Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

angryhampster posted:

I think by and large your car has been beaten and abused. My 6 had a couple faults, but yours sounds like a festering pile of poo.

OP, here is my old 6 for reference:

I owned it for about 3 years. Aside from routine maintenance, I replaced the following:
- Pads all around, and rotors in the front
- PCV valve. This was a pain in the rear end. I could not do it myself on the 4cyl. Paid $350ish for a reputable import shop to get it.
- 1 daytime running light bulb (city light as it's commonly known)
- 1 foglight bulb (also a minor pain in the rear end)

I ran snow tires in the winter and it was WONDERFUL. Best car I've ever driven on snow. Also replaced the stock exhaust with OBX axle-back and had a hilariously aggressive RacingBeat rear sway bar on it. It was a lot of fun.

I'd heard the obx headers for the v6 were kinda lovely compared to the msds ones, so I assumed I'd be looking elsewhere for exhaust. How did it hold up over time?

Also, outside of some random smoking on startup that I haven't bothered to look for the source of due to a lack of garage space and the po being a shithead who cut the amp and amp for the bose system out of the car, I'm enjoying my '04 6.

leica posted:

So labor was $340 to replace a ten dollar part? Jesus.

I dunno about the 2.3, but on the 3.0 it requires removing the top half of the intake manifold and other assorted throttle body things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread