Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Coen brothers movie?
Blood Simple
Raising Arizona
Miller's Crossing
Barton Fink
The Hudsucker Proxy
Fargo
The Big Lebowski
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Intolerable Cruelty
The Ladykillers
No Country For Old Men
Burn After Reading
A Serious Man
True Grit
Inside Llewyn Davis
Hail, Caesar!
Other
View Results

• Locked thread
doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Earwicker posted:

i would recommend anyone who like's the Coen's version of True Grit to go and read the book by Charles Portis. their adaptation is a lot closer to the book than the older movie, and the book is quick read but gives you a lot of interesting background, and also read all of Portis' other books they are also very good

a Coen bros. adaptation of The Dog of the South or Norwood would be incredible, you'd probably never be able to tell it wasn't original material

anyway the best "serious" one is No Country, the best funny one is Raising Arizona, but honestly the top is pretty crowded: Burn after reading, lebowski, fargo, miller's crossing

what about least favorite? besides chaff like Ladykillers I really don't care about o brother at all, or hail caesar. I haven't seen intolerable cruelty and no one talks about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
when I saw no country in the theater everyone sat completely silent and unmoving for like a full minute after the end, it was incredible

the thing that gets me about that movie is how efficient the storytelling is, I mean it gets going real fast and introduces characters by telling you exactly as much as you need to know and nothing else and you don't even notice it

• Locked thread