Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
If I had the money, I would mail live, angry bobcats to all the people who leave these reviews on Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
These reviews should be banned.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
You were looking for something to create a thread about so obviously you're not unbiased in your review of their reviews

loving hypocrite

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

My wife does this to get free junk. If the product sucks and you contact the seller and say hey yo it sucks they send you more junk.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm skeptical there is any mail carrier who would allow you to mail live animals, much less angry bobcats.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

I'm skeptical there is any mail carrier who would allow you to mail live animals, much less angry bobcats.

i bleieve it was the ted bundy who killed jonbenet ramsey

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
UPS accepts some live animals, but they're confined to stuff like amphibians, reptiles and insects, etc.

https://www.ups.com/animals

I'd like to see you succeed OP, so maybe you could somehow dupe the UPS into believing the bobcats are fish or crustaceans?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im losing my freaking poo poo and im gonna unload some loving opionoins

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Theres so much intellectual dishonesty going on...

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dont care if Prima Corporation brawls, Im in it for the clothing!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Theres so much intellectual dishonesty going on...

i have this list of fallacies i like to ultimately recite to myself once theyve left

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
You can have all the Mecha Artillery skill you want, you still wont understand naturopathy.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
KING: You there, boy, what would you have me do?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i watched the movie creed yessteray and, unbiased opinion alert, it was just ok

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I like turtles.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ThaGrandCow posted:

I like turtles.

wwhy? leatherbacks make no sense to me. its the whole point of a shell that it isnt soft

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ithink im dying of poisons

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Kuato posted:

UPS accepts some live animals, but they're confined to stuff like amphibians, reptiles and insects, etc.

https://www.ups.com/animals

I'd like to see you succeed OP, so maybe you could somehow dupe the UPS into believing the bobcats are fish or crustaceans?

I wonder if it would be possible to mail someone a box of live cockroaches in such a way that they get released immediately upon opening the box.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Ithink im dying of poisons

the booze is before me yet i want to vomit.i fight the urge to vom and guz

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Orkin Mang posted:

the booze is before me yet i want to vomit.i fight the urge to vom and guz

i had some dinner the posions will find some obstacles :twisted:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Isaac posted:

KING: You there, boy, what would you have me do?

Take me to the reliquary.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Orkin Mang posted:

i watched the movie creed yessteray and, unbiased opinion alert, it was just ok

Did it have anything to do with the late 9ps era alternative christian rock band creed?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Doctor J Off posted:

Did it have anything to do with the late 9ps era alternative christian rock band creed?

ia cant remeerb ewhat hapen 20 nubytes agi

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
I also hate these reviews because their "unbiased" opinion is based on them opening the box, using the item for a minute, then making their review. You can't tell how sturdy or useful something is until you use it for a time.

I made this post at a discount in exchange for more GBS shitposts

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Docahedron posted:

I also hate these reviews because their "unbiased" opinion is based on them opening the box, using the item for a minute, then making their review. You can't tell how sturdy or useful something is until you use it for a time.

I made this post at a discount in exchange for more GBS shitposts

I actually get these products and review them after like 2 weeks or so. What are they gonna do if I don't review it quick? Not send me more free poo poo I don't need?

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Isaac posted:

ia cant remeerb ewhat hapen 20 nubytes agi

This, but unironically

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Doctor J Off posted:

This, but unironically

unirionically? hell i cant remmeber

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I used to think online reviews were real then I discovered Clickworkers et all

It's like finding out Santa isn't real

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor J Off posted:

i think christanity is the most beautiful rleigion out of all of them. the paradox of the god man is inexhaustible. theyc ant do rock though. the lyrics are jabroni level poo poo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Berious posted:

I used to think online reviews were real then I discovered Clickworkers et all

It's like finding out Santa isn't real

That's why you browse through the negative ones to see if the product is really bad or if it's just some chunkety nerd on a man-period raging.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

notZaar posted:

That's why you browse through the negative ones to see if the product is really bad or if it's just some chunkety nerd on a man-period raging.

I think the three-star reviews are the only useful ones. The one-star reviews always complain about bad shipping or other stuff has nothing to do with the actual product being reviewed.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Roadie posted:

I think the three-star reviews are the only useful ones. The one-star reviews always complain about bad shipping or other stuff has nothing to do with the actual product being reviewed.

nah one star reviews can be useful, you just need to browse through them to get a quick gut feeling for how many relate to legitimate issues vs. how many relate to shipping/the reviewer being an idiot/phases of the moon/etc.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
It's true and people are becoming more aware, see this new video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdLI62JKpCk

I have to applaud steam for the new review filter and they pretty much hit the nail on the head with their explanation

quote:

To do so, Valve has introduced several filters to the reviews tab; one limits customer write-ups to just a user’s native language, while the other lets them choose between game reviews by Steam purchasers, key activations or both. The latter option, which is set to reviews by Steam store customers by default, is what Valve honed in on in its post, explaining that the update comes as a preventive measure against illegitimate reviews.

"The review score has also become a point of fixation for many developers, to the point where some developers are willing to employ deceptive tactics to generate a more positive review score," Valve wrote in the post.

Amazon review poaching by giving desperate people free poo poo is pretty drat deceptive if you ask me.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya paid testimonials are new and not something that has existed since before i was born

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Geirskogul posted:

These reviews should be banned.

+1

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

JakeP posted:

ya paid testimonials are new and not something that has existed since before i was born

being old doesn't make something less obnoxious. for example, me.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

JakeP posted:

These aren't even paid, you sign up for product offers and review free poo poo the merchant sends you with "honest" reviews(hint: if you don't play ball and leave crappy reviews you won't be getting anymore free poo poo)

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm gonna review some stuff I got for free soon and there's nothing you can do about it :grin:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Captain Yossarian posted:

I'm gonna review some stuff I got for free soon and there's nothing you can do about it :grin:

can i have some free stuff please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Captain Yossarian posted:

That's it! I'm calling the cops!

• Locked thread