Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Count me as another fan of Dominions even if the game itself is utterly baffling.

Sort of like Dwarf Fortress, but with a nicer soundtrack.

EDIT: I'm also a fan of LPs with actual nations than draft LPs, because the nations themselves are the characters of the game. Seeing the progression of nations through the ages is neat.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SIGSEGV posted:

It's worth it for the pure joy of theorycrafting alone in the darkness of mom's basement, believe me.

The Pretender designer alone is worth it at $14

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

jBrereton posted:

The fun part of a draft is picking stuff, and then some poor fucker actually has to hand craft 100g of PD per 10 points and so on which is not enjoyable for them.

I stop reading draft lps after the draft, even if there aren't any problems modding it. I like reading people's reasoning behind their picks as well as the teeth grinding when a pick you were counting on gets selected by someone else.

Ideas-guy moment: what if you did a Dom 4 game where everyone starts with some basic units and commanders, then after a year you rank everyone by some metric, then do a draft in reverse order that unlocks new units?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Coolguye posted:

boosters not counting is how Lilli got her current avatar, she killed a pony pretender god with a bunch of turkey mages using mind duel.

god drat, that owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxaO63-R774&t=9s

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Given how many ways there are to gently caress over the world, someone should make a Drakengard nation for Dominions.

:yokotaro: "So the national summon is a giant newborn with a bite attack."
:sweeden: "suuure, any custom pretenders?"
:yokotaro: "How about a colossal pregnant woman that makes you play a rhythm game?"

• Locked thread