Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martman
Nov 20, 2006

MMOHMO needs to keep enough of an air of legitimacy that shills are attracted so that we can make fun of their get rich quick schemes games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

SweetBro posted:

What? I don't remember that going down at all. Last I recall 90% of goons went inactive after pirate island got seized by Forrest Crowe or whatever the gently caress they called themselves, and we kept on getting our shitstomped by them in PvPenis encounters and people got bored until nothing was left but a bunch of spergy poopsockers who claimed to have hated forrest crowe for being spergy poopsockers.

You clearly weren't sailing with pirate king alleged goonfucker kimsemus then dear friend, the drama was real.

Since this game doesn't and will never exist, petition for this thread to be made a wushu/archeage shitpost thread, thx and god bless

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 24, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

You clearly weren't sailing with pirate king alleged goonfucker kimsemus then dear friend, the drama was real.

Since this game doesn't and will never exist, petition for this thread to be made a wushu/archeage shitpost thread, thx and god bless

You in for Wushu 2: medieval fantasy dragon survival (dark&light)?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Alexander DeLarge posted:

You in for Wushu 2: medieval fantasy dragon survival (dark&light)?

Of course, I regret missing the first fiasco, can't miss the second coming.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

VideoGames posted:

MMO-HMO and PGS aren't quite FYADlites like imp zone or c-spam but they are also not full zones like Games main. I'm just here to help out when needed. I'm not an overbearing mod at all and you'll barely see me unless you like talking about EVE.

Well we aren't. So gently caress off.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
This looks great. I bought 12 accounts already. A full group of 6 for each universe.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
spins around 3 times
stares into the mirror
eve eve eve
videogames shows up

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Wait I've got an idea, change the name to Duel Universe. That sounds more fun.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Kimsemus posted:

I would love to see this happen, actually. The hilarious Fishing Pact drama was one of the funniest things ever to come out of MMO-HMO.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Was that fishing pact thing in a thread? Can somebody link it?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Shy posted:

Was that fishing pact thing in a thread? Can somebody link it?

Paging Eonwe, he has a history post somewhere that covers it well.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

lets think back to Archeage launch

everyone had a wonderful time playing a terrible lovely janky pay to win game, it was wonderful

It turns out BobFromMarketing played Archeage with us. I didn't know who this dude was, neither did a lot of people. Some goons, however, knew him because he was outed as being a pedophile who groomed an icelandic teenager for sex. This was brought to the attention of the guild leaders, and a screencap of the goon guild leader was taken with him saying that 'it was a long time ago and wasnt even in America.' They wanted to keep him because he provided a lot of virtual wool for the guild (im not loving kidding). There were even attempts to sneak him back into the guild under a different name.

Naturally, a lot of goons found this really loving disgusting. In any case, the guild leader chose one of his friends to be a guild leader which didn't make anyone too happy, but he was an alright guy. Unfortunately, his dad got really sick so he just stopped coming on. He remained guild leader, so there was absolutely no real leadership. The guild had no real guild leader in his absence, just a bunch of officers. This led to some pretty awesome drama, including Kimsemus being kicked out of Goonrathi/EVE Goons

The reason Kimsemus is no longer in the EVE guild or the Star Citizen guild is because of the following:

Some of the officers wanted everyone to raise money by fishing. If you went out in the ocean you could play a lovely rhythm minigame to catch fish and turn them in for gold. The ocean was open PvP and if you were fishing you were basically really loving vulnerable. Some of the officers basically decided to ally with LITERALLY ANYONE SITTING IN THE OCEAN FISHING. Yes, you understood that right. They decided to make a well known alliance with any person in the loving ocean who had a fishing pole basically. This is despite the fact that since launch some Goons had been pirating and that was the main reason they played the game. This included Kimsemus. He was basically a PvP dude, and went around on his boat with goons and killed people.

Dabigredboat is one of the fishing pact goons and he got super mad at Kimsemus for goonfucking (by PvPing in an open PvP zone and killing pubbies). He used his influence to get Kimsemus and Lincoln kicked out of both EVE Goons and Goonrathi because he was super loving mad at video game fishing in a lovely korean MMO

there you go thats the one you want i think

eonwe fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 25, 2016

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
:shittypop:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

Well we aren't. So gently caress off.

You're not still angry about the time I told you to take some breathing exercises are you?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Eonwe posted:

You rock, Eonwe. And I forgot about the goons protecting the child molester!

Aren't Goons the greatest?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

Thank you friend Eonwe, MMO HMO historian 2013-forever

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Kimsemus posted:

Thank you friend Eonwe, MMO HMO historian 2013-forever

A dubious honor.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

VideoGames posted:

You're not still angry about the time I told you to take some breathing exercises are you?

It is pointless for me to do breathing exercises because you fail to realize that I am not ever in a temporary state of anger. I am in a permanent state of anger.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i actually looked at the kickstarter for this. for a mere 120 pounds you can get into the alpha and play in just multiple months time. what a steal

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Eonwe posted:

i actually looked at the kickstarter for this. for a mere 120 pounds you can get into the alpha and play in just multiple months time. what a steal

Three of my kids only come up to 110 pounds. You think they'll give me a discount?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Only one left guys get in quick :^)

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

jabro posted:

Three of my kids only come up to 110 pounds. You think they'll give me a discount?

Jesus. You need to loving feed yo kids.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Wilks Checkov posted:

Skill-based Character Progression
As there is no predefined character class nor character level, the character progression will be skill-based. The player will be able to select one skill at a time to train for his/her character. Skills will be trained in real-time, whether the player is online or not. Each primary skill trained at the first level - which will be easy and very quick to reach - will unlock a specific gameplay tied to one of the main activities available, so that any player will be able to experience a broad range of gameplay mechanics if he wants.

"Pay a monthly fee to watch a bar slowly move without any actual input from you."

This was a poo poo system when Eve (and whatever that rip off robot version of eve was) did it, its a poo poo system now that Crowfall is doing it, and it seems to be spreading like a horrible nerd version of syphilis. It's ingenious in a way, because it allows you to pay a monthly subscription while you wait for your skill to finish training, and you can choose not play the game at all, thereby using next to zero server resources. Please rent me a slowly moving bar graphic on your server, and I'll log in every once in a while and check on the amazing progress my character is making.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gawain The Blind posted:

"Pay a monthly fee to watch a bar slowly move without any actual input from you."

This was a poo poo system when Eve (and whatever that rip off robot version of eve was) did it, its a poo poo system now that Crowfall is doing it, and it seems to be spreading like a horrible nerd version of syphilis. It's ingenious in a way, because it allows you to pay a monthly subscription while you wait for your skill to finish training, and you can choose not play the game at all, thereby using next to zero server resources. Please rent me a slowly moving bar graphic on your server, and I'll log in every once in a while and check on the amazing progress my character is making.

The last time an open class model worked in an MMO was probably pre CU2 SWG.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

It is pointless for me to do breathing exercises because you fail to realize that I am not ever in a temporary state of anger. I am in a permanent state of anger.

I am imagining the Incredible Hulk at the end of The Avengers.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Kimsemus posted:

The last time an open class model worked in an MMO was probably pre CU2 SWG.

All I want is to get slightly better at mining when I grind asteroids for 3 hours. Action->Reward. I don't feel like im asking for a lot here.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I love how every time a game claims to have "skill-based progression" it means the exact opposite.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Martman posted:

I love how every time a game claims to have "skill-based progression" it means the exact opposite.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
that boy had more fun than anyone involved with this game will

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tbf that looks like its a lot of fun

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

we used to do that on my grandads farm, the pigs loving hate it and it quickly makes them anti-social

but yeah it's hella fun

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Babe Magnet posted:

we used to do that on my grandads farm, the pigs loving hate it and it quickly makes them anti-social

but yeah it's hella fun

So they stopped having tea with you or something? What hell is an anti-social pig?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

jabro posted:

So they stopped having tea with you or something? What hell is an anti-social pig?

Their bacon tastes sad and grumpy.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Gawain The Blind posted:

All I want is to get slightly better at mining when I grind asteroids for 3 hours. Action->Reward. I don't feel like im asking for a lot here.

I want the opposite of that, because I have a career and spending 3 hours grinding astroids is loving retarded waste of my precious free time. The best part of EVE's mining progression, is that you could do it without actually mining anything.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

SweetBro posted:

I want the opposite of that, because I have a career and spending 3 hours grinding astroids is loving retarded waste of my precious free time. The best part of EVE's mining progression, is that you could do it without actually mining anything.

and also that you can do 99% of everything in eve without actually playing the game, just let it do its thing while you do other stuff.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

jabro posted:

you know how sometimes an animal will let you get near it without it flipping the gently caress out and sprinting into the other direction fast enough to knock other animals/people/things over, or start lashing out with claws and teeth and kicks. we call those social animals. Good doggies. Kitties. Some birds. the occasional raccoon

turns out routinely surprising gigantic, emotionally intelligent animals with grapples makes the animal not like you or anyone, really. Had a 250 pound sow kick my cousin in the head one time, poo poo was funny

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

SweetBro posted:

The best part of EVE's ..

Let me stop you right there. :getout:

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Drinkfist posted:

Let me stop you right there. :getout:

:rms:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Every broken eve player hates eve and quits then complains constantly every other game they try isn't more like eve. Fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Every broken eve player hates eve and quits then complains constantly every other game they try isn't more like eve. Fact.

I really enjoy EVE. I'm not broken yet.

• Locked thread