Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2HwHGtQRyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy5TjLZn4eY

Theyre so cute and nice, it's time to stop being afraid of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

pit bulls are actually some of the least aggressive dogs

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Soodonim posted:

Unless they've been raised wrong they are great with people and kids, but it is a breed trait that they are dog-agressive. They are likely to attack strange dogs unprovoked, and this is also dangerous for any people who may try to break up the ensuing rumble. What now?

There are other breeds that are much more likely to be dog aggressive pits probably dont evne make the top 10. Not surprising considering there are no breeding standards and most "pit bulls" are just mutts with big heads anyway

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Laughing Man posted:

My neighbor had two sweet cute pits that I would always play with and pet, keep an eye on them when he was out of town. One day when he was trying to stop them from eating garbage from a can the dogs had knocked over one of the dogs bit his pointer finger off, lol

Your neighbor sounds retarded. Why wyould you stick your hand in between a dog and some food it really wants

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

max4me posted:

My great aunt ruby is 90 years old, she was out side feeding a pit bull hot dogs no one wanted.

Something happened and it bit her.

Because the fire department had to come out, it means doggy got put on the naught dog list and is currently on doggy death row.

I'm sure she did something stupid, too bad the dog had to go instead of her being punished

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Soodonim posted:

So? Tons of pit bull owners create dangerous situations because they're so invested in demonstrating to the world what BIG SWEETIES! their dogs are. If they were educated and took the proper precautions this wouldn't be such an issue. But, you know.

Oh the story of the retarded owner who tried to break up a dog fight with his leg, where the breed of hte dogs isn't relevant at all? Sucks that your friend didn't die.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Pit Bulls are the mostly highly evolved form of dog, theyre basically bred to eliminate bad dog owners from the gene pool. A pit bull should be mandatory for every family

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Great another GBS where we can discretely trash black people, this time using pit bulls as a cover

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

there are more white trash people around here that have pitbulls than anyone else.

Uh uh sure thing, thats totally who youre talking about

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

And next let me show you some statistics on crime organized by race.. now I'm not racist BUT...

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

XMNN posted:

its amazing how quickly breed temperaments and behaviours suddenl y arent a thing when you go from discussing herding dogs wanting to herd and pointing dogs wanting to point to saying that maybe fighting dogs want to fight

Wow that's the dumbest thing I've heard all year. Grats on being an idiot

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Soodonim posted:

Really? Pit bulls weren't bred to fight? What does the "pit" part of the breed name refer to? :allears:

The pit they would put them into to fight the bulls idiot

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Soodonim posted:

How would you evaluate your performance in this Internet debate?

Are you dense?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Soodonim posted:

Says the person who has difficulty answering a simple question.

What question are you even talking about

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Cerebral Mayhem posted:

The problem is a complicated one, but the two big factors need to be addressed:

1) Shady rescues that don't adequately evaluate their dogs or in some cases deliberately conceal problems before adopting them out to novice owners, all for the holy cause of "Saving Them All".
http://www.naiaonline.org/articles/article/mission-creep-dog-rescues-and-animal-shelters-risk-public-health-and-safety

2) Most people are TERRIBLE when it comes to reading dog body language. I've watched videos of dogs that bit someone, and leading up to the bite I could tell there was something wrong by the dog's body language. Very few dogs actually attack without some kind of warning. I remember a year or so ago some woman posted what she thought was a cute picture of her baby kissing her dog. She didn't understand why everybody found it horrifying.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2016/02/invisible-signals-why-parental-supervision-isnt-enough/

May I save this pic?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Bad Titty Puker posted:

Some poster-children for privileged millennials lived right across the way from my pal in an apartment building. Their adorable pit bull bit a little girl in the face unprovoked. Due to the "two strikes" rule in the great state of Texas their dog lives and their daddy's involved in the inevitable lawsuit. A little girl is permanently disfigured thanks to their won't-hurt-a-fly murderdog. Welp, that's my pit bull story peace out

Its never unprovoked.. wonder what the little idiot did to piss off the dog.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Bad Titty Puker posted:

There was a little alley in the back of a house I once lived in where the big plastic trash cans were. Once I walked back there to throw something in the trash and a pit bull in the yard of the house across the alley started methodically running up to the adjoining chain link fence and throwing his entire body at the fence. He didn't bark; he didn't growl; his ears weren't flat against his head. He kept doing that, trying to knock down the fence so he could kill me. Aren't they cute? Just trying to defend the territory, I'm sure.

Im sure that really happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

XMNN posted:

theyll happily talk about how labradors are good with children and you should give your working dog a job or whatever bu t the moment you suggest the ones bred to attack things may be genetically predisposed towards violence ...

At this point the vast majority of pit bulls are bred for nothing. You have to continue breeding for traits if you want the traits to remain in the breed. Retard

• Locked thread