Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I'm still not relevant yet. I will be later, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

My first appearance, in Iron Range in the last screenshot! Xibalba's dom push is affecting me severely too but I haven't noticed that yet.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Phrosphor posted:

Does Dom4 have the same bug feature that Dom3 had where the sound of your archers firing is magnified by each archer so when 50+ all fire at once it is a deafening sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLyWKkAZn2w

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

Awwww, goats.

I'm kind of disappointed that they don't have any special, ridiculous powers or incredible niche uses where they're overpowered. Now how am I gonna kill an enemy Pretender with a goat?

If you have goats, there is a chance of them attracting a dragon.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

How could you "steal" a script?

Use shortcuts to copy it to other commanders. You can't issue the script normally.

Also, my free love dryads will not be bound by your rules and treaties.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

Well, what if you edited your turn file to have a billion gold and gems or some poo poo? Dunno crap about Dominions beyond reading LPs, but "editing the files the game relies on to give yourself an advantage" is just, like, so obviously cheating at video games that I can't believe this is a question.

Dominions identifies sudden increases in resources outside an expected range as cheating. I'm pretty such that alchemizing too much in a single turn in Dom3 got a notification sent out to all players that Player X cheated themself some resources.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

Alternatively he was just trying to get them killed to get rid of them. No real reason Pan needs to be recruiting generic commanders anyways, even in mo money games.

Bingo. I need some commanders about a year earlier to ferry some things around and to build things, and then forgot to stop recruiting them. This was garbage disposal once I remembered.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

That overkill was me Faery-Trodding a reinforcement army to the front lines (hence the massive number of cap-only sacred outta nowhere).

Also, I stopped by IRC a few times but you weren't there.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

Are there any special sites that are unique to certain kinds of terrain? Or can any sort of site technically pop up in any sort of province?

Underwater and caves have specific site sets. Others can only appear in a wasteland/forest/mountain/coast. I *think* there's one waterwheel site that's restricted to provinces with a river on the edge as well.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

King Doom posted:

Do they get their own unique events, or is it just the really, really rare events all landing simply due to sheer number of flamechickens?

No unique events that I can remember, but you can design your pretender to fit the qualifications for things like events that give you a trio of free mages.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Orv posted:

...Now I have to make a Dom LP just to make a bad joke.

This is how most Dom games get started to be fair.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Hoburg Crossbows are the best and I am producing the cap (100) a turn and ferrying them to the front lines as fast as their stubby MM1 legs will go.

How are u posted:

IIRC he also mentioned something about having so many Death and Fire gems he'd started empowering Pans.

Yep! I think I also have the Kings of Fire at this point, from empowered Pans and a one in a million seduction of a Ragha Fire Spirit.

Also, Re: Enchanted Forests. That was probably on my border with Bogarus where my dom was not completely saturated. Pretty much every province at this point has a temple and 10+ dryads preaching, since there are mutliple blood jerks in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

LA everything is hosed forever. Not-Greek Nature Mythology is torn between angry undead FEEL NATURES WRATH and the technology using dwindling species. Not-West Rome has fallen and is now one big nasty undead empire. Not-Spanish Inquisition have turned to worshiping full on devils just to survive. Not-Germany is not Not-Dracula (which is cool and good and they aren't evil they are just vampires). Not-Aztecs have returned to their old ways cause lol 2012ish Apocalypse. And Not-Cthulhu threatens to turn the world into a staging point for the invasion of the 4th dimension if not stopped.

...except for LA Pan! The madness and revelry has gone and the magic is in decline, but a new social structure and civilization is developing amongst the beastmen, less rigid than the caste structure that was there before. They've got a better grasp on metalworking and other technologies, and as was mentioned before have turned away from blood sacrifices.

Basically I'm the good guys. Root for me!

• Locked thread