Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Pukka Sauce, bishes:

Good heat and lots of delicious flavor, unlike so many of those clowntown novelty sauces that just care about the first part.

Never could understand the continued love for Tabasco; it's literally Babby's First Hot Sauce and is good on Cajun food, eggs and some soups but that's about it. Plus they keep coming out with bullshit new flavors that crowd other, worthier sauces off the shelves.

People who hate on Sriracha just because it's popular are beyond any sort of help and it's probably safe to assume they have bad opinions in general.

Anyone mention Valentina yet? It's pretty basic but three bux buys you a giant bottle of the stuff and you can guzzle it like Kool-Aid if that's your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Sriracha is a basic condiment. It's not meant to be fancy or full of distinctive character. That's why it pairs well with so many flavors, whereas more specific sauces tend not to have that flexibility.

I never see goons getting tetchy about yellow mustard or soy sauce, but anytime Sriracha comes up it's all "IS POPULAR, MUST HATE" which is a pretty fuckin' weak attitude to pull over chili sauce of all the goddamn things.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 19, 2016

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
If I lived my life in constant terror that I might look uncool because idiots might like the same thing as me I'd never be able to enjoy anything at all.

e: and it's not just Sriracha that people get weird about.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 19, 2016

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I try to keep a bunch of different kinds around too, but my neck of soCal is surprisingly barren of variety in the hot sauce aisle, and far too many of the minor brands around here are vague jalapeno-based fluids that are often bitter, devoid of character, and genuinely do suck.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 19, 2016

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
This stuff is surprisingly good for garbage fast-food soss, and if I could buy it in proper bottles instead of a hundred gay little packets I'd do so in a heartbeat:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
There's an Afghani place near here that sells handmade curry sauce by the jar. It ain't all that hot but slap the green on some chicken or the red on beef and it's like Jesus himself shat on yer tongue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Yeah, I have to get my Pukka sauce online even though it was readily available in stores 20 years ago. Again, I blame the conglom-Os proliferating their base brands and crowding everyone else out (recently noticed that Try Me Tiger Sauce has disappeared from my local grocer's... not my favorite but not happy to see it go, either.)

I do find it weird that I had a better hot sauce selection at any given supermarket in overwhelmingly white Seattle than I do in southern goddamn California, although Orange County is an enclave of the blandest possible poo poo anyway so maybe that has something to do with it.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 21, 2016

• Locked thread