Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

OP this is a cool car and I will add my anecdotal evidence that the first gen Mazda6 is actually a great car. I have had three different first gens:

My first was a black on black 2005 6S GT. It was loaded, had a 6AT which had a hilariously short first gear. It was plenty of fun and had some nice zip at freeway speeds. I traded that in at about 133K miles with no mechanical issues but a shot suspension on the red 06 MS6 sport in the above photo. The MS6 I bought was a bit of a basketcase and I admit full well that I bought the wrong car. I bought it from a dealership at night and totally missed a lot of obvious flaws and did not drive it hard enough during the test drive which would have told me it was the wrong car. I had rose colored glasses and was convinced this was what I wanted. I had it for a few years and enjoyed the car but not nearly as much if I had taken more time to find another example.
The silver grey car is my wifes '05 6i sport with a 4AT. She bought it at about 27K miles and ~2 or 3 years. The previous life was a rental car :stonk: but it has actually held up very well all things aside. It is now relegated to my daily/infrequent driver when I feel like not putting miles on my M3. It has eaten a few alternators but I can now swap them out in less than an hour. There was a leak that was happening from the body seam sealer on the passenger front side between the firewall. I just sealed that up with some silicone sealer and now it is all good. The radio display has started to lose pixels. The headliner recently started to sag and the fabric on the rear most part has come undone from the backing. It has 137K miles on it and it just keeps spinning like a top. Air con works, the mileage is still a consistent 27 mpg which is primarily city driving, very rarely is it on the freeway since my commute is short. The suspension is still comfortable and the fabric seats show little to no wear. They offer nice bolstering and a comfortable firm feel. I prefer the fabric seats to the leather that were in my 6S GT which must have been made for a 6'4" 300 pound person.

There is no cancerous rust and I don't see it on many other Mazdas in my region unless they have had accident repair work. Usually I see door skins that are cancerous on the bottom. I have been very happy with all of our Mazdas and I fail to see why people even bother buying boring cars like Toyotas and Hondas when there are cheap and good looking Mazdas around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread