Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

LegoPirateNinja posted:

there was a long and super awesome thread about him about a year ago, featuring an actual computer intelligence researcher explaining just how full of crap that guy is
fun fact: that dude was making up his credentials and was exposed on tumblr

this thread sucks and the last one sucked, voted 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Ryoshi posted:

hnmmm yes it definitely takes actual credentials to see why the man who wrote "If you can imagine a mind that knows it could save the world if it could just sit down and work, and if you can imagine how that makes me feel, then you have understood the single fact that looms largest in my day-to-day life" is a pants-making GBS threads retard, thank god we have jeffrey of yospos here to set the record straight for us

please, can someone with artificial intelligence credentials from an accredited university explain why this man is a lunatic for seriously fearing some kind of AI-built hell.
It's weird to pretend to be a phd researcher and blog about your made-up research just so you can better "take down" some weird internet guy, in the same way it's weird to go to ulillillia's house and post about what kind of pizza you watched him degrease with your Nikon Monarch X Binoculars.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

LegoPirateNinja posted:

wait wait wait the guy fabricated credentials to take down the guy who doesnt have any credentials?

yeah lol it's weird to me too!

• Locked thread