Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amhazair
Feb 13, 2012

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Sorta this, but substitute "think I'd hate to actually play" with "I just don't care for the diplomacy/social aspect, personally." Which is a shame, because I normally love smashing pixel mans against each other. Most of the time, at least.

I don't know how popular they are in the SA Community these days but it's perfectly possible* to organise anonymous no-diplomacy games so you have all the joy of fighting competent human opponents without being forced to deal with all that "pesky diplomacy." I used to really enjoy these types of games back in my playing days. (I quit shortly after dom4 came out, burned out om dom in general)

* the only caveat is you have to find a volunteer to organise and run the game who doesn't actually play in it himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amhazair
Feb 13, 2012

Banemaster posted:

Some common magic sites are always visible, as are thrones. It is also possible to trade gems with other players or alchemize gems from other gem types.

Also, while a majority of gem income from any given magic type will be that type of magic gems there's allways a scattering of sites that produce another gem type. (or a mix of different gems)

Amhazair
Feb 13, 2012

jBrereton posted:

No.

There is no #airbreathing command, and no commanders give it, either.

Erm, yes there are. Or at least there is at minimum one unit that gives air breathing to troops accompanying him. I seem to recall there were a couple of pretenders and/or summons that did that but it's been a while (I played exactly one game since Dom 4 came out) so I wouldn't swear to it but I just fired up my copy of Dom 4 to check out some pretender chassis and at the very least the Titan of the Sea has the ability, (barring the ability being patched out later for some reason) so it should be possible to work with copystat?

The problem with copystat - as I understand it - is that there are some abilities of the copystated unit that you can't get rid of with clearspec but the chassis doesn't have too many extraordinary abilities anyway, so I think that shouldn't be too much of a problem here.

Disclaimer: I never did any dominions modding more complicated than combining different mods into one for specific MP games but I did hang out a bit with guys who were into modding & did some playtesting and balance feedback for them, so I did learn how to understand the coding a bit so I could look onder the hood of the mods and picked up some pointers along the way. And even that was only for Dom 3. So don't take my word for gospel.

Edited for lack of reading comprehension: While the above is true, it wasn't the question. Getting into the sea, while annoying is possible in a variety of ways. (Both natively and to mod it) Getting out of the water if you're not natively capable of it far less so. (Only for commanders with one specific item)

Amhazair fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 3, 2017

Amhazair
Feb 13, 2012

I ride bikes all day posted:

Old Man of the Sea, Titan of the Sea, Father of Monsters, etc can all bring land units into water. I can't find a unit that can bring water units to land, which I believe is the key issue.

Oh, yes, you're absolutely right, that effect doesn't exist at all. I misread the original post that sparked this discussion with him talking later in the same post about getting into the sea. But yes, getting out of it is the even bigger issue and there are no real ways to alleviate that.

• Locked thread