Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

If you're 13 and being told why you can't scream "friend of the family" in the hallways for the first time, then yeah.

This strawman dismissal worked pretty great a few years ago, not so much anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Anyway the problem with manbearpig isn't that it was making fun of global warming. The problem is that the "50% one thing, 50% another thing, 50% another thing" joke was lazy and played out even at the time and Matt and Trey should be and are better than that.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Roylicious posted:

If you can't get in on some good old fashioned making fun of Al Gore because you're too caught up in "50% 50% 50% joke ugh so tired and played out come on Matt and Trey I expect better" then dang man.

I could totally get into the Al Gore caricature, I just didn't like that specific aspect of manbearpig. It was a pretty central part of the manbearpig joke and it managed to give even me, a dumb middle schooler at the time, comedy douche chills.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Theophany posted:

I don't get it, why is the 3 halves thing played out? Not being American, is it 2000 Election or Inconvenient Truth related?

Are you kidding me? It's an old dad joke.

Naerasa posted:

Sometimes people get mad when a joke is too simple because then they can't prove how smart they are by laughing at it.

I laugh at fart jokes, dude. Don't try to psychoanalyze people on the Internet for having harmless opinions that differ from yours, it's weird.

• Locked thread