Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Ryoshi posted:

is this the guy that theorized about that absolutely insane thought experiment "something something basilisk" where the point was that simply knowing about it made it more likely to occur

except it was all based on really stupid assumptions that were meant as gospel, like if someone was torturing an exact replica of you, distant millenia in the future, you should care about it right now because uh...okay i never figured that out because lol that's not how anything works at all. but that was like the central motivating drive behind the whole thought experiment.

for real, i barely care about other people when i dont know for a fact that theyre terrible human beings why would i care about a me thats not even the actual me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread