Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello.

I feel that perhaps we are getting a tad too invested in shouting down the other. Let's take several hours to step back, sleep on what has been said and then begin to post again.

Thank you kindly,
VG

Dustoph posted:

Mods need to make a rule for MMOHMO that it is a ban worthy offense to post a new game thread that isn't in at least closed beta, with a specific date for open beta (release date these days).

Would save goons thousands :homebrew:

Honestly, anything prior to that belongs in the Fine Arts FYAD section.

Also I think I might implement some kind of rule involving this. Not ban worthy at least, but maybe a tag that people can use for titles of the MMO thread that haven't even started to accept members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

The gently caress are mods doing in MMO HMO anyway. I always figured MMOHMO and Private Games Servers subforums were that spot in international waters were all the garbage just kinda floats in the middle of nowhere unpoliced.

Edit: Probably how we attracted this Shill in here. I mean who the gently caress is this guy even

https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=Wilks+Checkov

His first and only avatar is for this space engineers 2 mockup.

MMO-HMO and PGS aren't quite FYADlites like imp zone or c-spam but they are also not full zones like Games main. I'm just here to help out when needed. I'm not an overbearing mod at all and you'll barely see me unless you like talking about EVE.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

Well we aren't. So gently caress off.

You're not still angry about the time I told you to take some breathing exercises are you?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

It is pointless for me to do breathing exercises because you fail to realize that I am not ever in a temporary state of anger. I am in a permanent state of anger.

I am imagining the Incredible Hulk at the end of The Avengers.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Every broken eve player hates eve and quits then complains constantly every other game they try isn't more like eve. Fact.

I really enjoy EVE. I'm not broken yet.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

For starters why the gently caress did you get your name changed? Second. You are a moderator of Something Awful posting in the MMO HMO subforum. You were broken long ago.

Also I checked out this other game and saw something scroll by real quick and caught it. https://www.nationstates.net/nation=goondalini

Which one of you is trying to emulate this forum.

Well I posted in the GBS rename me thread because FAU is awesome at naming things and I wanted to see what he'd come up with. I am very happy, it's funny. I will go back to VideoGames at some point, but for now I am keeping it.

Secondly, someone's got to mod Games, PGS and MMO-HMO! And I'm sure it's better to have someone who enjoys the topic moderating than someone who hates and is easily offended and just hands out probations for getting their feelings hurt. I think we're all doing a bang up job!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I disagree, the best moderators hate the topics they're moderating. Look at how great GBS was when Abe moderated it, and he hated loving everything.

Was it great though? Really???? I honestly don't know.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

Here we have a sack of rabid ferrets hanging from a rope making god awful noises and trying to kill one another. Here take this bat and smash it a few times a day. Why? Because someone has to!

Oh I really don't think of you guys as rabid ferrets! More, excitable rabbits with typing skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

gently caress you you fuckman. Go kill yourself. Pikachu.

:(

• Locked thread