Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

syscall girl posted:

I just love the fact that China sent NK an entire trainload of rice probably during a famine. They kept the train, and also the engineers.

It's wrong but I laughed anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The most disappointing thing about most graffiti is the absolute lack of care or effort or forethought. If you are going to do something like that at least make me laugh.

You missed the bests part.

quote:

Tang joined the said group last year believing it was a “cultural” organization but resigned as its vice-chair earlier this year after apparently concluding the group was “too sensitive.”

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The NZ National party (Our right wing) is setting itself on fire while juggling wet dynamite right now with sex, lies, electoral fraud, Chinese spies(Looks legit) and hilarious racism as seen below.

It's a satire article but the bold actually happened.

http://www.thecivilian.co.nz/how-many-maureen-pughs-is-one-chinese-worth/

quote:

Yesterday former National MP Jami-Lee Ross released an explosive recording in which opposition leader Simon Bridges described one of his MPs, Maureen Pugh, as “loving useless.”

Bridges and Ross also discussed how two Chinese MPs were apparently worth more than two Indian MPs,
and so we thought it was only appropriate to consult an expert on how many Maureen Pughs one Chinese MP would be worth, and other, similar questions relating to the value of members in a National caucus.

Spokesperson for the TAB, Kate Gourdie, was happy to offer us some rough values.

“I suppose the one problem we have, to begin with, is that Bridges and Ross don’t specifically discuss exactly how much one Indian is worth in relation to one Chinese, only that one Indian is worth less,” said Gourdie.

“What we can gather, though, is that one Maureen Pugh is worth substantially less than either, and not very much at all, really.

“Working backwards from there, if we’re to assume that one Indian is worth slightly more than half of one Chinese – given that neither Ross or Bridges used the terminology ‘less than half’, which we might expect in such a case – then we can estimate that five Maureen Pughs are worth about one Chinese MP, and three Maureen Pughs are worth about one Indian MP.”

The TAB was also happy to offer the following valuations:

One John Key is worth three Bill English.

One Bill English is worth six Simon Bridges.

David Carter is more of a collector’s item and the value is highly dependent on the buyer.

One Jami-Lee Ross is worth nothing.

One Nick Smith is worth a $3 bet for or against the All Blacks.

Steven Joyce is worth 11.7 billion unredeemable credits.

Sauce:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/tarana/107939737/two-chinese-more-valuable-than-two-indians-im-satisfied-with-explanation-says-bakshi

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The complaints of that picture's nothing burger racism is so drat overblown that the complaints worse than the picture.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The original that blew it up, the Williams one. It's worth an eye roll at worse.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know who or what, either way it wasn't remotely worth any coverage.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Hey, do us a favour would you? gently caress right off with that bullshit, racist apologism.

Thanks.

Mark Knight has made a career out of being an openly racist piece of poo poo while working for a openly racist newspaper empire run by Murdoch.

You don't get to come in after years of his bullshit and think seeing one loving cartoon makes you the loving expert.

I had no idea it was years of BS from the guy. I roll my eyes because people complain is and that over magnified all the drat time it just becomes noise.

He is a poo poo head and I was never going to die on some hill for him or anyone else. I was stating my apathy over complaints in general.

You're a bit of a dick about it but thanks for the much needed context.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrainDance posted:

Hi are some people using "nothing burger" ironically cuz I've seen that a couple times in China threads but only as a joke and by very old people on facebook otherwise.

Are you making a nothing burger out of a nothing burger or just plain nothing? Or are we talking about something else like a molehill?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A rising one perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blistex posted:

:lol: If anyone actually cares about their flag or anthem being disrespected.

Also the flag is up against boobs, a vagina, and a butt. Most respect!

Flag butthurt is Chinese you see? You don't understand China and 5000 years.

That is some solid Taiwan #1.

:vince:

• Locked thread