Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Nice, Dominions LP's are great. One question, isn't dom 6 a little bit low if you intend to rely on sacreds for a while though? Recruiting only six capital-only sacreds per turn seems a bit of a waste with a double bless but I haven't played a single game of Dom4 yet, so I don't know poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Ramc posted:

Do not let the game intimidate you. It is entirely possible, once you get the basics in single player, to jump into a multiplayer game and win.

This, as far as I know, being a magnificient bastard in the diplomatic game can carry you through a game, even if you understanding of game mechanics isn't great.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Crashing the game with skeletons is just another "gently caress this gay earth" strategy.

Loved the monkey nations in Dom 3, especially Bandar Log, but has Patala gotten any good in Dom 4?

I mean, just look at these dudes, their stats aren't that great and that encumbrance is horrifying, basic 9 enc + cold blood and wrong temperature is just a killer, even with minor reinvigoration.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Ramc posted:

MA C'tis has a dominion that can cause non-cold-blooded units to get diseases. It's a good one to push.

It is pretty funny when you get some good indie mages like sages and start to slowly kill them all too. Well 'funny'. You have to see the humor in the situation at least.

It also decreases enemy income and boosts yours for every dominion point, but it can be a double edged sword if you try to push it too agresively because you can give someone an excuse to form a coalition against you.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The good ol' Hell Power shenanigans communion, had a great deal of fun doing that in Dom 3, specially with vampire lords. It turns ou that if you script a big blob of flying units to bodyguard your mages, the horrors have a really hard time getting to them because there is literally no space for the horrors to fly into melee.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Honestly, The Demon was a terrifingly skilled player that no one wanted to neighbour and Hinnom was OP as gently caress.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Blood and death? Please tell me you're going to swarm the map with vampires.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

PurpleXVI posted:

I'm guessing that the non-Lord vampires are literally just Vampire Lords with a bit less of everything?

Pretty much, yeah.

Vampires are wonderful, but as someone else said, they are mainly defensive in nature, very rarely you will send them outside your dominion. But the big pro is that you are a blood nation, being able to push your dominion aggressively by blood sacrifices. Basically, you push your dominion into a neighbour and your endless hordes of vampires take hold of it, entrenching themselves in, without fear of death, like World War I but with fangs and horrible blood magic.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I, for one, welcome our new bird overlords.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
And vampires don't need lovely bat wings to fly, because they are fabulous.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
It's also worth to mention that Dom4 changes in how resistances work means that is not that easy to have complete inmunity to nearly everything anymore.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I remember when I played Dom 3 that if you put up Arcane Nexus, you should be prepared to fight the entire world. I'm really surprised How are u has managed to avoid the dogpile until now, silver-tongued mastermind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

PurpleXVI posted:

Worms that Walk have DOUBLE immortality? How does that work?

If they die in battle, they have a high chance to be reformed during battle and appear again, I think.

Dang, this LP is giving me the itch to play Dominions again.

• Locked thread