Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

T-Bone posted:

I got all excited to add Ramo in the LSL after he had been practicing with Toronto and they waived Enroth but someone has been sitting on him for the entire year what the gently caress LSL

Crawford and Quick both out :(

Haha I just grabbed him! Haven't been sitting on him.

My tandem of Schneider/Kinkaid/Leighton/Ramo sure is something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Oh ok I quickly scanned recent waivers and didn't see an add that makes me feel better.

I pretty much need a Kuemper start this week or I probably won't hit 3.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
In a full keeper salary cap league I have Kucherov and have been offered Tavares and Kyle Connor for him.

Kuch is riding some pretty unsustainable numbers but is 23 and the better scorer. Also has 2 more years of a great contract.

JT takes more shots and has probably lower numbers than he'll end up. Also his contract is still really good.

Connor is the wildcard that maybe swings it in my favour but... Thoughts?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
How deep is the league? I'm not sure that Connor is gonna do poo poo this year at this point, and in fact is probably going to be sent down soon.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'm pretty happy with Allen/Ward as my goaltending tandem at the moment. Ward's been surprisingly good this year and is actually carrying most of the weight in my goaltending matchups.

Pavelec was my last pick in the draft and I'm holding onto him in the hopes that somebody is going to be desperate enough to use him.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

T-Bone posted:

How deep is the league? I'm not sure that Connor is gonna do poo poo this year at this point, and in fact is probably going to be sent down soon.

16 teams x 25 players + 10 player farm team. Is deep deep deep

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jordan7hm posted:

16 teams x 25 players + 10 player farm team. Is deep deep deep

Might be worth it then -- you get Tavares in his contract next year too and Connor will improve really quickly.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
2 weeks in a row I've had 0 goalie games played by Thursday in LSL and then came out winning or even sweeping the goalie categories by the end of the week

Antti Raanta has been such a clutch pickup, goddamn

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Is Jeff Skinner looking legit this year? I feel like I'm going to pick him up and he'll immediately take a hit that leaves him eating his meals through a straw in a dark room for the rest of his life.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
For what it's worth, Skinner has been (mostly) healthy the past three seasons. He's played over 70 games in each of them, even playing every game last season.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
So I might repeat in the HHL I got ridiculously lucky with some of these picks

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

T-Bone posted:

So I might repeat in the HHL I got ridiculously lucky with some of these picks

I think it's mostly people being down on Rask and Bobrovsky because of last season. You got those two for a bargain. Burns was really cheap too, and in retrospect $110 for McDavid is probably under value.

There's still 11 weeks to go but I'm kind of down on my team. I went all in this year (I did the swap for Forsberg with you last year) but my keepers have been mostly disappointing between Forsberg being snakebitten and Gaudreau getting injured. Then the Brian Elliot gamble screwed me over. On the plus side, I was worried about rebuilding since I can't keep Forsberg or Gaudreau next season, but some of my draft picks are going to be nice keepers for the next two years. I have Pastrnak ($4), Werenski ($1), Vesey ($1), Buchnevich ($1), and Trocheck ($2). I also grabbed Schwartz off of waivers for $35 so that's a possibility too.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I did think Rask would rebound but Bob was pure luck -- I think I originally got in on him to drive up the price.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Every week I look at this team and go "second place still? Sure why not"

Then I look at t-bones and quiver. Again.

loving t-bone

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I still think I have the most ridiculous collection of forwards, with all due respect to T-Bones McDavid+Malkin+Panarin combo.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
oh man if Bishop is out :pray:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
My Hockiest team loving stinks. If anyone wants to offer me some futures for what established players I do have, I'll listen to offers. The only player I have that is off limits is Murray.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I never realized how garbage at faceoffs Jack Eichel was until I drafted him in LSL.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
My HHL team is absurd, which means it will choke in the first round like that LOL team I had a few years back that won like 16 weeks in a row.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
January injury season is great, and I love it

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My LSL and HHL teams both kind of suck. But at least not as bad as the one guy who autodrafted in LSL.

HHL, I'm 12th but you look at the standings and the vast majority of the teams are under .500, so I just need to have a few good weeks. I think that's possible, my team is too good to be 12th IMO.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
LSL right now I'm seventh, but there's only 7 points separating fourth and tenth; with my easy remaining schedule I think I have a shot at the division still. Or I might miss the playoffs entirely.

I'm right on the edge in LOL and HHL; with a good couple weeks I could be in to get owned by the hilariously dominant 1 seeds.

Petr Mrazek was not a good choice in the LSL draft. I could have had Bobrovsky instead, and probably would have been cruising with him and Gibson right now.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i am baffled at my LSL success. i wish craig anderson weren't dead. mike condon has carried me 2 seasons in a row which is so depressing

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

LSL right now I'm seventh, but there's only 7 points separating fourth and tenth; with my easy remaining schedule I think I have a shot at the division still. Or I might miss the playoffs entirely.

I'm right on the edge in LOL and HHL; with a good couple weeks I could be in to get owned by the hilariously dominant 1 seeds.

Petr Mrazek was not a good choice in the LSL draft. I could have had Bobrovsky instead, and probably would have been cruising with him and Gibson right now.

Yeah I'm in the playoffs in the LOL with my autodrafted/waiver team but it doesn't have a chance.

My LSL team is alright, I think it's probably on the way to yet another 2nd round exit.

e: I'd say I'm in the market for veteran upgrades in the HHL but I don't have a lot of youth to offer. Panarin and Ekblad I guess but they've only got a year left and with Panarin there's not much to upgrade him to.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

In HHL, I have too many players on the IR. Why am I still using an IR spot on Erik loving Johnson?

At least Jamie Benn is back.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'm just hoping to finish over .500 to consider my first LSL season a success. Lots of stuff didn't work out for me, like thinking the Islanders were smart enough to call up Ho-Sang early in the season, thinking Kyle Connor would have the same kind of immediate impact someone like Gaudreau had, taking Jack Eichel as my 3rd round pick, and thinking Anton Rodin's knee wasn't as bad as it is.

Cam Ward's been a pleasant surprise, considering I took him solely because he was the last starter available.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

My only regret is drafting Henrik Lundqvist

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Being well over .500 by this point in the season is setting me up for my best LSL season ever, where I'll probably finish at best in 10th place

But hey, it's improvement

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm in a weird position in HHL because I might need to offload veterans, but I'm also already set with cheap young guys. I can have Pastrnak, Buchnevich, Trocheck, and Werenski for the next three (two?) years as keepers so its not like I'm hurting for cheap, talented, players. I just don't know where to go with the team this year. I might just have to settle for a middling finish.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Hhl sucks because tbone is going to upset me yet again. Especially since I have no real good keeper trades

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
HHL is irritating because my team is in 11th and probably won't make it but it's next to impossible to find a trading partner to even re-tool for next season because all the good teams are full of expensive vets. The bad teams seem to have most of the young guys worth trading for but none of them would have any reason to move those guys.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Oh god my LSL goaltending is imploding entirely.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Yahoo Daily Fantasy is acting up, saying Price and Gibson aren't starting tonight, while their regular fantasy leagues say the two of them are. At this point I'm playing with house money instead of my own, but it's still annoying that I might lose because they hosed up.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

Duclair, Bennett, Draisaitl, Fabbri, or Reinhart (really, any one of them. I can't decide).

I picked Duclair :(

Fabbri has 46 points (in our scoring system which rewards goals), Draisaitl has 70 points, Reinhart has 46 points, and Bennett has 29 points.

Duclair has 14 points and is in the AHL.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I feel like he's really struggled with Domi being out. If he was still playing I'd think Duclair would be chugging along just fine.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I'm right on the bubble in HHL right now but I don't really have anyone to buy with to put me over the edge. This is my last year keeping Tarasenko too, which is really going to hurt if I don't win it this year. I guess if someone's really interested in J.T. Miller as a cheap keeper I could trade him for a points getter.

In LSL I have taken over the Canada division lead and don't plan on letting go. I can't wait to win a third straight division and then lose in the first round to the 7 seed.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I just went from 2nd to 7th with a 2 point buffer in the LSL, gentlemen we have a race

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My LSL team is hosed. I mean, it kind of sucked anyway, but now that Varlamov is done for the year I'm basically guaranteed to lose goaltending every week since my only starter is Steve Mason.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Not really having to do with my league or anything, but my brother is starting to write for Dobber Hockey this week. I'm pretty excited for him, he's starting to turn this fantasy writing thing into an actual career (though he's still far away from making a living at it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waxluthor
May 28, 2003

:shepicide:

• Locked thread