Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
So the final battle is likely to be Gath vs Caelum?

Mind, what would happen if someone cast Second Sun at this point? Would that counter Utterdark? Sometimes Dominions seems to account for a lot of weird interactions, other times it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
What makes the Seraph so brutal? Primarily it just looks very hard to hurt.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

How are u posted:

We need to Gift of Reason it so we can unlock its "vast magical and priestly powers" !

So, if you Gift of Reason a "normal" version of a commander unit, it automatically unlocks the exact same powers it would have as a commander? What if you Gift of Reason a non-commander unit, how does the game set its magic paths(if any) and ability to command other units? Is there just some default minimum, does it randomly roll them, etc.?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Oh man, I look forward to the fight against that army. 590 dudes scripted by Ramc could do some serious damage and be a real danger, rather than a roadbump.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Glazius posted:

Is it possible to put so many units in a province they can't all participate in combat?

You can probably crash a battle with too many units, I know I've had that happen before. Somewhere around 2000 units or more the game has trouble handling it and will be likely to crash on turn processing.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Where are you from in the world, by the way, Libluini? I can't place the accent.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

So how are we celebrating Turn 100 in Gath?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Assuming you get all of Pan's thrones before Caelum realizes what's up, how close would that put you to a throne-based victory? And does he have any particularly useful ones for you to exploit?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

Given how many ways there are to gently caress over the world, someone should make a Drakengard nation for Dominions.

:yokotaro: "So the national summon is a giant newborn with a bite attack."
:sweeden: "suuure, any custom pretenders?"
:yokotaro: "How about a colossal pregnant woman that makes you play a rhythm game?"

You'd also need the entirety of the Drakengard 1 cast as national heroes that can pop in randomly. Zero and her sisters might also do as custom Pretenders.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I was kind of hoping for some sort of interesting upset from Ramc to give How Are U some challenge. Looking forward to seeing if Caelum manages it instead.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

What thrones does Gath have now?

Also I loving LOVE that an UNCONSCIOUS HORROR ends up costing Caelum like 200 corpse constructs. It wasn't even anything he could've planned for, since those horrors weren't actually visible to him ever.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

At this point it's really just a mop-up, isn't it?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

What was in that message from Bogarus?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Okay, so, what's the counter to the damage-reversal effect that Gath's been rolling with on its blessed troops this entire game? Like, are there any attacks that bypass the effect?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Istvun posted:

I once spent some time trying to make a D&D session with the premise of "it's year 2 in Dominions"

That's the concept for the Godbound game I'm running right now. :v: I decided that the state of the world was after a game of Dominions, essentially, and now that the Pantokrator's been gone enough, all of the old challengers to the throne that weren't utterly destroyed are waking up and making a mess.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Probably the best Dom 4 LP I've ever read(in part because it's actually finishing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Grats on the victory!

• Locked thread