explosive if exposed, as in the 2007 photos of one group of pasty officials leaked online in 2012.

http://www.chinafile.com/reporting-opinion/postcard/bro-code

evidently getting so drunk you puke and then watching your flabby middle aged boss rail a wan, dead-eyed KTV girl is critical for conducting any kind of transaction. i mean I knew about the whole boys culture associated with Chinese business but lmao at the descriptions this person does

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'm in the room next to my professor and he's on speaker phone coordinating international students from Chengdu university, and he's talking about making sure they have special access to kitchens because everyone knows they won't eat American food. lmao

• Locked thread