Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
ground floor

Son of Rodney posted:

was the last thread closed because of the m word

because I still don't really get why that was a big deal

it was because of falun bong refugee, like all problems in china

Tweezer Reprise fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

q != e

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

https://www.quora.com/My-friend-sai...ocess?srid=C5Sv

Wumao Rocess posted:

What’s more, China will soon have the world’s largest economy and is to some extent using that to influence what we see online, on television, and in the movie theaters - just read about their growing influence in Hollywood. No major studio will produce a film today that would put China in an unfavorable light.

And for the life of me, I can’t blame the Chinese. Personally, I do believe that as the decades go by, they will assume world leadership, and while they will make some grand-scale blunders, I’d much rather see them in charge than the Russians (which, these days, includes the current resident of the White House).

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

2020 AH maybe

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

In the late 1880s, the German company Krupp was contracted by the Chinese government to build a series of fortifications around Port Arthur. Reportedly, this was after local contractors had "made an extensive bungle of the job."[4]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

you guys remember that quora is good right because quora is extremely good

Wumao hiding out in Argentina posted:

In my youth, About 20 years ago, Westerners said Mao killed 3 million people.

When I left China, About 10 years ago, Westerners said Mao killed 30 million people.

Now this funny guy said Mao killed 40 million people.

Continue searching, Some people said Mao killed 70 million, 80 million, and 100 million people.

I guess another decade, They would say that Mao killed 1000 million people.

Although the Mao era only 400 million Chinese people, But these Western liars do not care about this.

Mao made China have nuclear weapons and intercontinental missiles.Under his rule, China's population doubled, Life expectancy doubled, The literacy rate has increased from 20 per cent to 80 per cent, This is enough to make him one of the most outstanding leaders in history, Even if he has some wrong policies and personality defects.

• Locked thread