Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

T-Bone posted:

I renewed everyone in the LSL/HHL. No set draft dates yet but they'll be as close to the start of the season as possible.

Keepers are due October 3rd for the HHL. After that I'll have to find a new manager.

I'll make a list of ineligible keepers later on.

e: I'm considering making all of the LSL managers post here / on Yahoo? What do you guys think about that? I figure at least 4-5 guys are probably MIA.

I'm Coatsey's Corner and am in fact still in for LSL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I'm As Gudas It Gets in HHL and Le-Tang Clan in LSL.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

bewbies posted:

Drafted this team in 12 team H2H points BIG MONEY league. I'm pretty pleased with how this went...got Seguin at 7. Has a bonus for D scoring (especially goals).

Any ideas on moves to make? A guy offered me Stastny and Hudler for Zetterberg.....

C Claude Giroux C | PHI
C Ryan Johansen C | NSH
C Tyler Seguin C | DAL øÀ
W Taylor Hall W |
W T.J. Oshie W | WAS
W Ondrej Palat W | TB
D T.J. Brodie D | CGY
D Matt Niskanen D | WAS
D P.K. Subban D | NSH øÀ
D Shea Weber D | MON
øæ
W Alexander Radulov W | MONøæ
W Henrik Zetterberg W | DET øæ
D Jacob Trouba D | WPG

G Steve Mason G | PHI Home: 0
G Pekka Rinne G | NSH Home: 1 (CHI)
G Cory Schneider G | NJ Home: 0

I think you have a perfectly cromulent team, and I'd be hesitant to make any moves right now. Then again, I am not super stoked on any of the three guys in that trade.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm down to join any leagues with openings. I've never done auction before in hockey so that might be fun. I have a feeling my league from last year might end up folding due to lack of interest and I'd like to have a team this year that's not in some shitdick public league

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm back to finish 18th in LSL. Let's go.

Currently Connaut Find Server. Might change to Gagner West or something else.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jamwad Hilder posted:

For HHL my non-goon friend changed his name to A Giroux'd Awakening. He asked me to post his keepers too, I guess to show he's still active. I'm not sure how long some of them have been kept already, and he's thinking about who he wants to potentially keep as a fourth.
Evgeny Kuznetsov $36 > $43 (last year of eligibility?)
Shayne Gostisbehere $1 > $2 (first time keeper)
Leon Draisaitl $1 > $2 (first time keeper)

He's picking Dougie Hamilton as his fourth

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I am currently trying to decide who I want to keep.

Barkov: $21 -> $25 (drafted 2015)
Domi: $7 -> $8 (drafted 2015)
Barrie: $24 -> $29 (drafted 2014)
Wheeler: $40 -> $48 (drafted 2013)
Nylander: $1 -> $2 (drafted 2015)
Sam Reinhart: $1 -> $2 (drafted 2015)
Vasilevskly: $5 -> $6 (drafted 2015)

I am thinking of taking Barkov, Domi, Vasilevskly, and maybe Reinhart. It's gonna be hard to pass on Barrie, Wheeler, and Nylander, though.

Any suggestions? The only no brainers are Barkov and Domi. Wheeler is a sure thing, but both Reinhart and Nylander have a chance at making an impact (as in, they could be on Domi's level). Barrie is probably the person I need the least, as good of a price as he is. Vasilevskly could be a cheap goalie keeper, but I am unsure what the deal is with him and Bishop.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Wheeler wouldn't be eligible to keep, would he?

I don't think Barrie is that great in this league because he doesn't rack up many hits and blocks.

I'd probably go with Reinhart or Nylander but hold off on making the decision between them until you get a sense from pre-season how they're going to be used.

But then again, I do gravitate towards cheap keepers.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I think this is Wheeler's last year of eligibility. I thought it was four years? It's kind of hard to give up on a guy who could easily put up a 25G/70P season for so cheap, even if it does come at the expense of a cheap keeper like Reinhart or Nylander.

Yeah, Barrie is the most expendable, even though he is a possible top-10 defensive scorer.

The only reason why I am thinking about Vasilevsky is because of how difficult it is to come by cheap goalies. I have spent too many years trying not to spend much on goalies, and ending up with loving Pavelec.

I also have Sam Bennett, but I feel like Reinhart and Nylander are just one tier above him.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Yea, cheap keeper goalies are nice. I'm super stoked about John Gibson. Maybe things'll be clearer about Tampa's goalieing before our draft.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm back to finish 18th in LSL. Let's go.

Currently Connaut Find Server. Might change to Gagner West or something else.

Big Boll of Weed?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

toe knee hand posted:

Yea, cheap keeper goalies are nice. I'm super stoked about John Gibson. Maybe things'll be clearer about Tampa's goalieing before our draft.

Everyone keeps saying that Tampa will be trading Bishop at some point, but who knows? It would just suck to have a keeper who only plays 1/3 of the games at the expense of a bright young gun tearing it up.

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Well with Matt Murray dead, I need a new second! Lots of options in this league...

Andersen, Bobrovsky, Varlamov, Niemi, Neuvirth, Mason, Lehtonen

I was thinking Varly since Bob is a wildcard.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am in a league where you select one player from five, and stick with them for the whole year. However, the scoring is a bit weird. You get 2 points for a goal (1 point for an assist), then an additional point for a PP goal, 2 additional points for a SH goal, an additional point for a shootout winner, an additional point for a game winning goal and then 3 additional points for a hat trick. In the past, I haven't had much issue picking players, but it seems like the dude running the league has finally wised up, and made some really difficult categories. I am just wondering if anyone has any opinions about this category.

Henrik Sedin, Marchand, Neal, Marleau, or Galchenyuk

I am leaning towards Galchenyuk, but Marchand is tempting. I am just wondering if my love for Galchenyuk is overshadowing my hatred for Marchand. Marchand's shot totals went up, and he's seeing more ice time, but I don't know if I see him scoring 37 again. Whereas, Galchenyuk is still a young dude, and I think could see his totals rise slightly from last year. He really turned it on in the second half.

I'll be back in this thread to bug you about other selections.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

I am in a league where you select one player from five, and stick with them for the whole year. However, the scoring is a bit weird. You get 2 points for a goal (1 point for an assist), then an additional point for a PP goal, 2 additional points for a SH goal, an additional point for a shootout winner, an additional point for a game winning goal and then 3 additional points for a hat trick. In the past, I haven't had much issue picking players, but it seems like the dude running the league has finally wised up, and made some really difficult categories. I am just wondering if anyone has any opinions about this category.

Henrik Sedin, Marchand, Neal, Marleau, or Galchenyuk

I am leaning towards Galchenyuk, but Marchand is tempting. I am just wondering if my love for Galchenyuk is overshadowing my hatred for Marchand. Marchand's shot totals went up, and he's seeing more ice time, but I don't know if I see him scoring 37 again. Whereas, Galchenyuk is still a young dude, and I think could see his totals rise slightly from last year. He really turned it on in the second half.

I'll be back in this thread to bug you about other selections.

One thing to consider is that Marchand had 4 SHG last year, and Galchenyuk none. SHGs are a bit difficult to project out though.

I dunno it's probably smart to take Galchenyuk because of the reasons you said, but it's not unreasonable for me to see Marchand getting 30+ goals again and probably 3-4 shgs which would make him a solid choice as well.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Marchand will score 30+ again if he keeps shooting like he did. Believe it or not, he actually shot under his career average last year, it's his volume that went way up. As long as he plays with Bergeron, I don't see that changing.

He's also generally a lock for a couple shorties every season.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, I have been talking myself out of Marchand because I hate his little weasel face. But it appears like it's the 'safe' bet, even though I love Galchenyuk. For what it's worth, The Hockey News is predicting a 33 goal and 64 point season from Galchenyuk, and a 32 goal and 52 point season from Marchand. I think those totals are a little high for Galchenyuk, and a little low for Marchand.

Also, since you have been such a help, I have been stumped with Rielly Smith, Krejci, Ladd, Radulov, and Schenn. Again, I think the 'safe' bet is Ladd, especially since he'll probably be playing with Tavares. But it's hard not to look at Schenn's second half and wonder if he's finally put it together. I have just been burned by Schenn so many times in the past.

My other two I am wondering about are Ryan, Hornqvist, Trocheck, Little, or Plekanec (either Hornqvist or Trocheck), and Duclair, Bennett, Draisaitl, Fabbri, or Reinhart (really, any one of them. I can't decide).

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I promise I'm not trying to toot the Bruins homer horn too much here, but a healthy David Krejci is probably the best of the group, and everything that's been put out there lately suggests he had a successful surgery and will be actually 100% for once. He's outproduced Ladd even in his injury-plagued years. Not sure what the scoring categories are but you have your faceoff wins + 70ish points. Ladd with Tavares is definitely hard to turn down, though. I don't think you could go wrong with either of those two.

For your other two, I think Hornqvist is "safer" but Trocheck has the upside. I'd take the gamble on Trocheck probably. I like Duclair the most from the young guys. Draisaitl would be nice too, I think he's the real deal but it's hard to tell where he slots in on that Oilers lineup.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 26, 2016

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

The only thing that matters is the points. Nothing else counts. Krejci is more of a playmaker, and since goals are so heavily valued, I was thinking one of Ladd or Schenn may put up more points. However, if Krejci can put up a 65-70 point season, that may be enough to beat out the other two.

But yeah, I am leaning towards Trocheck. As for the young guns, I feel like closing my eyes and throwing a dart at one of them. Everytime I think I have my selection, I start looking at the list again and start the process all over again.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Oh, duh, for some reason I was thinking Luke Schenn haha. I'd probably take Brayden.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hornqvist seems pretty good at staying healthy and he is going to be taped to Crosby again this season.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
hasn't he been with Sid or Geno for the last two years though? barely topping 50 points with them isn't all that great for fantasy

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

hasn't he been with Sid or Geno for the last two years though? barely topping 50 points with them isn't all that great for fantasy

He had 51 points in only 64 games his first season with the Pens. This past season he only had 51 in 82 but considering half the season involved the whole team struggling I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could hit 60.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I don't think it's unreasonable either, which is why it's been a difficult decision. Trocheck is a very good young player, but I don't know much about him. To me, it appeared out of nowhere. But that upside, playing with a very good core in Florida is hard to pass.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I'm back as Anton Strawman again for HHL and holy hell I forgot how badly I hosed myself late last season. I think I expected Burns not to expire on me.

Gonna go with this lot, I think:

Hall $71 -> $86 (Drafted 2015)
Zibanejad $3 -> $4 (Drafted 2014)
Bjugstad $1 -> $2 (FA pickup, but originally drafted 2014)
Jenner $6 -> $8 (Drafted 2014)

Totals up to exactly $100.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Decided on the following for keepers in HHL (Sixteen Yandles):

Mark Stone: $2 -> $3
Vlad Tarasenko: $36 -> $44
Ryan O'Reilly: $42 -> $51
Brad Marchand: $21 -> $26

Comes out to $124. I'm gonna be really sad when Tarasenko is ineligible after this year.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ok. I have decided on my keepers for HHL (Osti Pastrnak)

Johnny Gaudreau: $6 > $8
Filip Forsberg: $3 > $4
Vincent Trocheck: $1 > $2
David Krejci: $15 > $18

Total spend: $32

Krejci and Trocheck are first time keepers and have one more year of eligibility after this. Gaudreau and Forsberg will re-enter the draft for 2017-18. Speaking of, when are we drafting? The season starts in just about two weeks! :toot:

Fake Edit: I'll also repost my friend's keepers for HHL (A Giroux'd Awakening) since he's not a goon. Just in case it hasn't been set or whatever or it got missed.

Evgeny Kuznetsov: $36 > $43 (last year of eligibility?)
Shayne Gostisbehere: $1 > $2 (first time keeper)
Leon Draisaitl: $1 > $2 (first time keeper)
Dougie Hamilton: $32 > $39 (last year of eligibility?)

Total spend: $86

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Sep 27, 2016

waxluthor
May 28, 2003
:siren:I have one open spot in LOLHL!:siren:

waxluthor fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 28, 2016

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Tried it, said I couldn't cause the league would be full if previous teams returned.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
LSL draft is set for 10/6 at 8:30 EST, HHL draft for 10/10 at 9:00 EST. Let me know if that doesn't work for you and I'll see what I can do.

Again, I need team names for people playing in the LSL especially (HHL if you want to, but over there it's more imperative that you just post keepers, I'll know who you are based on that). I'll throw up a list of ineligible keepers tomorrow.

If you're not in the LSL or HHL and want in, post here or pm me -- I'm sure to have some spots after I start booting inactives on 10/3.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 27, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'll take open spots in whatever league(s) akickassduke@gmail.com for invites

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

HHL draft for 10/11 at 9:00 EST. Let me know if that doesn't work for you and I'll see what I can do.

This date works well for me, but the date in the league says Monday the 10th. Wasn't sure which it actually is.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

This date works well for me, but the date in the league says Monday the 10th. Wasn't sure which it actually is.

fixed. 10/10 is the right date

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

T-Bone posted:

LSL draft is set for 10/6 at 8:30 EST

Any chance you could change this one at all? I have to be awake at 5AM the next morning for a rough day at work, and I know the LSL draft runs long.

Either earlier that night or possibly literally any other night works for me.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
If the PST guys in that league can go earlier I'm up for it.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I'll keep that Thursday night open so any time after work is good by me (i'm east coast though)

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

T-Bone posted:

If the PST guys in that league can go earlier I'm up for it.

Assuming I get in after inactives are booted, I wouldn't be available until Saturday. If that's too much of an inconvenience I don't mind sitting out.

waxluthor
May 28, 2003

mentholmoose posted:

Tried it, said I couldn't cause the league would be full if previous teams returned.

Hmmm looks like the app is not letting me do much, send me an email to waxluthor AT gmail DOT com with "LOLHL" somewhere in the subject and I'll send you an invite later tonight.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am looking at ESPN's Fantasy Hockey Rankings and they're, uh, interesting. I am not sure if they're advocating for taking goalies in the first round, but they have 4 in the top-10 (Holtby, Price, Jones, and Quick).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Just got an interesting trade offer... my Duchene and Subban for Ladd and Karlsson. All major scoring categories, plus GWG, SHP, hits, blocks, and some other stuff. I do have an excess of centers so this might be a good way to go. Should I take this deal?

• Locked thread