Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

AfroSquirrel posted:

If you have goats, there is a chance of them attracting a dragon.

Do they keep trolls away, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Is it possible to have Dark Power but not be able to see in the dark?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Cathode Raymond posted:

What do blood slaves do in nations without blood sacrifice? Are they spent on spells and crafting like any other gem?

Yeah. Often blood spells require rather a lot of sacrifices, more than other spells require gems; I assume it's because it's much easier to get blood slaves in mass quantity.

At least in Dom3, based on the LPs I've seen, unlike other gems they show up in battle. They can't attack, but can be killed, so watch out for your 'gems' getting murdered before you use them. Actually, I recently got a copy of Dom4 as my first Dominions game, I should really learn how to play it...

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
You could always bring your own skeleton tide, too. I imagine they mostly cancel out.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Bo-Pepper posted:

Are you not allowed to wish for the unit itself?

The unit isn't unique, IIRC, so you'd just get a new golem. The armour is an artifact and there's only one.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

I ride bikes all day posted:

What is the effective level of the Golem's S magic vs Duel? Do all those boosters count?

They don't, it's base ranks only.

However, golems are mindless (or not alive? I forget which one matters) and are immune to Magic Duel, so it doesn't matter, you can't kill it that way.

Edit: vvvv That was fantastic.

Prism fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 17, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
If you give a booster to someone who doesn't have any of that school of magic, do they get an effective level of 1 or can they still not cast spells with it?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I love Dominions' mythology.

'Yeah, there was a branch stuck in the sun. See? Here it is.'

Edit: What does Temporary Fire Gems do? Do they just get a free fire gem when in combat to do all the fire gem tricks with?

Prism fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

The chyron is fantastic too. Lichard Stone :allears:

• Locked thread