Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Go to Fernando’s restaurant on Hac Sa Praia it’s charming and really good food!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

Re: Macau, go down to Hac Sa beach in the south. Super chill, a couple nice restaurants, and there's a nice walk along the S side of the island.

Yup, go to Fernando’s!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Gluten-free is only a thing because of the massive corn industry.

Its a godsend for people with that disease though I bet.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I left my wallet in a taxi once in like 2009? and got it back the next day from the taxi company office with all the money and poo poo still in it, after getting a friend to call the taxi company right away and say where I'd been picked up and dropped off and when.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

loving this 100000000 million times

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Serephina posted:

It took me a few moments to parse this, and I think you meant Imperial v Metric? Since 'standard', in every interpretation of the word from literal, to figurative, to common parlance (Google), is synonymous with metric. Imperial, created by the British and named after the nature of their empire with colonies, is only in use in a single former colony. This brings me great schadenfreude, which isn't the point of this thread, but I will point out that a yank calling Imperial 'standard' rings a bit like Chinese people calling everyone else 'foreigners'.

It’s called "standard" though because it is the standard system of measurements, as opposed to the alternative metric system.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

feedmegin posted:

Wrongly, even. The US doesn't actually use the Imperial system, which was developed after US independence (check out the US vs UK definitions of a pint for example).

Yeah we use the 'standard' or 'proper' system of measurements in the US.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Cousin wife is pretty i looked it up.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Models with interesting faces who knew????

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Page 886 is pretty fuckin lucky but it aint gonna have nothing on page 888.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Money worship is why filmmakers put lovely pandering to china in their movies in the first place though.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
888!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
maybe posting on this page is very lucky

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
My aunt was a bank executive in the bay area and i remember when I was a kid she would tell us they had to reserve big blocks of 100 dollar bills with consecutive 8s in the serial numbers for their Chinese clientele and that if they didn't they'd bank at a different bank.

I didn't think much of it at the time but many years later i realized it was absolutely true.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
When people ask me what the best thing to see in HK is I tell them take the star ferry back and forth across the harbor a couple times. cost like 2 hkd or some poo poo.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If you had like a jet wok burner and a big ventilation thing it might make sense I guess.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Does thailand even have more sex work per capita than China?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
898 is a pretty lucky page in THEORY

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It is a birthday fish!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Grand Fromage posted:

They are. The problem with laser weaponry nowadays isn't the laser, it's the power source. How much it can hold, how fast it can discharge. The new US carriers will eventually mount lasers, which is feasible because they have an entire extra nuclear reactor for powering them. Portable blinding laser weapons are doable since the energy required to blind someone is a hell of a lot lower than for a sci-fi pew pew laser thing.

A thousand shots out of a laser rifle in 2018 is something your friend's uncle who works at Nintendo talks about.

But what about in 2020?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
That idiot should know that if people get her nails they can put a curse on her

50000 years of ignorance

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Baronjutter posted:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...z-idUSKCN1L90UE
"A Vietnamese website, which only works when users correctly answer a quiz about disputed islands in the South China Sea, has infuriated scores of television fans in China desperate to catch the latest episode of a popular Chinese period drama."

“This is nonsense!,” said one Chinese drama fan, commenting on the Weibo microblogging platform. “Who gave Vietnam the courage to challenge China’s territorial sovereignty?”
“While stealing Chinese TV dramas, Vietnam has also stolen Chinese territory,” said another viewer.

Amazing. More websites should do this.

holy poo poo hell yeah

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

etalian posted:

lol that's a brilliant screening process

the whole internet should work like that imo

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
taiwan #1 is the low hanging fruit, if it lets you type in chinese then you can really go hog wild about tiananmen and democracy and falun dafa and down with the communist party of china

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

The White Dragon posted:

Tank Man wasn't a protestor, he just wanted to know what interesting thing was happening

^^^

Also he was earnestly trying to walk around the tank and the tank was trying to get around him but it became a face issue.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

peanut posted:

TAIWAN #1

it is a country IMO

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Australia is a hard core racist place kind of like china

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Grape posted:

As like a story idea, an Anglophone country becoming a Chinese vassal state is fascinating.

I'm glad nothing of real life value will be lost with the experiment being carried out on Australia.

thats what "The Man In The High Castle" is about but with japan instead of China

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Kharnifex posted:

Just keep that sweet n sour pork and honey chicken flowing and we'll keep doing uncle Xi's bidding mate

I made real dongbei sweet and sour pork the other day it turned out real good!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Blistex posted:

Also I didn't know what Serena Williams has to do with Taiwan. . . did her tantrum have Chinese characteristics?

It all comes back to australia being racist. I think that people were trying to determine if australia was as racist as China. It turns out it is.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
We should give taiwan some nuclear weapons IMO.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Barudak posted:

Giving everyone guns works great for solving US crime so why arent we giving everyone nukes?

Not everyone just Taiwan so they can deter chinese communist imperialism against them.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
post it post the suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

caberham posted:

Mmmmm okay.

Try putting wearing clothes like that and go to a soldier’s funeral / citizenship ceremony / putting it on social media.

But don’t stop posting.

Taiwan is still awesome

thank you for sharing your thoughts about clothes and stuff caberham

• Locked thread