Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

gently caress the mods posted:

how do you tell the difference?

The malnutrition. :smith:

They actually have their own accent/dialect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Germstore posted:

Because of rampant plastic surgery the south looks like a cloning experiment gone wrong.

Miss South Korea contestants.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
North Koreans don't use sarcasm anymore (it is banned)

quote:

North Korea has forbidden people from making sarcastic comments about Kim Jong-un or his totalitarian regime in their everyday conversations.

Even indirect criticism of the authoritarian government has been banned, Asian media reported.

Residents were warned against criticising the state in a series of mass meetings held by functionaries across the country.

Officials told people that sarcastic expressions such as “This is all America’s fault” would constitute unacceptable criticism of the regime.

“This habit of the central authorities of blaming the wrong country when a problem’s cause obviously lies elsewhere has led citizens to mock the party,” an anonymous source said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-bans-sarcasm-kim-jong-un-freedom-speech-a7231461.html

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
It's a shame we invaded Iraqistan instead of North Korea. We could have cut our teeth on this nation building business with success and turned our BFF Korea into an economy bigger than Japan's.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

jBrereton posted:

Seeing as North Korea has actual anti-air defences it was woefully overqualified to be a Coalition of the Willing stomping ground.

The real challenge is the artillery overlooking northern Seoul. When the Norks talk about, "drowning Seoul in a sea of fire," they're not really exaggerating.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

TheIllestVillain posted:

25 million malnourished unskilled peasants

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Was it grover who was saying that the vast majority of that artillery is woefully maintained and held together with glue and string and will never function as intended? Or was he just describing his house?

I vaguely recall him linking to a persuasive analysis but I can't find it. It seems a distinct possibility.

Edit: Although even a worst case scenario doesn't entail the destruction of Seoul. Iirc, their artillery can reach the northern metro area. The 'Sea of Fire' business doesn't really cover Seoul at all, which has shelters for tens of millions.

But the x-factor here are nukes and rockets. Or nuclear artillery. But North Korea's putative nukes are still smaller than Fat Man and Little Boy so it's still ambiguous whether they have nukes or not. Maybe they've just been detonating multi-ton piles of TNT underground as a bluff

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 18, 2016

• Locked thread