Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Maldoror posted:

I'd say they're probably about the same size as the dogs in the below pic

Philadelphia lookin good these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Rape Stink posted:

not enough heroin or racist white trash in Iggles jerseys to be Philly.

Nah, all that's missing are a few collapsing rowhomes and you're there

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

lol shut up carmant you worthless gently caress-knuckle

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

there are more white trash people around here that have pitbulls than anyone else.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

lol shut up carmant you worthless gently caress-knuckle

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

naem posted:

The weird popularity of this breed is the problem.

There are lots of dog breeds capable of attacking people, pit bulls became weirdly popular, people have them who shouldn't

go to any rescue and count the number of pit bulls. At least in this area about 90% of the dogs there are pits.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

i've gotten poo poo from passersby on walks for my "pit" even though she isn't one

she's a boxer/aus. cattle dog mix, topped out at around ~60 pounds.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

nah, we actually got one of those genetic tests done so we could get ahead of any hereditary disorders. those two breeds are what comprise her.

also nobody claims they're part boxer, they always go with "terrier mix" when they want to mask the fact that they have a pit.

Wrath of the Bitch King fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

A Stupid Baby posted:

I'm not aware of a dog that is bred for weak bite force. If you are conditioning dogs to fight they can and will gently caress you up pretty badly regardless of whether it's a "harmless" breed. One bred to be a fighter is obviously going to be worse and more likely to bite and keep biting rather than bite and retreat, but you interrupt a dogfight at your own peril regardless of breed. A freakin' whippet has enough biteforce to tear up your hand at the very least.

And yes, there are problem whippets/greyhounds. They're probably the most abused breeds in this area after Pits. Rotts and Dobies just aren't as popular among sleazebags and racing wasn't illegalized that long ago.

you don't physically "break up" a dog fight regardless of breed unless you have the proper tools or some kind of leverage that lets you do it without exposing yourself to harm.

my lovely dead aunt used to breed yorkies, the worst dogs on the planet. There'd be like 15 in her house at a time and they'd constantly get in these giant furry hate balls of rage and violence in the middle of her living room. over the years she earned arms that were more scar tissue than living flesh because she'd constantly reach into the equivalent of the murdersphere from Critters and get hosed up over and over again.

don't get big dogs, pits or otherwise, unless you can handle that kind of body mass and are always looking for signs of aggression regardless of history. the worst instance of this was when I took the dogs to the vet and there was some 90 year old woman who couldn't be more than 80 pounds there with an irish wolfhound. I couldn't help but wonder what the hell that woman was going to do if that horse decided to attack someone in the waiting room.

Wrath of the Bitch King fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 19, 2016

• Locked thread