Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

My guess is that they gave orders to send seven guys there for some reason last turn, then something before movement phase spawned the shadows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

PurpleXVI posted:

Assuming Man crumbles before the pincer attack, is this shaping up to be a Gath vs Pan end-game showdown? Or are some of the other players also dangerously big?
Well, according the map posted earlier there's nobody else around, so looks like it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

goatface posted:

Is the bird economy active for even more riches?

The what?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shady Amish Terror posted:

You could maybe try to handwave it as the difference between durable constructions with rituals that you get to keep around and 'hey let's just animate whatever poo poo's laying around from centuries of ascendance wars oh look it fell apart after about twenty minutes, whoops', but I agree that for as much as the game loves its big goofy mythology, it's a curious inconsistency. Dominions doesn't make too many concessions to gameplay or user-friendliness, but I guess that's just one of them.
I suspect it's a concession to the game not really having stuff set up so the in-combat animation spells can check if there's corpses in the province the battle is happenign in, or to properly remove them on the strategic layer after the battle is over.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

twig1919 posted:

If you do get ganged up on at this point, do you have a plan to survive it? Like are you stocking slaves for a dom push if everyone turns on you. Might not win you the game but it could possibly take out some competition.
That throne which would make his blood sac pushing way worse remains unclaimed, I believe.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Glazius posted:

Is it possible to actually nuke a site, make it repellent to everyone?

I suppose not, otherwise people would just keep hitting the thrones with it.
I believe the right age of Ermor can, by having is dominion in it long enough, kill all the population, turning it into a desolate wasteland that can't really support any troops hanging out in it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Apocron posted:

Why haven't we seen more enslave golems from Ramc yet? Does it take a few turns to make one? Will Howareyou get his own enslave golems? Will the whole world be chewed up by armies enslaving each other?
Probably because they're, as just noted, extremely expensive to set up, and that armor to make sure it doesn't get killed while laying on the ground recovering from casting the spell is unique, so you can put it on up to one enslave golem. Currently, he can put it on zero without blowing a Wish himself.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ramc posted:

can you prove i didn't win on turn 97
Here's proof:

:proof:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ramc posted:

Who is the real loser, here? Me, or the guy who has to actually watch, screenshot, and document 100 wizards casting. Each turn probably took a few minutes even on fast forward.
To the best of my Dominions knowledge, the guy who had to script the wizards.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Lord Koth posted:

As far as I'm aware, Celestial Rainbow's generated gold is also off-the-books (it shows up as an event each turn), so this isn't actually the reason why.
Well that's interesting. What could be causing it? A bunch of high-powered gold-generating sites?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

"It's okay once I have absolute power I can fix it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Speleothing posted:

Dominions 5 was announced today, if you're the sort of loser who doesn't read the main Dom4 thread and need to have it said via Let's Play.
Have they said what they're changing?

• Locked thread