Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Finally made the LSL draft again after missing it the last 2 years. Pretty happy with my team, even though they're probably the oldest team in the league.

The Next Jenneration
1. (14) Brent Burns (SJ - D)
2. (27) Cory Schneider (NJ - G)
3. (54) Blake Wheeler (Wpg - RW)
4. (67) Ryan Getzlaf (Anh - C)
5. (94) Boone Jenner (Cls - C,LW)
6. (107) Brayden Schenn (Phi - C,LW)
7. (134) Derick Brassard (Ott - C)
8. (147) Rick Nash (NYR - LW)
9. (174) Henrik Zetterberg (Det - C,LW)
10. (187) Michal Neuvirth (Phi - G)
11. (214) Jarome Iginla (Col - RW)
12. (227) Frans Nielsen (Det - C)
13. (254) David Perron (StL - LW,RW)
14. (267) Ryan Callahan (TB - RW)
15. (294) Kris Russell (Edm - D)
16. (307) Karl Alzner (Was - D)
17. (334) Valtteri Filppula (TB - C,LW)
18. (347) Brad Richardson (Ari - RW)
19. (374) Travis Hamonic (NYI - D)
20. (387) Nick Holden (NYR - D)
21. (414) Keith Kinkaid (NJ - G)
22. (427) Luke Glendening (Det - C)
23. (454) Kevin Bieksa (Anh - D)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Gagner West/Team Autodraft/Here Be Free Points:
1. (9) Johnny Gaudreau (Cgy - LW)
2. (32) Corey Perry (Anh - RW)
3. (49) Nikita Kucherov (TB - RW)
4. (72) James Neal (Nsh - RW)
5. (89) John Carlson (Was - D)
6. (112) Zach Parise (Min - LW)
7. (129) Jonathan Huberdeau (Fla - LW)
8. (152) Rasmus Ristolainen (Buf - D)
9. (169) Brent Seabrook (Chi - D)
10. (192) Justin Williams (Was - RW)
11. (209) Joonas Donskoi (SJ - RW)
12. (232) Dylan Strome (Ari - C)
13. (249) Cam Fowler (Anh - D)
14. (272) Olli Maatta (Pit - D)
15. (289) Ryan Pulock (NYI - D)
16. (312) Matt Moulson (Buf - LW)
17. (329) Jimmy Howard (Det - G)
18. (352) Jori Lehtera (StL - C)
19. (369) Curtis McElhinney (Cls - G)
20. (392) Anton Forsberg (Cls - G)
21. (409) Cody Eakin (Dal - C)
22. (432) Marian Gaborik (LA - RW)
23. (449) Dennis Wideman (Cgy - D)

That's...actually much better than the last time I had to autodraft, I have to say. There are some pretty nice wingers there, a couple nice D, and then there's the rest of it.

If I put any effort into this at all, I'd like Huberdeau to be healthy, but that's not the case.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 12, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Jack Eichel out 4-6 weeks and my inaugural LSL season is off to a rousing start

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Small sample size, but :smug:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Quick out 3-4 months and I missed out on Zatkoff woo

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
My Cooter/Konecny bet is already paying off :smug:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I really need a goalie getting Zatkoff would've been a huge deal for me

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I really need a goalie getting Zatkoff would've been a huge deal for me

[The monkey's paw curls. Me, carrying a Cam Ward, appears in front of you.]

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I joined a 6-team league, and I feel like I have to post my team for laughs. For some reason, it counts faceoff losses, which is why I drafted Bergeron so high.

1. (6) Vladimir Tarasenko RW
2. (7) John Tavares C
3. (18) P.K. Subban D
4. (19) Patrice Bergeron C
5. (30) Max Pacioretty LW
6. (31) Filip Forsberg LW
7. (42) Taylor Hall LW
8. (43) Nathan MacKinnon C,RW
9. (54) Jake Allen G
10. (55) John Klingberg D
11. (66) Mark Scheifele C
12. (67) Roberto Luongo G
13. (78) Auston Matthews C
14. (79) Devan Dubnyk G
15. (90) Rasmus Ristolainen D
16. (91) Jake Muzzin D

The waiver wire is littered with Johansen, Duchene, Schenn, Galchenyuk, and other great players.

waxluthor
May 28, 2003
I'm pretty sure faceoff lost counts opposite like GAA, the lower the better. I had it in LOLHL one year, I wanted to reward faceoffs but didn't want people stocking up on centres that qualify as wingers.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
God drat it, I've been outbid on literally every FAAB bid I've made so far in HHL. Huberdeau by a single dollar, too. :smith:

Well, I'm sure RNH is the answer. :v:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Kreider lookin' like a hell of a pickup for me so far, even if he is a Ranger sonuvabitch

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
What do you guys make of Tkachuk? He's looked ok but I'm not sure if he's going to stay more than 9 games. I'm debating if I want to ride out the next few with him and see what happens or see if there is something better I could pick up now.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

What do you guys make of Tkachuk? He's looked ok but I'm not sure if he's going to stay more than 9 games. I'm debating if I want to ride out the next few with him and see what happens or see if there is something better I could pick up now.

He's only getting 11-12ish minutes per game right now, so there probably are better options. That said you never know with a young player when he will suddenly show something and get his TOI ramped way up. Maybe wait a little longer and see how it rides out unless there is someone you really like to pick up.

e: Trouba needs to get traded already. I have him in the Hockiest and that league has a decent wire so I could probably find someone good but Trouba is solid and I'd hate to just toss him. Annoying that he isn't playing at all yet.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 20, 2016

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah, full disclosure it's HHL and I was thinking about picking up someone else who's been more productive, but the keeper aspect is also tempting me to ride it out with Tkachuk

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm thinking of trading Letang/Parise for Marchand/Orlov. I don't think Letang will match last years numbers and while Parise could rock under BB Marchand has just looked like a top 10 guy. Thoughts?

Edit: I've got Subban as well on D, basically drafted two top D in the first three rounds to barter for a top Forward

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I would trade Letang/Parise for Marchand/Orlov without thinking twice.

I think Orlov is going to have a good year too. He was scratched or played third pairing last year, but the team seems to realize how stupid that is and he's getting good minutes so far. He gets 1st unit PP time and his regular pairing is with John Carlson.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I would trade Letang/Parise for Marchand/Orlov without thinking twice.

I think Orlov is going to have a good year too. He was scratched or played third pairing last year, but the team seems to realize how stupid that is and he's getting good minutes so far. He gets 1st unit PP time and his regular pairing is with John Carlson.

Yeah it's a pretty good trade. Just hope my dumb league doesn't veto. The guy trading and I are both huge Caps fans and pretty experienced at Fantasy and I'm surprised he was willing to trade Marchand at all.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
If that gets vetoed then you're in the worst league ever and should quit.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If that's not a cap league, is a points league, and you have an IR I think you lose that trade badly.

If any of those things aren't true it's a lot closer. Letang is >> Orlov and Marchand is at best a small upgrade on Parise, at worst a small downgrade.

e: I made a trade yesterday. This is a multi category cap league with 17 guys so goalies are at a premium. Traded Brian Elliott for Kadri and a first round pick which will probably be a mid round pick. Dropped Ribeiro and picked up Kuemper. Basically I have zero respect for Elliott, love Kadri in multi cat leagues, and think Kuemper being traded is a real possibility given goalie injuries around the league and Minny having Stalock as a potential backup. My other goalies are Anderson and Philly's pair. Not world beaters but enough that I don't need to worry about GP.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 20, 2016

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Jordan7hm posted:

If that's not a cap league, is a points league, and you have an IR I think you lose that trade badly.

If any of those things aren't true it's a lot closer. Letang is >> Orlov and Marchand is at best a small upgrade on Parise, at worst a small downgrade.

e: I made a trade yesterday. This is a multi category cap league with 17 guys so goalies are at a premium. Traded Brian Elliott for Kadri and a first round pick which will probably be a mid round pick. Dropped Ribeiro and picked up Kuemper. Basically I have zero respect for Elliott, love Kadri in multi cat leagues, and think Kuemper being traded is a real possibility given goalie injuries around the league and Minny having Stalock as a potential backup. My other goalies are Anderson and Philly's pair. Not world beaters but enough that I don't need to worry about GP.

It's a league that tracks a ridiculous amount of stats, and does have an IR. I'm fairly high on Orlov getting 35-40 points and more PP time this season, and he can actually hit OV in his wheelhouse unlike Carlson. I am banking high on Marchand, but I'm fairly sure he's going to have a career year like Letang did last year. I just don't trust Letang to stay healthy for more than 50-60 games even with an IR slot, or to repeat his career year.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If Letang is healthy he's a top 5 D in the league in both multi cat (he's a sneaky hitter / blocker and gets 50+ PIMs) and point leagues and Orlov isn't close to that. Betting against that isn't a bad thing but you're wrong the other guy wins a lot.

Marchand is a high % shooter but counting on a guy to shoot 15% to get the kind of numbers you need him to get is always going to be dicey. He's nowhere near as good at multi cat stats as youd expect for his reputation. If he falters Parise is just as good as him.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Jordan7hm posted:

If Letang is healthy he's a top 5 D in the league in both multi cat (he's a sneaky hitter / blocker and gets 50+ PIMs) and point leagues and Orlov isn't close to that. Betting against that isn't a bad thing but you're wrong the other guy wins a lot.

Marchand is a high % shooter but counting on a guy to shoot 15% to get the kind of numbers you need him to get is always going to be dicey. He's nowhere near as good at multi cat stats as youd expect for his reputation. If he falters Parise is just as good as him.

He fills in the categories I do need much better than Parise will, and yeah Letang is hard to sell but I've got Subban and Goligoski as PPP guys and then guys to pick up blocks hits and plus minus, so I'm not hurting too bad losing Letang on multi cat.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You do you obviously but based on last year you're giving up 100 shots, 60 blocks, 36 PPP and 30 pts, and only coming ahead on PIMs by 10 (in nearly 20 less games, which you can mitigate with IR...). You're banking hard on Letang being injured.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Letang is stupidly good and will hit 70 points if healthy. I guess he is an injury risk, but I don't like that trade. Parise could easily match Marchand's production as well, if not his goals.

e: I don't like banking on injuries in fantasy though. Unless we're talking about a Sami Salo level of injuries player I think you always just take the better player and hope they stay healthy.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 20, 2016

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Jordan7hm posted:

You do you obviously but based on last year you're giving up 100 shots, 60 blocks, 36 PPP and 30 pts, and only coming ahead on PIMs by 10 (in nearly 20 less games, which you can mitigate with IR...). You're banking hard on Letang being injured.

Well he's hurt now so I'm on point!

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Now I'm re-reconsidering whether I should have given up Johnson for Nash. Right now I'm thinking Johnson has more category value at C and more upside long term. Ah well, let's see how it goes. Early season tinkering... picking up extra C shouldn't have made me move for a LW. Even if my LW options aren't great.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Kyle Connor, Dion Phaneuf, and Alex Goligoski were a combined -16 and I'm wondering if I may have underestimated the importance of +/- in LSL

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Getting Konecny and Cooter fuckin' inflated my point totals, wow. I can't imagine I keep this up

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Yaya posted:

Kyle Connor, Dion Phaneuf, and Alex Goligoski were a combined -16 and I'm wondering if I may have underestimated the importance of +/- in LSL

You can punt a category and still do well. Also, early season, etc etc.

genki posted:

Now I'm re-reconsidering whether I should have given up Johnson for Nash. Right now I'm thinking Johnson has more category value at C and more upside long term. Ah well, let's see how it goes. Early season tinkering... picking up extra C shouldn't have made me move for a LW. Even if my LW options aren't great.

I think you're getting the better end of that deal so don't second guess yourself tooo much.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Made a trade today that nearly got vetoed. My Parise and E Staal for his Panarin. Roto categories make Parise very attractive and Panarin less so. Salary cap makes Panarin very attractive (relatively, his cap hit is still 3.5m) and Parise less so. He also offered me Giroux, but I'm in cap clearing mode so that was out of the question.

Not sure why he wanted Staal given I was also trying to move Kevin Hayes and Pirri. I think he loves Minnesota under Boudreau, and on that score I can't say I blame him. Boudreau owns, Minny players gonna reap the benefits.

Overall I still think I made out like a bandit though.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

there is no disgusting depth I won't dig to in pursuit of goalie starts in LSL. welcome aboard chris driedger :barf:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm in a keeper league and I'm having trouble deciding who I should drop to take Lehner, and eventually Spezza, off IR.

Potential candidates are (with round values):

11. Burakovsky
15. Backlund (FA)
15. Fisher (FA)
15. Perreault (FA)
15. Ehlers
18. Puljujarvi

I already have Demko in my only NA slot and Puljujarvi looks like he's on the fast track to getting sent back after his 9 games, so I can't really burn a bench spot on him all season. I sill would rather hang on to him to try to work out a trade maybe. Ehlers and Burakovsky are the guys with decent long term value, so they should be holds, but Ehlers' ice time has been kinda up and down so far this season and Winnipeg seems deep enough at forward that I'm not sure it'll trend upward. Two of Perreault/Backlund/Fisher seem like easy drops, but they're helping me in faceoffs a ton and Backlund and Fisher's ice time is encouraging so far (and 4 A in 9 GP / 4 P in 6 GP is alright I suppose)

I think dropping Perreault today for Lehner is really my #1 move, but I'm having trouble deciding on the second one when Spezza comes back. If I can't trade him away in the next 24-48 hours, I think I have to drop Puljujarvi, right? Or should I just let Backlund/Fisher go to the wire and hold Puljujarvi a little longer and try to work out a trade, and if so, which one should I drop? Probably Backlund, right? And someone convince me that I should be more optimistic about Ehlers' prospects this year

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Why would you possibly keep Demko over Puljarvi?

Jesse's floor is probably higher than Demko's ceiling.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Aye Doc posted:

there is no disgusting depth I won't dig to in pursuit of goalie starts in LSL. welcome aboard chris driedger :barf:

All loving Hail Peter Budaj

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

Why would you possibly keep Demko over Puljarvi?

Jesse's floor is probably higher than Demko's ceiling.

I have him in the dead last round and I have a boner for goalies I guess. I was also under the assumption that Demko is supposed to be Good.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 29, 2016

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He is but he's on a team that's moving in the wrong direction and he's 3 years away.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I didn't think he was supposed to be that far off, but if that's really the timetable, then yeah, it makes sense to dump him and keep Puljujarvi then just hope I can re-draft Demko next year or something

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Eh, maybe 2 years but I doubt he'll be a real #1 until the 19/20 season. Look at Gibson / Lehner / Vasilevsky / Hellebucyk... Even Mrazek doesn't get the spot undisputed and has to keep fighting for the job.

Goalies are dark magic. I'd drop Demko for Lehner and Perreault or Backlund for Spezza depending on categories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Well dropping Demko doesn't do anything to get me out of my roster crunch until Puljujarvi gets sent down, so it'll be Perreault and Backlund. That was my initial thought but needed to talk it through, thanks

• Locked thread