Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Banana Man posted:

Who would win between India and China in a war for dwindling water supplies

The American people win! I think Blue Collar Factory Workers and White Collar Tech Bro's all would agree that this helps their job prospects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The Great Autismo! posted:

this is probably :nms: because i have to assume that a few of these people didn't make it

im the dude at 2:06 who watches his friend get blasted and then kinda shrugs and crosses the road slowly

China just is used to the consequences of blind leaps forward.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I wish America would come up with an epic like the three kingdoms. Imagine if we retold the revolutionary war but Washington used his powerful magic to lull the Hessians to sleep then leapt off his boat on the Delaware and slew a hundred men before they woke. Man I'd ancestor worship the gently caress out of that guy. The Marquis de Lafayette could single handedly delay the march of Cornwallis's soldiers before the siege of Yorktown

I think the American Civil War fits this better for a Three Kingdoms type story.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Grand Fromage posted:

What is "English soccer"

Ages of false superiority combined with crippling insecurity and failure on the world stage.

Honestly that sounds like it fits China pretty well.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Pirate Radar posted:

This sounds like a loving cyberpunk novel

The modern world is cyberpunk

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

~ Chinese Tourists ~

The other day I went to visit my friend at the University of Washington... they literally drop off tour busses of Chinese tourists on this promenade which runs from the main campus to the light rail station and they walked around this area for like twenty minutes gawking and taking pictures / selfies of a flock of geese and random squirrels, after twenty minutes they all poured back into the busses and were off. They also were gawking at another friend who was visiting from Portland and is a 6'4 ish white dude and a couple of people took selfies with him.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

ded posted:

PI has been a protectorate in one form or another of the US for a very long time.

Since 1898,

I wonder how long it will take Duarte to declare martial law and become the dictator successor to Ferdinand Marcos the second most successfull Cold War Banana Republic Dictator!

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 21, 2016

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Jeoh posted:

Tomato? Check
Weird mayo-based sauce? Check
Mostly cucumber? Hell yeah

Take this poo poo to the Midwest Thread where it belongs. also the "sauce" looks like someone mixed Tartar Sauce with Ranch.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Invisible Handjob posted:

Jesus man. I know. It's so hosed up to see people who are otherwise really smart you care about just... I don't even know. I guess fall victim to an ignorant as poo poo part of the culture, like you said. It's actually really torturous, and there's nothing you can say to change it. I think it's for the best you don't have to see what your friend is about to go through. Despite the fact you're a giant man whore I think you have a big heart and the upcoming few months would probably tear you apart.

As to the second part, before I met Chinese people I always thought Americans were the pickiest eaters in the world. Not anymore

Chinese people sound like the stereotypes in the ITT: We're Americans

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Fauxtool posted:

sounds like the armenians I went to school with. Same with gypsies. Someone's cousin always had "x" and no you cant see it.

This was the Ukrainians for me in the PNW, except cars they all seemed to drive different terrible cars every day.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

http://en.people.cn/n3/2017/0606/c90000-9224960.html

Don't mind me just throwing some donkey's to the Tigers for lulz.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

that arm stuck out trying to hold up the car

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

hakimashou posted:

You left out something important: everyone has cameras and people video everything and post it on the internet.

Now do you see?

Just teach the people filming to shout WORLD STAR!!! and its pretty much the ghetto.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Power Khan posted:

Lmao, a real quality paper.

"Italy" in 1AD, "Turkey" around 1000, and wtf is with the rest? That's just random names and graphs.

RIP Roman Empire you never existed apparently.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Bajaj posted:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=291593771349268&id=235963843578928
There's also photos, but I am lazy now.

C1: "I have an idea."
C2: "What?"
C1: "You know how dama is legal in Washington?"
C2: "Where???"
C1: "Seattle state."
C2: "Oh, yeah?"
C1: "Lets grow dama and sell it and make tons of money. People are getting super rich."
C2: "But that's a lot of paperwork."
C1: "You're right. Let's just do it anyway and keep the profit."
C2: "Good idea!! It is legal, nobody will care."

The thing that amuses me is the Chinese went out to loving Gray's Harbor County to setup these grow-ops. The area is like ~90%~ rain redneck with most the rest being native Americans, so a bunch of Chinese going around setting up grow ops sounds hilariously unsubtle and no wonder they got caught.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Outrail posted:

Would the average non-Asian recognize the king of Thailand or whatever? Doubtful.

I mean its hard to ignore those sexy crop tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

On the bright side... at least they aren't hunting endangered animals for boner pills?

• Locked thread