Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Mr Toes posted:

I think I'm another for the 'love watching games play out, but would almost certainly hate playing it'. It seems like a particularly punishing 4X, and I have a horrible feeling that Id get to a certain point and discover that my god is poo poo / my scales are bollocks / I've forgotten to build an army, at which point I'd be utterly steamrolled.

Still, respect for you guys who can hold all that information (including the bugs) in your head!

This totally happens sometimes. Then you lose and just join another game having learned something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Ramc posted:

You know, oddly enough there aren't really any bugs of note that come to mind with the game?
mistform/ethereal + blood vengeance/damage reversal might be a bug?

How are u posted:

This totally happens sometimes. Then you lose and just join another game having learned something.

yeah i did all sorts of really bad when i first started playing (now do i other, more complicated, really bad things). it's not a huge deal when you lose because it's generally interesting in some way.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Also, unless your name is Ramc or Nuclearmonkee you are going to be losing the majority of games you play in anyway. A game will last a couple months and I think most people aren't in more than 4 or 5 games at any given time. Games will have 8-12 players on average and, you know, there can be only one winner.

I just expect to ultimately lose each game and try to have fun while I can. When I win its a very pleasant surprise.

Mr Toes
Jan 2, 2008
Digitally Challenged
You all make good points - I'll take another look into it and consider signing up to be divine cannon fodder in the near future. :angel:

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

the great and wise samog is making a mod to make the bad sites good and updating badnations so when those are done i'm gonna run a game with them. join that game, it'll be fun.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Another overly complicated game is that fun as hell to watch, but I'd never play even if I could afford to. :v:

Will be following this LP.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So with all this dolla floating around, are mercenaries commanding a much higher price? I imagine just having the unit to move around would be its own kind of advantage.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Glazius posted:

So with all this dolla floating around, are mercenaries commanding a much higher price? I imagine just having the unit to move around would be its own kind of advantage.

I can't remember 100%, but you can see that I mention attempting bids on several companies of mercs that never panned out because I lost the bid. Mercs in this game, however, were probably mostly useful as lance catchers for independent heavy cavalry provinces. Because the game setting had indies set to maximum difficulty it would be unlikely that most merc squads would be able to take many provinces on their own. Mercenaries really shine when you can use them as an independently functioning expansion army, exponentially increasing your expansion rate in the first year or so of the game. In this game, as turns pass and people gain more territory, massing national units becomes much more useful than bidding up mercs very quickly.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 6

Turn six begins with a message from the bird-men of Caelum:

Excellent news! The Caelan Grand Council accepts our offer of peace and we now have a 12 month Non-Agression Pact (NAP). Neither Caelum nor I will fight each other for the next year. Within the SA Dominions community NAPs are taken pretty seriously, and if you break one without good reason you will quickly develop a reputation as a fucker and people will be much less likely to work with you in the future.

We’ll send a reply back to Caelum and then focus on the task at hand.

Next we see that our Yeddeoni found a magic site in Grey Mountain, that’s great!

The magma cave is a fine site to find. Not game changing by any means, but certainly not poo poo. I will gladly take the earth and fire gems, very useful. I move the Yeddeoni down into The Dead Forest to search there next month.

Our battle in Tenvir went pretty well!

We lost a few Naphtali spearmen, which is not a problem in the slightest. I’d set a small group of 4 spearmen out in front of our main force to soak the crossbow hits. The AI in Dominions is pretty predictable, and archers are very, very likely to just shoot at the closest thing they can see unless specifically scripted otherwise. The independent crossbows spent the whole time murdering a couple useless spearmen while my Gibborim slaughtered the infantry. We move the Prophet’s army to Ablach, Tenvir’s northern neighboring province. Ablach looks like it has the same crossbow, heavy, and light infantry defenders that Tenvir had, so we should be able to take it without much effort.

The final message of the turn lets us know that our newly conquered province of Tenvir has experienced a bunch of unrest this month. Unrest, misfortune, and two units cursed. That sucks, but it shouldn’t be the end of the world. Tenvir will go back to normal soon enough.

Lastly, we move our fresh and new second expansion army out of Gath and south into The Dead Forest. Next turn we will be using it to take the province of Range of Light, which looks like it has the same defenders as Tenvir and Ablach.

We also change up our recruitment.

Since we’ve cleared most of our cap-circle we now have tons of extra resources available in our cap. We won’t be recruiting any more Naphtali spearmen, instead we will use extra resources to pick up 9 Asherite soldiers and 1 Zebulonite Horn-Blower a turn. The Asherite soldiers have tower shields that will be much, much better at defending against crossbow bolts than the little shields of the Naphtali spearmen. The horn-blower has the Standard ability, which confers a moral boost to his unit. Extra moral is always useful.

Next turn: more conquest!

Bonus!
Libluini's turn six.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

my dad posted:

Another overly complicated game is that fun as hell to watch, but I'd never play even if I could afford to. :v:

Will be following this LP.

You would like it there are Arena Death Match events, arena buddy.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 7

We get a single message this turn; thrilling. Looks like our battle report for our Prophet’s army in Ablach.

We won the battle, but lost a single Gibbor. That’s a shame, but I’ll take it. We send our army into the adjacent forest of Boar Woods, which contains a poo poo-load of woodsmen. Woodsmen are very lightly armored but carry dual-daggers and some have blow-pipes. I really wish I had 25 archers for this battle, I could well be sending the army to its death.

From The Dead Forest our second expansion army marches into Range of Light. Let’s hope they do a great job!

Our Yeddeoni in The Dead Forest is going to search for magic sites, the Nabi Priest multihero finished building a temple in Summeredge where our first castle is 4 months away from completion. We will be starting construction of another castle in Ablach next month, so our priest is moving north to build a temple there. Scouts continue to sneak.

The last notable piece of information from the turn is that we have found another neighbor! It looks like the kingdom of Man will be our westerly neighbor. That gives us Xibalba to our East, Caelum to our South, and Man to our West. We are on the northernmost edge of the game-map so we are safe on that side.

We’re moving a scout onto Man’s capitol province next turn, but from what we can see right now two of his cap-circle provinces are unclaimed. This may mean that Man is having difficulty expanding, which would be great. We want to grab as many provinces as we can before anybody else contests them. We’ll find out more next turn!

Editor Note - Looking back at this turn for the first time in months I realize that there are only 3 screen shots, which is Boring and Bad. Believe me, this is not indicative of most future posts, which contain an average range of 8-17 images. The early game is kind of simple and quick. I'll be posting actual battle images as well, promise.

Bonus!
Libluini's turn seven

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Man, even though my videos aren't mapping exactly to How are u's turns, just look at this poo poo: So many expensive tramplers you'll never see massed like this in a normal game. Around this time I'm getting regularly two new provinces per turn: Having max independents set means jack poo poo if you can just trample them into the ground. And I seem to be gotten lucky by not getting any special indy provinces with units capable of panicking my hairy elephants.

So many people squished by a mammoth's foot while laughing jackasses with wings look on from the distance. Thanks to magic research being slow, you can expect this kind of thing to become more and more ludicrous with each turn. Also, I made contact with Jomon (fantasy Japan).

Another thing: The combination of Caelum-Mammoths being not that easily scared compared to other elephant-tramplers and the morale bonus of the Storm Generals I'm using turned them into an even more terrifying weapon.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I love me some Dominions LPs - and think that individual ones have a much higher chance of completion than the 'everyone updates' ones, so I will be keenly following!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Ramc posted:

You know, oddly enough there aren't really any bugs of note that come to mind with the game?

Is a stealthy dude with soul contract still an unbreakable siege?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I love Dominions LPs!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Ramc posted:

You would like it there are Arena Death Match events, arena buddy.

The best arena death matches are the ones where you win because you're the only one who sent a commander.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 8

First message for the turn is that our Yeddeoni didn’t find any magic sites in The Dead Forest. Dang, well he is moving on to Summeredge to check for sites there and also to build a Lab for our first castle.

Next we have two battles. First the battle in Boar Woods with the woodsmen that I was concerned about :

Total victory! We only lost a couple lovely spearmen. What’s more, Boar Woods has two visible sites in it already, a Mine of Superior Iron that provides resources and a Wild Forest that provides one nature gem. The resources are welcome considering our Sloth dominion, and I’ll always take nature gems, they are invaluable. We send the Prophet’s army into the plains province of Blackdale next. This could be bad, but all of the independent provinces adjacent to Boar Woods are heavy infantry + heavy cavalry mixes. Blackdale appears to have the smallest amount of them, so off we go.

Finally we have our first battle with our second expansion army in Range of Light:

Six spearmen and one Gibbor, that’s a heavy loss for us so far, but the army did kill 72 men. We are going to take this army and send it north into Vath, the heavily defended cap-circle province full of heavy infantry and heavy cavalry. We’re also going to move the Gibborim and Asherite soldiers we’ve recruited for the past 2 turns in our capitol into Vath at the same time. The two armies will crush the indies and then combine, after which it should be strong enough to easily stomp any indie province going forward.

Next turn we’ll see some more battle results!

Bonus!
Libluini's turn eight

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Things seem to be proceeding smoothly. Do you tend to be an aggressive player?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Apocron posted:

Things seem to be proceeding smoothly. Do you tend to be an aggressive player?

No, I don't consider myself to be an aggressive player at all. If I had it my way I'd prefer all nations to unite in peaceful cooperation for some kind of happy unification victory, haha. Personally, I prefer to secure my home territory and get some research and mage production going before thinking about war, because that'll give you the most options and let you think about whom you can be most effective against. Some players, on the other hand, will rush your rear end right away if you are a nation with a slow and/or weak start.

In the first year and a half of the game people do not often go to war because there are still independent territories to take, and why fight somebody else when you can murder indies and take territory? That said, in the next 5 or 6 turns we're going to run out of indies and then the real game begins.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
In contrast, I'm more of a moody player: Most of the time I slowly expand and avoid wars with human players because I like impressive mage-battles, which tend to be rare in the early game.

But sometimes I mumble to myself "Quad-bless!" and then you can fully expect me to assault whoever has the bad luck meeting me first. (One day I will find the right combination of tanking my scales and powering up my sacreds with blesses!)

Edit:

Of course this means you get an unfair advantage against me if you're on IRC, since I sometimes start bragging about my bless-related plans before a game even starts. :v:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 9

Our first message of the turn lets us know that we’ve hit our first research milestone in the Alteration school. At this stage of the game expansion is still far more important than research, but without eventual research goals you'll enter the mid-game rudderless and less effective. Because we’ll almost certainly be leaning heavily upon our double-blessed sacreds in our first war research is not something I’ve thought too hard about. I chose Alteration because there is a pretty good spell, Earth Meld, at Alt 2 that could be useful, and I could possibly have the mages to cast it. Anyway, we did some research, woo.

Next we have our battle report for our Prophet’s army invading Blackdale:

Victory, with what are honestly pretty minor losses! Great job! Blackdale doesn’t have any visible magic sites, but it does have recruitable Scouts so I set up recruitment and move our army south into the province of Camia. Now, Camia is inhabited by barbarians, one of the most dangerous types of indie. They hit really hard with two-handed greatswords. We’ll see how we do. Also, Camia touches the nation of Man’s cap-circle, so if Man hasn’t noticed us yet he is going to next turn for sure. We haven’t reached out to him yet.

Next is our battle report for Vath:

Looks like we lost a little bit of chaff, a single Gibbor, and the poor Zebulonite Horn-Blower :( But we captured the province! We transfer the reinforcements from our capitol to a single commander and move the new, stronger army east into the very rich province of Summerbay. Incredibly, Xibalba still hasn’t captured Summerbay, despite having bordered it for 4 or 5 turns now and it being defended by militia, light infantry, and heavy infantry, fairly weak collection of units. We are taking it for our own, and then we’ll see what Xibalba is up to.

Our last three messages for the turn all involve events. Now, remember that I took both Chaos and Luck scales, each of which increase the chance of events happening. The luck scales should generally help to keep the events positive in nature, but there’s no guarantee.

Example: what happened this turn in our province of Tenvir.

We had two separate “province invasion” events happen at the same time, and to add insult to injury it seems as though the Villains and the Barbarians figured they’d team up and attack my province defense together!

In a normal game this would almost certainly mean a lost-province, but since this is a Mo Money style game I had enough cash on hand to pump Tenvir’s province defense rating to 25 when I captured it. The independent invasion ends in a total rout.

Next turn we conquer Summerbay and take its wealth, we either slay the barbarians of Camia or die gloriously in the process, and we start up talks with Man and Xibalba.

Bonus!
Libluini's turn nine

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Libluini posted:

But sometimes I mumble to myself "Quad-bless!" and then you can fully expect me to assault whoever has the bad luck meeting me first. (One day I will find the right combination of tanking my scales and powering up my sacreds with blesses!)

I had fun one game with Marignon's Flagellants with a 9F9B4S4D Baphomet. Made peace with the literal Hitler to my east who was playing Ermor (or whatever new nation LA Ermor has become) and had enough time to build critical mass of Flagellants. They only lasted 3 battles, but there were 3 very weird turns.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 10

Our Yeddeoni in Summeredge found a magic site! Looks like we now have a Garden of Bones, which gives us 1 death gem a turn. I’ll take it!

Next we see our battle against the barbarians and Camia:

gently caress! We killed all but a single barbarian!! Lost a few Gibborim then our morale broke and we ran. That is hosed up, because now we see that a Mannish army took the province to the north. Now province Camia is super weak and Man might send his army in to claim it for his own. If we had taken the province I doubt he’d have contested it, but now we risk losing our prophet to a “bump” between armies. There’s no choice, however, I want that province. I hop on IRC to try and get ahold of ubaten, Man’s player, to try and keep a bump from happening. I also fire off an in-game message in case I can't get a hold of him.

We also did not take the province of Summerbay that we were marching on last turn. What happened? Well, diplomacy happened. Before the game turned I chatted with the Xibalba player, Iloveu, and he informed me he was moving into Summerbay this turn. I told him he could have it if he allowed me to take the mountain province south of Summerbay, Urd, and in exchange for a 6 turn NAP. I really, really don’t want to get into an early war with Xibalba for many reasons, so I am happy to have even a 6 turn NAP buffer. I have a feeling we will be going to war sooner than later, however. The army that was set to invade Summerbay moves south to take different provinces.

Finally we have two unexpected events: a +50 income event in Range of Light and a -2 dominion event in Boar Woods.

Next time we will see how our relationship with Man progresses, and will hopefully have Camia for our own. Also, our first fort will complete construction!

Bonus!
Libluini's turn ten

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Isn't an in game message kinda pointless? Man will receive it next month.

Do you have any idea how the battle went, exactly? A single barb isn't going to stay and fight, so the only way I can see that result happening is if you didn't advance, your forces clashed very close to your side, you routed the barbarians but one of them killed one of your giants while retreating (path blocked or something) and that triggered your rout. That would take bad luck of epic proportions.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Fat Samurai posted:

Isn't an in game message kinda pointless? Man will receive it next month.

Do you have any idea how the battle went, exactly? A single barb isn't going to stay and fight, so the only way I can see that result happening is if you didn't advance, your forces clashed very close to your side, you routed the barbarians but one of them killed one of your giants while retreating (path blocked or something) and that triggered your rout. That would take bad luck of epic proportions.

1) Yes, in this situation that message will be pretty pointless if I can't get in touch with Ubaten and he decides to take Camia. He'll get the message the same turn he takes the province. However, assuming I can't get a hold of him any other way at least he'll get the message and maybe we'll be able to negotiate from there!

2) I wish I'd taken some screens of battles in these early turns of the game! I promise I do, and soon! From what I remember and can guess I'm pretty sure it happened because of our Bless. Our Gibborim were immediately swarmed and swamped by the barbarians, probably killed a fair number but soon took enough casualties to trigger a rout. The barbarians chased down the fleeing giants while hitting them with swords, but due to our Blood Vengence bless also did damage to themselves. At some point these extra casualties on the indie side triggered their own rout. Somehow one barbarian, probably with a limp affliction, remained on the field and thus is the new King of Camia.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, makes sense. Barbarians are made of paper and have poo poo morale, but hit like trucks. That was very unlucky.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The saddest thing is that no one even needs an army to capture that province any more. A scout could attack it and win - since there are no leaders left the sole remaining Barbarian will simply run off the field as soon as the battle starts.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Barbarians will berserk and thus not rout at all too.

That one lone barbarian must be Conan as gently caress.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Ramc posted:

That one lone barbarian must be Conan as gently caress.

Always play this while reading Dominions LPs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2mRG5mzg&t=67s

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

my dad posted:

Always play this while reading Dominions LPs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2mRG5mzg&t=67s

Conan music is amazing and, no joke, I actually used to put that track on while reading Dominion 3 LPs years and years ago haha. Official thread soundtrack!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ramc posted:

That's strictly the lords, that one barbarian just rolled morale like a complete psychopath. That one'll leave if you do a scout ping, though.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

How are u posted:

Conan music is amazing and, no joke, I actually used to put that track on while reading Dominion 3 LPs years and years ago haha. Official thread soundtrack!

Then you will love this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 11

Turn 11 starts with a message indicating that a Throne has been claimed, oh boy. Looks like Xibalba has claimed the Throne of Death, which I’ll show you here:

Taking the hit of Death scales sucks, but 5 death gems a turn is huge, even in a Mo Money game where magic site frequency is set to 75%. Xibalba is increasingly shaping up to be somebody we want dead.

Next we see our second expansion army’s battle in Old Man Mountains.

Victory with a couple of chaff units dead, excellent. But uh oh, we’ve run out of room to move south. We are now reaching the stage of the early game where expansion begins to draw to a close.

I move the army north to the province of Winter Peaks, and tell an indie commander that I brought with our army to stay in Old Man Mountains and build a castle.

Next we see two battles in Camia, which is bad. Man’s player didn’t see my message about claiming Camia until after the turn, it seems. One report is of Man’s army smashing the single remaining barbarian in the province, and the second is of the tiny remnant of my Prophet’s army attempting to drive the much, much larger Mannish army away.

Prophet’s army:

Man’s army:

It didn’t go well, we lost obviously, but there’s a slight silver lining. One, Man’s player did in fact respond to my overture and apologized immediately for bumping my army and without prompting said he would vacate Camia for me. This leads me to believe he is not at all interested in an early war with me and wants to make me happy, so I tell him things are OK and I let him know what other provinces I will be taking, stating our borders. Two, the casualties that Man took in that battle were pretty much purely the result of my blessed sacreds’ blood vengeance ability. I think, when the time comes to fight with Man, that we will do pretty well.

There was also an unexpected event that occurred in Blackdale:

These type of events are why I really like Luck scales. Free gold and blood slaves, two things of which we can never have enough. Happy day!

There’s then a message letting the world know that because the Throne of Death was claimed units have aged worldwide. lovely, but not overly so.

Final message is that Madam Fortuna left us, because I forgot to rebid for her services last turn. Nobody else has bid for her, so I’m putting in a fresh minimum bid for her in a province where I’d like to build a lab, that will be useful.

Finally, our first fort has completed construction in Summeredge! I set it to recruit 6 Levite Zealots in perpetuity, and with our last remaining gold set recruitment of Yeddeoni. We are gold starved right now, with putting up 1000g castles and 800g temples everywhere, but soon we’ll be recruiting tons of mages all over.

Next turn: we see what Man thinks about our border proposition, and we see if other nations are also concerned about Xibalba.

Bonus!
Libluini's turn eleven

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I want more war and intrigue!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
As the world runs short of independent provinces to scoop up there will be War, Intrigue, and copious amounts of Paranoia I can promise you that!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And with this video it begins.

Let's just say while How are u supplies the intrigue and war side of this LP, I'll add the comedic misadventures!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 12

Turn 12 begins with a message that the Dormant Pretender gods are waking up. Our god is imprisoned, so we won’t be seeing him for another year+ yet.

Next we see two battle reports that our scouts picked up. One is of Bogarus, a nation we have no contact with yet, crushing some wolves. That must have been the result of an event that recaptured one of his provinces. The other is of Man crushing some indies in a province we were planning to give him, not a problem.

Then we have our own battle report from Winter Peaks, where our army effortlessly crushed the indies. Excellent.

We see that our Prophet took control of Camia, just as Man said he’d allow. That is great, but we see something lovely when we look to the south:

Man has taken Ironwood Forest, which is one of the provinces that we have claimed. We want Ironwood Forest so we can box off Man’s access to that Throne province, and so that we can get a little more land ourselves. I am certain that Man’s player didn’t get the chance to read my IRC message before the game turned, so we await his reaction. If I were him, I would be a little salty at having to give up a couple of provinces to my neighbor, so I am very curious to see how he reacts. I don’t want to go to war with Man, but if he is aggressive in his reaction and if I can get a longer lasting peace with Xibalba maybe we will do it.

I’m moving the new army in Summeredge fort into the province of Forest of Springs, hoping that we end up bumping into Man and killing one of his armies. I think that with his army of ranged dudes he may move into Forest of Springs next, since it is barbarians and he’d likely smoke them easily. We’ll see how that goes.

Finally, we had some lovely luck in Old Man Mountains, the province we conquered last turn and just started a castle within. An event led villains to attack, and since I ran out of money last turn I didn’t put much more than 1 PD in the province. We lost it.

1000g for the castle construction flushed down the drain, a real tragedy. I send the army next-door back into Old Man Mountains to reclaim it, and we will not let that happen again. gently caress bad events!

Overview of the turn:

Bonus!
Libulini's turn twelve.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
That seems like spectacularly bad luck.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Apocron posted:

That seems like spectacularly bad luck.

It is definitely bad luck. I took Luck 2 scales as part of our Pretender design for several reasons, but one of them was to try and cut down the number of random indie invasion events. I really dislike those, and when you are a blood nation you also don't want any increased chances of indie invasions loving with your blood hunting parties. The province of Old Man Mountains, however, is on the very edge of our little kingdom, and as you can see from the last image doesn't even have a single candle of our Dominion in it yet so there was no way for that to mitigate the chances.

Dominions is a game where bad luck can gently caress you in hilarious ways. If this were a game played under the standard settings that could have possibly been a game-altering event, because losing 1000 gold like that in the early game would be so much more damaging. Thankfully, in this game it is just more of an inconvenience.

e: GOTY vvvv

How are u fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I once lost my capital province to a barbarian horde on turn 2. Instant game over.

• Locked thread