Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Does that Chayot have negative magic paths? I didn't know that was a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Honestly it feels like with that double bless you should be focusing on wars early on, no? I'm not an expert, but I do know that early on is when unit spam is the most effective, and I'd imagine blesses favor being aggressive with your armies.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

since the topic of Dominion score is relevant right now, what's generally considered a good / safe score to take for your pretender? Is it that How R U's score is legitimately low for a Pretender, or normally would be okay and he just the great luck of being right next to a domkiller neighbor?

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Fearless_Decoy posted:

I've only really read LP threads for Dominions, but I can't wait until the globals start going up. I love the flavor text for all of the 'A Dire Portent' messages.

Is there a text dump somewhere with all of the Dire Portent flavor texts? I recall some of them being pretty badass sounding

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

How exactly do site searching spells work? The description says "targeted province", so do you need to manually order each mage to focus on a province and cast the spell each turn? Or can they be told to just cast the spell and they automatically pick a province to cast it on?

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Orv posted:

I'm rooting for Howareu purely by virtue of my lust for unnecessarily long Dom LPs.

I'm in the same position by virtue of being terrified at the thought of actually playing this game, but I love reading LPs of it.

also does someone have the text for what OTHER players see when you cast Eyes of God? All the globals get really cool flavor text but the caster doesn't get to see it.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

The more Dominion LPs that are happening, the better. Then we get to read about more bullshit shenanigans and insane combos and dumb luck.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

It feels like they didn't just nerf Tartarians, but using super units in general. It's cool to summon some really fancy high end unit and bling them out with gear and Gift of Reason them into a commander, but it's too easy for other players to just counter them and bam there goes all your gems and cool toys. In general, when given the choice between building a few really powerful units, and a bunch of simply okay units, the quantity over quality approach is better. And involves less micromanaging.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

What happens if you cast a global when you already have it up yourself? Do you just up the number of gems in the already existing global, or does it do the whole check and bump thing again anyway?

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

As people have already mentioned, Blood is just super versatile, easy to research, and has a lot of legitimate threats in it. While you could say it's not required to use blood, if you're a nation with easy blood acess or you come across a way to branch into it as another nation, there's no reason to pass it up. And you'd be foolish to ignore another nation if you see evidence that they're seriously pushing into blood themselves.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Is it usually worth sending priests around looking for holy sites in a regular game? In a mo money game I imagine it's way easier with the site generation cranked up and a bunch more money to spend on priests.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Bogarus has cast Backstab.
How are u has cast Diplomacy.

Looking forward to seeing how things might heat up in the next few turns. With a site like that blood discount, I'm almost surprised you're not trying to gun for it yourself. That'd turn the vampire swarm up to 11.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

I hope horror seed does something really cool. It sounds like one of those spells that sounds awesome on paper but is totally impractical.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Willie Tomg posted:

What. The HEck. Are you gonna do with all those goats.

I imagine goats as a mass produced unit make pretty good meat shields for soaking up hostile spells.

Just how many goats ARE there now?

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Sweet jesus that is a lot of mages :stare:

That's some top tier Dominions Bullshit. carefully crafting a gigantic special army and kitting it out with all the cool toys and scripting all the best spells and buffs. . . . And then watching it just absolutely rip itself to shreds with offscript shenanigans.

How are u posted:

If you enjoyed seeing how communions hosed up spectacularly in this battle then know that there's a very special, communion-focused game or two that will start in the next few days!

Also, I really hope someone'll be documenting this game for the LP forum. A game of all blood and/or astral nations sounds crazy

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

The Master Enslave troll golem dies unceremoniously to junk troops and a random Horror Seed in a siege causes untold havoc. :lol: This game could go down in history as one of the weirdest Dominion LPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

I'm sad the LP is coming to an end just because that means I wont be able to get Dominions fix till whenever the next one starts. :v: But seriously, grats on coming to the end of one hell of an LP. This one looked crazy even by Dominions standards.

• Locked thread