Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Haier posted:

A maladjusted ABC angrily posting in a China thread :monocle:

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I'm not Asian you moron. I'm certainly not Chinese. I mean maybe in my genetic history. My forefathers got around.

Loll mega self-own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Invisible Handjob posted:

japan tried to import them en masse a while back to solve their labor shortage, figuring if the japanese could accept any immigrants it would be ethnic japanese

only took a couple years before there were massive calls for their deportation, they were actually paid by the government to leave and agree to never come back

Bringing in any group to try and kill wages on the labor market is going to piss people off even without any cultural differences, let alone with them

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Haier posted:

I went to the bakery I usually go to get some donuts. They didn't have any, but had some cream puffs that usually own really hard. The cream they make is amazing and I will immediately buy anything they put out with that cream as an ingredient.
I bough the puffs and came home, opened the bag, took a bite, spit out my bite, gagged. loving durian cream. I bit the others in the bag to see if I had a regular one, but they were all durian. I had to open my doors and light incense to get that disgusting smell out. I will be tasting it for the 12 hours at least. God drat it. Night ruined.

LOL

Look at the 1%er. To be good or turn pro in skateboarding (or any of these other sports like inline, BMX, etc.) requires a full-time effort that many young people in the West can attempt (basically dropping out of high school, or not going to college because it's too much time). Most of my friends across the sports, or pros we know of, all completed high school and went no further when they wanted to dedicate themselves to it. No way it's possible in China unless he's a tuhao and his family gave him everything he has and were ok with their son never working. I really doubt a Chinese pro skater that's probably never been heard of outside China was able to afford that nice car he had or the house he lives in on the salary he gets. He said he doesn't have a normal job, and hopes he will never have to get one. His surfing lifestyle was silly, and it's part of his "look at me" tuhao bullshit, showing off how cool he is.

The average Chinese person will never, ever be able to live such a carefree life of goofing off, and I feel there's no way in hell his skateboarding pays for him to live that way. Regular professional in these sports that want to get money will compete as much as possible, because the prize money from competitions will supplement their income or help them save away for when their body is broken and they can't do it anymore.

The average Chinese young person that gets into skateboarding does not have money to keep up with it unless their family gives them an allowance, and they usually quit once life/school gets real. Shoes and boards add up, even when buying Chinese local brands. To buy foreign brands like Vans, Nike, etc., will cost way too much money. Many of the popular American deck brands press their boards in the USA, so people here buy Walmart-quality decks instead and play with them at open people's squares for a while until bored or they get hurt that first time.

Anyway...

That part about his X-Games experience made me laugh for how much Face garbage was in it. I liked how he said he was a professional, but then later whines how if people have to actually compete to see who is pro, then what is the point? Pure Face, where he says he is X but can't do Y to become X, so it's all a big conspiracy against him.

He got rejected from the X-Games because they, like most competitions, have a system where you have to (OMG) qualify in local/other competitions to prove you are good enough to compete, and he didn't do that. There are plenty of pros and good people who legitimately lose skills as they get older or busted up, and qualifying rounds are the standard in every competition and contest in nearly every sport since forever.
Then he complains how the foreigners can sign up so easily, most likely not realizing that they either qualified back home or other countries, in previous competitions, or by having their big sponsors vouch for them or something. Some rando from Shenzhen is angry while pretending to not understand the basics about it. The way people become pro in skateboarding and other sports is "Compete as a nothing. Win. Compete as an amateur. Win. Go on to compete against more amateurs, where the top two or three become professional. Win that. Turn professional. Sponsor backs you before or after this. Get a couple moneys." TO say he's pro and then pretend he doesn't understand the system is too much Face to handle.
The X-Games are poo poo, but the X-Games have been in Asia since the mid-90s, and this dude is purely using Face as a way to admit he's fallen off the skills train. "It's so corrupt!" LOL

My money is that of course he knew he would be barred from competing without qualifying himself (everybody knows this, that's how people turn pro), but he went and used those strict unsportsman-like rules, along with blaming the foreigners, as his way of "quitting" from having to compete in serious competitions that draw people from all over the world, therefore not losing Face in the future when he gets whooped.
The Asian X-Games are super popular and draw people from all over Asia and the rest of the world to compete. There's no way that dude could handle himself against the rest of the world. He's being a huge baby, and purely Chinese Face-Haver at that.

Maybe he's an OK guy, but whining about his team mates and being so lonely for being so old (he looks 24, LOL) is lame as hell, and that X-Games rant was retarded.
Also, it was definitely an old video, even though I can't find the date. The police don't kick you out of Civic Center anymore, and there are hundreds of local and foreign skateboarders, inliners, and bikers in SZ, and there's no way this guy can complain he's all alone. If he's talking about not finding anyone on his skill level, that's also probably a lie, too.

Maybe you can say face a few more times

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

angel opportunity posted:

haier can I point out that some of your health stuff is almost as bad as TCM? maybe you have crohn's disease or IBS?

"I ate soy on an empty stomach, so it logically follows that I poo poo diarrhea so hard that it covered my shins and pants and I had to take a shower instead of wiping," that is like TCM-level "因为。。。所以“ fallacy

I thought the whole appeal of his stories is that he's an idiot who thinks he's smarter than other idiots

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

tote up a bags posted:

Welcome to PUBG! As the plane flies to your destination, please feel free to enjoy our in-flight entertainment: A very detailed breakdown of Japan's ownership of the Diaoyu Islands! Good luck!!

Isn't PUBG made by a Korean company?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sounds like the American military's commander in chief is unafraid of China

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Grape posted:

actually I LOVE having to mudfight for the amusement of convict-wasps with other exotic-whites in the thunder dome THANK YOU very MUCH

Lol you whites have no idea how good you have it

• Locked thread