Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

if i woke up to the news that trey parker, matt stone, and seht mcafarlane all disappeared i'd probably think to myself "finally, some good news!" then click to the next article about how hillary is a criminal and dnald trump is like the joker from batman

trey parker and matt stone are great though. all of their movies are hella good. they make musicals which are also good and i dont even like musicals. south park is where they straight up tell people they poo poo out an episode a week regardless of quality

name a good thing seth macfarlane has been in. a single movie, or television show, hell even a single animated short from 'the comedic genius of Seth macfarline'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ikanreed posted:

I never minded politics that didn't match my own as a basis for humor.

But the whole "manbearpig" thing where they pushed real hard to laugh at how unbelievable global warming was, was a big fat giant strawman argument we were supposed to treat as if it were funny.

they laughed at the tone and presentation of global warming in his movie, because he treated it like a spooky boogeyman and demanded attention for the SERIOUS ISSUE. thats why the episode wasn't about climate change, it was about manbearpig

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
south park is political but disconnected from the political machines trying to control the news media and because it isn't bearing the flag of one political organization over another it gets flack from both because we live in a society where unless you give up your self respect, lay down and take it in the rear end and trumpet exactly what's loving you then you'll get snarky hit pieces written about you

its very obvious that they grew up in mormon areas and are opposed to conservative american values but at the same time are not liberal and clearly have no respect for the political elites in charge of the democratic/liberal movement atm

so if you hate conservative american values and tell hillary to go gently caress herself, that makes you right wing. alt-right. trump supporters. you know, the people who go around breaking your car windows at night.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

china bot posted:

if nothing else, South Park is responsible for the "THIS IS WHAT __________ ACTUALLY BELIEVE" meme

e: Simpsons Did It and Free Hat are loving great

the sock gnome thing is played out but also good

also manatees

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mr. Unlucky posted:

it was fun as a kid but now the early episodes are way too basic potty mouth 10 year old poo poo and the later episodes are a big tedious wank.

the game was the last fun thing this series did after years of not caring about it and it was essentially fueled entirely by nostalgia which makes the member berries thing extra dumb.

continuity should be giving this show a breath of fresh air but last season was one of the least funny they've done and this one seems like it's going to be even worse.

member when marriage was between a man and a woman

member Reagan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

McDowell posted:

What are you on about? You don't think it's hosed up that Eric Cartman poo poo is becoming acceptable behavior for adults? You can't have your cake and eat it too, eventually this poo poo is going to have serious consequences. But hey I'm just a kid *shrugs and walks away*

• Locked thread